Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive) >

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree143Likes

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 10:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by oceanhighz
Freddy, what protoform body has similar handling characteristics to the Bittydesigns MC10? Looking to try something different here in a little while, thought this might be a good option, depending on how it handles on carpet.
Hi,
there is no simliar popular body from PF which is close from driving to the MC10. The MC10 is a very easy to drive body with very easy corner entering and exit.

Speed 6 lw: For sure the most possible corner speed, good and "round" driving, sometimes the rear end get loose but this depends on the setup

LTC-R lw: This body has a lot more steering into corner, very fast reaction so good for hairpins, the rear end stays stable the whole time, maybe little less corner speed.

All in one it depends on track, setup and conditions.
I always try to use the LTC-R on asphalt and the speed 6 on carpet.
Old 11-10-2013, 02:01 PM
Tech Regular

Default Super long post in 3, 2, 1....

First I want to thank Mike H of Awesomatix USA for great communication during my purchase process and answering all my crazy questions in a timely manner.

Then I would like to thank Oleg for designing an amazing car. The build was awesome, every part fit perfect and the directions were easy to follow. My ONLY complaint about the build was that parts would be spread over multiple bags on certain steps.

Mike Slaughter, a team driver in Michigan, was a huge help. I texted him at all kinds of crazy hours and he was extremely helpful and patient.

Also those that view this page. The few posts I have made or questions asked have been replied to with respect and were actually useful. Thanks!

So today I got it to the track for the first time. After fixing some mistakes I made with steering turnbuckles, this car felt great! I used Larry Fairtrace's set up from the Halloween Classic except for the low roll centers, mainly because I originally was going to build this per the directions first, then change things. But due to time issues this week, my plan changed. In the first qualifier, even before I solved all the steering issues, I was sitting in second place, one lap down. In between rounds I solved the steering problems and went .2 second faster, not only fast lap, but all averages also. Unfortunalty this track didn't have a very good showing for 17.5 TC today and they ran all cars in one heat and the talent varied drastically. I ended my day early before something got damaged. But I left very happy.

I have been a loyal brand X customer for 3 years now. Even with the steering issues I created for myself, this car handled as good as my brand x car, maybe even better. After fixing the problems I had, this car puts my old car on eBay.

Thanks to all again, you have a loyal believer in your product! Once others drive my car, I am sure orders will be placed.

Adam Buchholtz
Old 11-10-2013, 03:30 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Adam- without the at21s the droop settings on Larry's setup won't be right. Sounds like not a bad first weekend..
Old 11-10-2013, 03:40 PM
Tech Regular

Yeah, I thought about that this morning after I set the droop. I plan on getting them installed in the next day or so. I also plan on putting together a order for spare parts and the floating servo mount. If there are any other things that would be good to have, even as option parts, let me know please.
Old 11-10-2013, 04:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Adam your my new 'HERO' .... it was Wille but now it's you .... LOL
Glad to hear you like the car.
Old 11-10-2013, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FreddySudhoff
Hi,
there is no simliar popular body from PF which is close from driving to the MC10. The MC10 is a very easy to drive body with very easy corner entering and exit.

Speed 6 lw: For sure the most possible corner speed, good and "round" driving, sometimes the rear end get loose but this depends on the setup

LTC-R lw: This body has a lot more steering into corner, very fast reaction so good for hairpins, the rear end stays stable the whole time, maybe little less corner speed.

All in one it depends on track, setup and conditions.
I always try to use the LTC-R on asphalt and the speed 6 on carpet.
Thanks a bunch for the input.
Old 11-11-2013, 04:30 PM
Tech Regular

Is there a part number for a complete gear diff for the front?
Old 11-11-2013, 04:41 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Adam B
Is there a part number for a complete gear diff for the front?
Gd1
Or
The ultimate gear diff bundle -- I highly recommend it.

We got pauls 2.5m silicone too...
Old 11-11-2013, 08:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Can't find the oil in your site.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nuno Gancho
Can't find the oil in your site.
http://shop.awesomatixusa.com/heavy-...iff-putty.html
Old 11-14-2013, 04:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I've been reading this thread for quite a while, but I finally got to see, touch, and observe the car in action at the first winter series race at Omaha last Sunday, courtesy Billy Sydor. The thing was on rails, and there were no signs of anything that could be improved on the handling. And that was before he bothered to set it up!

I'm sure the car was worth at least 0.2 seconds on a 10 second lap compared to his previous car (which he has used to lap me numerous times, every Sunday).

Now I know what my Xmas present should be!
Old 11-14-2013, 06:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by howardcano
I've been reading this thread for quite a while, but I finally got to see, touch, and observe the car in action at the first winter series race at Omaha last Sunday, courtesy Billy Sydor. The thing was on rails, and there were no signs of anything that could be improved on the handling. And that was before he bothered to set it up!

I'm sure the car was worth at least 0.2 seconds on a 10 second lap compared to his previous car (which he has used to lap me numerous times, every Sunday).

Now I know what my Xmas present should be!
The car is outstanding. Everyone currently running it in CO are now .2-.3 faster than with there previous cars. You will not be disappointed with the purchase.
Old 11-14-2013, 08:47 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Cars

The only bad part about this car is as everyone buys one you lose your advantage!!!
Old 11-14-2013, 09:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AARON YOUNG
The only bad part about this car is as everyone buys one you lose your advantage!!!
Yup...I remember when I first got my car before awesomatix usa existed. Mike Gee still had an associated and the advantage was had. But now not so much.
Old 11-14-2013, 09:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I'm looking to picking up a A700L here shortly and have been reading and looking at the CAD file images of the EVO update. Anyone have the latest on this next version and what the parts would be to upgrade from L to EVO?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.