Wiki Posts
Search

Spektrum Dx3R Problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 05:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)
Default Spektrum Dx3R Problems

I have my rc8 in the model 1 on the radio binded to say receiver 1, and my baja 5t on model 2 binded to receiver 2, and my kyosho dbx model 3 binded to receiver3.
Lately my rc8 would not return the steering to center if i turned right it would not return to center it would stay a little right and the same a little left atfer i turned left. also the steering servo makes a buzzing noise all the time it did not used too jr9100t. I first tried a new receiver and was still getting the same results. I installed the receiver binded to model 2 and it worked fine. I installed the original receiver in the rc8 rebinded it to model 2 and it works fine. I back tracked and rebinded it to model 1 and the steering is wacky again. it seems through process of elimination that the receivers are good the servos are good and that just the model 1 slot on the radio is bad. this seems a little weird? just looking for advice? just to add i did reset all the settings in model 1 to factory with the reset model option in the radio so it rules out settings i changed in the radio. its a easy fix just not to use model 1 slot of the radio but is my radio going bad?
Old 11-19-2008, 05:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

If you take your battery cover off the bottom what is the number on the little white sticker in there?
Old 11-19-2008, 05:51 PM
Tech Regular

Old 11-19-2008, 06:26 PM
Tech Regular

I found the problem. I did not have the servo frame rate set for digital servos 5.5ms it was on 11ms. I set it n 5.5ms when i first got it last Feb. but somehow I managed to reset it? thanks guys
Old 11-19-2008, 06:44 PM
Tech Master

I had the opposite problem with frame rate.I went lipo conversion in a nitro truck but use the TEKNO clutch so I need a servo for brakes. With the 9000T in steering & 9100s in throttle slots in reciever & frame rate set at 5.5ms everything is good.When I put the same 9100s in the aux slot in the reciever & made the aux the slave to throttle channel the servo would slam all the way full brake & then go limp & you could move the servo horn by hand. The guy that figured out the problem didnt know why but when frame rate is switched to 11ms the aux channel worked propperly. I couldnt find anything in manual or on line,maybe some kind of program bug?
Old 11-19-2008, 06:45 PM
Tech Regular

Check this out. Not saying that you are having the same problem but just an FYI.

http://www.spektrumrc.com/Articles/A...ArticleID=1784
Old 11-19-2008, 07:12 PM
Tech Regular

Thats interesting. I have lost bind maybe 3 times since feb. Never when it mattered(knock on wood) lol. I will definately contact them on this. Thankyou
Old 11-19-2008, 07:35 PM
Tech Regular

Just out of curiosity, what are you running for a clutch setup on ur RC8?
Old 11-19-2008, 08:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

should be running IMPULSE-RC clutch shoes!!! only the best clutch shoes ever. and i dont run an rc8 i run a Kyosho!!! last for ever and have incredible bite! check them out you wont be sorry! also they are very inexpensive. top notch product!!!!