Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Associated B4

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 02:18 PM
Tech Adept

Default Associated B4

I've heard that the Associated B4 won't handle a hotter motor than a 9.5T brushless without recking the diff, is this true?

Also, my LHS has the factory team and race spec edition in stock, worth buying over the stock? Being £40 more expensive for the Factory team and £50 more for the race spec.

Please answer if you can as i have NO experience of off road buggys

Thanks!
Old 11-20-2008, 02:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If you are talking about the rc10b4 RS, then that is a RTR. The FT car is worth the money if you are going to put your own stuff in it.

As for the motor, you can put a lot of power through the tranny if things are put together right (diff isn't slipping, things aren't over tightend, ect). I run a 8.5 in my truck right now (the T4 and B4 use the same tranny), and I had a mamba max 7700 set-up in it for a short time (it was really hard to drive then lol), but I never had an issue with the tranny or diff failing. Also there are guys that run 5.5's in their trucks (some guys do that on in-door caly tracks in the US) and they never had an issues that I know of. So yes the B4/T4 can with stand a high powered motor without issues.
Old 11-20-2008, 02:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by carbon madness
If you are talking about the rc10b4 RS, then that is a RTR. The FT car is worth the money if you are going to put your own stuff in it.

As for the motor, you can put a lot of power through the tranny if things are put together right (diff isn't slipping, things aren't over tightend, ect). I run a 8.5 in my truck right now (the T4 and B4 use the same tranny), and I had a mamba max 7700 set-up in it for a short time (it was really hard to drive then lol), but I never had an issue with the tranny or diff failing. Also there are guys that run 5.5's in their trucks (some guys do that on in-door caly tracks in the US) and they never had an issues that I know of. So yes the B4/T4 can with stand a high powered motor without issues.
+1000000 Right there he knows what he is talking about. This next year im putting a novak 8.5 in my T4 and Right know i have a MM 4600 in my b4.
Old 11-20-2008, 02:52 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for replying, cool just what i was hoping to hear

How does the B4 RS compare to a Losi XXX-CR and others, most of the guys at my local track seem to be running the Losi.

The B4 RS is £164 RTR at my LHS so anything in that price range you would reccomend over the B4 for general outdoor bashing?

Thanks.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:34 PM
Tech Master

If you are RACING, the B4 is the best 2WD for it's money, period. People can argue over the X-6 etc, but you're paying a lot more cash then.

If it's just BASHING, there are a lot better cars than the B4. I started out bashing with mine (got it second hand), and spent most of my time replacing shock towers and bumpers. Racing cars are not as good as "recreational" cars by a long shot if you want to throw them off 10 foot banks constantly.

Go for Tamiya or Duratraxx for a basher, any day. I love Tamiya for mucking around with. My son has one, and it's sooooo much better knowing you can bounce off a parked car at full-tilt and just have to turn it up the right way instead of rebuilding it!
Old 11-24-2008, 03:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

the b4 is awesome., she will handle the power as long as you maintain properly
Old 11-24-2008, 03:51 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Conducting aggressive board meetings at my local track
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Got ya all beat! I've run a 4.5 turn in my B4, haven't had a problem with the transmission. Currently running a Losi Excelorin 6.5 turn. The B4 can take the power quite well.