Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

BMI Racing Discussions

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 04:47 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

hey guys,just want to give you an update on the testing with our new 1/12th car that we did today.i went to the track with Paul Wynn today to do some asphalt testing.i started out with a somewhat standard style setup and the car was pretty good.it seemed to carry a ton of speed through the corners but was a little nervous exiting the tight sections.i made a few changes for the first heat and had paul run the car.he Tq'ed the first round and the car was alot more stable in the tight sections.i ran the car the second heat and the car felt really good but i felt it could use a slight bit more steering.i made a couple small changes for the main and had Paul take the car out for the main.He wound up setting the fastest lap ever done on the track by .4 seconds. the car really came to life in the main.we finally nailed the setup for the car.the biggest thing that impressed me was how the car does not double steer at all.if it has a push in will have a smoothe push.once we got the set up we liked, the car did not need much steering input to make the corners.it carried insane amounts of speed through the corners which took alot of load off the motor.the motor came off the track about 35 degrees cooler than it did with my T plate car.i am very pleased with this car.my first time out with it on asphalt ever and i was less than 3 seconds off of my best 8 minute run with my T bar car.i did this run before the set up was established.i am confident that i can beat my fast time now after seeing how it ran in the main.i was able to run the car floored through a bumpy section of the track that was sending the T bar cars airborn.i am at the point now of getting things ready for production.i am extremnely satisfied with the progress we made today in just 5 battery packs.i have never been able to manipulate a cars handling as easy as i did today.the car is extremely tunable and reacts very well to the changes.now i cant wait to try it on the rug again.i learned alot in a very short amount of time today.things are only going to get much better.i think that i will be able to get a box stock setup for this car with 1-2 more racedays.as of right now it is already better than i expected.i never experienced mass amounts of controlable steering.usually when i have too much steering i have a hard time driving the car.when i drove the car today i felt that i can almost feel what it is doing.i am very pleased and will be moving forward with starting production.very good results.
Old 12-10-2006, 05:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

This car is the real deal!

BMI making world news

http://www.rcworld.ch/neueprojekte.asp?id=3823

http://www.rcworld.ch/neueprojekte.asp?id=3822
Old 12-10-2006, 05:30 PM
Tech Lord

i hope they are saying good stuff,the only part i was able to translate was BMI Racing and florida.my german is a little rough
Old 12-10-2006, 06:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I can also give an update of the 007 kit. Ran it this weekend at the Express North/South shootout. I ran this car and my BMI cyclone in both stock and 19T, alternating cars the first two rounds. In the third round i settled in the the 007 for stock and the cyclone in 19T.

The 007 BMI conversion saves about 1-1.5 ounces off of the stock weight of an 007. I didnt have to add any weight as the car was coming up right at 50 or 50.1 ounces depending on tire size. I can say that the car didnt tweak once.... the entire weekend. And believe me, I tested it on a high speed chicane. The car stayed completely flat on the tweak station and all of the shock collars were adjusted to the same points. I only had to set the ride height and droop, and the tweak was dead on every time. Also, tire wear was minimal in either class, which was pretty suprising based on the layout and overall speed. Tire wear was about 0.1 to 0.2 mm per round and even on all tires.

On track performance was just as impressive. This car transitions in both directions so quickly and smoothly that I could put it where ever I wanted. Unfortuneately, I wanted it to clip the chicane every once in a while .

I have never driven a car that is so good in both smooth sweeping turns AND sharp switchbacks. Normally, a car is better in one vs. the other. Thanks to the BMI kit, this car does both very well. As far as set-up changes - we started witha really close set up and only expreimented with shock position to stabillize the car a little bit. Going in on the upper shock mount position really smoothed the car down off power. One position seemed to be all that was needed and the car was dialed.
Old 12-10-2006, 06:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

And i can't wait to see the new 1/12th up close. looks and sounds incredible.
Old 12-15-2006, 07:18 PM
Tech Lord

hey guys,

all T2 007 kits will be going out this week.i have been real busy trying to get our new machine up and running.now that i have it going i will be returning to normal.
i am still working on the new 1/12th and should be on schedule.

i also want to let you guys know that we will be closed from december 22nd until jauary 2nd.if anyone needs anything before that time,please let me know asap.we have had another great year and i look forward to many more.thanks for all your guys ongoing support.have a safe and happy holiday season.

Jason Breiner
and the rest of the crew at BMI Racing.
Old 12-17-2006, 04:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

That 12th scale is HOT, i am looking forward to seeing it released, and if you can land the kit as cheap as you have hinted, you will have trouble keeping up with production.

12th is receiving a life line again in my local area, i love my SSG yokie, but it could easily see the shelf for a while if this thing goes as good as it looks.

Waiting with baited breath
Old 12-17-2006, 05:41 AM
Tech Lord

thanks buddy.i have been working at it as much as possible.i am going to get a full production car and then check pricing.if i am too high then i will cost cut where i can without sacrificing quality.i should be able to do it.i will keep you guys posted.i am very excited about the release of this car.it is the best 1/12th i have driven to date.i cant wait to share it with you guys.
Old 12-17-2006, 06:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

jason,
will your new 1/12 car be carpet / asphault specific or both? will there be any tires included in the kit? if so, then is it for asphault or carpet? these items can help bring the costs down a little.....
Old 12-17-2006, 06:29 AM
Tech Lord

the car works on both carpet and asphalt with different setups.i chose not to include tires because they are surface specific.it seems that each class and surface have a tire of choice and i dont see the reason for bumping up the price when you may not even use the tires i supply.the car will be complete minus the body and tires.i feel both are user specific items.

thanks for the input buddy.
Old 12-17-2006, 06:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by protc3
hey guys,

all T2 007 kits will be going out this week.i have been real busy trying to get our new machine up and running.now that i have it going i will be returning to normal.
i am still working on the new 1/12th and should be on schedule.

i also want to let you guys know that we will be closed from december 22nd until jauary 2nd.if anyone needs anything before that time,please let me know asap.we have had another great year and i look forward to many more.thanks for all your guys ongoing support.have a safe and happy holiday season.

Jason Breiner
and the rest of the crew at BMI Racing.
jason, I need one of these. can you send me one?

thanks man
Old 12-17-2006, 07:08 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theisgroup
jason, I need one of these. can you send me one?

thanks man
get in line
Old 12-17-2006, 08:32 AM
Tech Lord

i will have them available to everyone as soon as possible
Old 12-17-2006, 09:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by protc3
i will have them available to everyone as soon as possible
Are you going to have any of your kits for sale at the birds race?
Old 12-17-2006, 10:30 AM
Tech Lord

that is my plan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.