Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive) >

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Like Tree143Likes

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Old 05-03-2014, 10:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by hanulec
two setups posted now. Kyle's car from the Tamiya track, and Gee's from MRH.
http://www.awesomatixusa.com/p/setup-sheets.html
No mention of which FFG rod was used for Kyle's mod setup?

Thanks!
Old 05-03-2014, 12:16 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by AwesomatixUSA
latest stock order on the way in guys. just got tracking #s
Any raceberrys in that order
Old 05-03-2014, 03:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trackout
I believe so. We ordered some
Old 05-04-2014, 05:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ElliotCanada
Are there kits coming in on this order including USA Versions and EVOs?
I think you're confusing the USA Spec concept. Last year the USA Spec was to provide AM06S hubs instead of AM06. As of a month or two ago -- this has become the way Awesomatix ships all of their cars!

We are bringing a few A700L and a bunch of A700 Evo

Originally Posted by cosmokitten
No mention of which FFG rod was used for Kyle's mod setup?

Thanks!
The default Evo rod - c31.

Originally Posted by trackout
Different company -- different order. Should have tracking on that soon -- but the back order list on raceberry's is big already. the order has nearly sold out before it arrived!

Update - just did a final count, there are 3 more RB chassis 'available' for back order before any new requests having to be fulfilled by yet another manufacturing run.
Old 05-04-2014, 06:09 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I was really proud yesterday to see ever growing number of Awesomatix cars at my local track (Jackson RC) for our asphalt season opener. We put more 17.5 cars into the A-main then any other brand, without having the largest car count at the track. What a difference a year makes!

My Evo in 17.5 was pretty amazing yesterday. It had hot lap by 0.2-0.3s throughout the day. A change to a 'back cut' C21 top deck really freed up the car in the center of the corner allowing it to rotate hard. Once I learned how to drive the car -- it was clearly the way to go w/ laps being 0.05s quicker. Next week I want to try a braced top deck against the FFG mount. I'll post the full setup soon...

The rest of the racers all had A700L with various setups. I suspect with a bit more test/tune under their belts (or should i say shafts..) they will be right up there fighting for TQ.

In Modified Larry TQ'd against Haynes and myself with an ever improving car, but got caught out in the main by changing to too heavy of a front bar (1.4) that made his car evil on the curbs. There are still a ton of whole sale changes occurring on our mod cars to be confident to have a posted setup.
Old 05-04-2014, 06:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I think posting a picture of the car along with the set-up sheet would help clear up some questions people might have. Noticed on the awesomatix Facebook page that they do this.

I have been looking at the RB chassis and reading the comments on it as well, is it that much better than the stock chassis on both carpet and asphalt? If so maybe Oleg could look at replacing the stock chassis with the RB in the new kits.

Patrick
Old 05-04-2014, 06:19 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

How does the Awsomatix A700 compare with the Xray T4?
Old 05-04-2014, 07:13 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by XCELL
I think posting a picture of the car along with the set-up sheet would help clear up some questions people might have. Noticed on the awesomatix Facebook page that they do this.

I have been looking at the RB chassis and reading the comments on it as well, is it that much better than the stock chassis on both carpet and asphalt? If so maybe Oleg could look at replacing the stock chassis with the RB in the new kits.

Patrick
picture + setup is a great idea

i don't think the RB is 'necessary' but more an interesting tuning option. in 17.5 TC i ran an "L" chassis. in mod TC, fairtrace had an "L" chassis, and I ran a RB.
Old 05-04-2014, 07:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanulec
picture + setup is a great idea

i don't think the RB is 'necessary' but more an interesting tuning option. in 17.5 TC i ran an "L" chassis. in mod TC, fairtrace had an "L" chassis, and I ran a RB.
Fair enough, I have no issues with the stock chassis, just wish it was a little cheaper.

Patrick
Old 05-04-2014, 07:56 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Prince Nuada
How does the Awsomatix A700 compare with the Xray T4?
both a great cars in terms of quality/durability/etc. the awesomatix is _very_ different than most touring cars -- so this can be intimidating at first.

i've seen you post the question is "xyz as good as abc" on other car threads. i'd really recommend you go do to your local track -- and ask the racers there. you'll see what the fast guys are running, and see how willing those drivers are to support new comers. finding someone who can help you with your car initially is probably the best thing to learn about. eventually you won't be asking which car is better --- you'll know based upon racing experiences.
Old 05-04-2014, 10:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

Just thought I would chime in here. I've had my EVO for about a month now, running mod. Just for kicks I put a 17.5 in it for yesterdays club race and wow is all I have to say. I've had a horrible time with stripped spur gears and FFG problems running mod, but in 17.5 this car shows its true colors. I wasn't running a super fast speed or anything, the car just allowed me to be so consistent that it made it a really stress free day (TQ, and lead the main start to finish for the win).

Now it's back to mod, and trying to find a way to make this car work there. I really am glad I bought this car. Owning this and my T4, I feel like I own the best of both worlds in RC.
Old 05-04-2014, 10:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mclarein
Just thought I would chime in here. I've had my EVO for about a month now, running mod. Just for kicks I put a 17.5 in it for yesterdays club race and wow is all I have to say. I've had a horrible time with stripped spur gears and FFG problems running mod, but in 17.5 this car shows its true colors. I wasn't running a super fast speed or anything, the car just allowed me to be so consistent that it made it a really stress free day (TQ, and lead the main start to finish for the win).

Now it's back to mod, and trying to find a way to make this car work there. I really am glad I bought this car. Owning this and my T4, I feel like I own the best of both worlds in RC.
At our club we have a fall thru winter long points series. In mod, Awesomatix took 1,2,3 ( in points ) for the entire 15 race series.

Running Kody's Nats winning Mod setup ( posted at Awesomatixusa.com ) is quite good on many carpet tracks.

If you run the Xray 96 gear, with a spur damper, and a *wide* good quality pinion, your spur issues should be minimal. Also, letting off when you are about to hit something hard helps a lot ! LOL

Jake D.
Old 05-04-2014, 11:20 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

48 pitch
Old 05-04-2014, 01:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
At our club we have a fall thru winter long points series. In mod, Awesomatix took 1,2,3 ( in points ) for the entire 15 race series.

Running Kody's Nats winning Mod setup ( posted at Awesomatixusa.com ) is quite good on many carpet tracks.

If you run the Xray 96 gear, with a spur damper, and a *wide* good quality pinion, your spur issues should be minimal. Also, letting off when you are about to hit something hard helps a lot ! LOL

Jake D.
I've tried the xray, they were the same as the rest. I tried the kimbro and they were better. My biggest problem is when the buzzer goes off. I've stripped two that way. I will try 48 pitch if it will help. Also, I agree that Kody's setup is good. Thats what I've been running in mod with a couple of small changes.
Old 05-04-2014, 01:51 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Some gears are too hard. The Kimbrough are soft. My xenon have lasted for an entire season. I really like the RW 64p gears vs xray...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.