Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive) >

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree143Likes

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 10:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Indeed. I thought so too but I forgot to include that the shipping will cost you an additional 10usd. Kind of steep huh?.
Old 02-08-2014, 01:38 AM
Tech Initiate

Just thought I would share some body designs for when I get my EVO.
Not sure which one I like the most. Feel free to use any of them if you like.
Attached Thumbnails Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)-awesomatix-car-body-06.jpg  
Old 02-08-2014, 02:52 AM
Tech Regular

Me, the last one for a simple reason, many of the indoor venues I race are sports halls, they tend not to have the best lighting making it difficult to see overly elaborate colour schemes. The contrast of the blue with the white front and rear bumpers would make it much easier to accurtely see the car in relation to the track corner markers.

Bb
Old 02-08-2014, 05:41 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Damper Spring Rate Questions

There are multiple ways you can get the same stiffness under each SRS/RHS arrangement. There are also ways to get the same stiffness across SRS/RHS arrangements.

For example using soft springs, SRS/RHS I's A=3,B=3 and A=4,B=4 both (approx) give a stiffness of 66? What is the impact of moving to a different curve but having the same stiffness?

Also, SRS arrangement I A=2,B=4 gives the same stiffness (approx 55) of SRS II's A=3,B=1. What is the impact of changing arrangement but having the same stiffness?
Old 02-08-2014, 07:19 AM
Tech Adept

When you match stiffness but alter the damper gap (A) you are changing the damping only but keeping the spring rate the same. Remember when you alter the damper gap the SRS goes with it so the spring gap (B) will be different for the same stiffness.

This is the same for both adjusting the spring gap to get the same stiffness or changing the screw arrangement.
Old 02-08-2014, 11:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm selling some parts for only 185$ shipping costs included!!!!
Old 02-08-2014, 11:31 AM
Tech Adept

I've just finished my build & review article of the EVO and aluminium chassis. Please check it out here: http://www.thercracer.com/2014/02/aw...sis-build.html
Old 02-08-2014, 02:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I stick to a simple method to isolate damper rate changes from spring rate changes. If you want to change damping rate but maintain the same ( existing ) spring rate I just move (A) some distance, then move (B) the same distance but in the opposite direction.

The above might seem obvious to many but when I first had the car I relied on the chart in the manual or the built in calculator in the PDF setup sheet Then one day I smacked my forehead and said "duh" to myself.

As noted in posts above , the only issue is if you run out of spring rate adjustment range ( B ) you'll have to change from SRS I to SRS II or vice versa, or use a different spring ( soft or standard ). Or if you need different damping range use the #3 dampers instead of the standard #6 dampers.

Jake D.
Old 02-08-2014, 02:51 PM
Tech Elite

Default aluminum is a good electrical conductor

For those that have the aluminum / alloy chassis, one note to remember , aluminum is a very good conductor of electricity, so be cautious of your battery connectors, especially if you put your bullet battery connectors towards the back of the car and in the furthest back position , the bullet connectors can easily hit the rear FFG mount and cause a short.

Jake D.
Old 02-08-2014, 04:06 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Quantra
When you match stiffness but alter the damper gap (A) you are changing the damping only but keeping the spring rate the same. Remember when you alter the damper gap the SRS goes with it so the spring gap (B) will be different for the same stiffness.

This is the same for both adjusting the spring gap to get the same stiffness or changing the screw arrangement.
Thanks you. It's a start but not fully answering my questions:

What is the impact of moving to a different curve but having the same stiffness?

What is the impact of changing arrangement but having the same stiffness?
Old 02-08-2014, 09:51 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

The same shock measurement can have different dampening feelings. The "a" controls your dampening, "b" your spring. Your best bet is to try a few settings that mathematically appear the same and see how they "feel" by compressing the suspension on your pit table.
Old 02-09-2014, 03:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by south1716
What is the impact of moving to a different curve but having the same stiffness?
Note that the "curves" shown in the manual are ONLY *static* spring rates along a curve. The damping rate / value is not represented in the manual at all. The reason the spring rates are represented as "curves" is because as we adjust them in equal increments in any direction the static spring rate curve shows it is not a linear static change. The supplied chart doesn't show anything regarding how the spring reacts through its full range of motion.

Jake D.
Old 02-09-2014, 04:59 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Citywok
Just thought I would share some body designs for when I get my EVO.
Not sure which one I like the most. Feel free to use any of them if you like.
the camo one, with tamiya PS-55 sprayed on the outside

anyone here use the ride 30 tires?
Old 02-09-2014, 05:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by south1716
Thanks you. It's a start but not fully answering my questions:

What is the impact of changing arrangement but having the same stiffness?
If I understand your question correctly the answer is there is no difference. If you move the damper out for example this will of course increase the damping due to mechanical leverage. Moving the SRS/RHS inwards to give the same stiffness will do just that. There will simply be more damping.

Changing arrangement merely moves the SRS 4mm in or out, no effect other than that. You need this adjustment to maintain the desired spring stiffness for very large or very small damper settings.

One thing though, if the shock is moved it takes the spring with it. So the Spring Rate Screw needs to be moved to compensate but it presses on a different part along the spring length creating a slightly different leverage point but the same static stiffness. So its possible there can be a different feel on the track. I think it negligible, just my opinion.

I think reaching the same stiffness with the hard vs soft springs does subtly change the car however, they're not quite the same feel.

I also agree exactly with everything Jake said.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:00 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

i had a whole day of just running my aluminum chassis Evo mod car yesterday. this car is by far the best modified touring car i've ever raced on carpet. usually i struggle to go faster with modified indoors vs 13.5t -- but that isn't the case any more.

i spent most of the day playing w/ speedo settings (LRP Flow & LRP X20 5.0) -- and it was nice to see speedo settings effecting drivability and overall laptimes. the setup i'm running is very similar to Josh, but without the rear caster, and one hole longer front links.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.