Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
SMC 4000/25C/3.7V single cell Hardcase pack. >

SMC 4000/25C/3.7V single cell Hardcase pack.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SMC 4000/25C/3.7V single cell Hardcase pack.

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 06:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I'm keen to hear the results. I might pick one up for testing, I ran my 12th for the first time yesterday & the first time using NiMHs in a while... lets just say I don't miss them

reading the new SMC thread, any chance of a 40C 6000 mah 3.7v pack?

edit: according to LRPs specs a 3.5 @ 3.7v should be in the same RPM ballpark as a 5.5 @ 4.8

Last edited by CraigM; 12-15-2008 at 05:50 PM.
Old 12-14-2008, 07:25 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

We lowered the capacity on purpose to 4000 on the single cell pack to try and make use of throttle driving in mod 12th scale as the current speeds are to fast. The lower capacity and 25C also makes the price lower.

Since there is no official rules for 12th scale single cell Lipo the pack will remain the same. I'm sure our competitors will be releasing some of these packs and they will most likely increase the capacity so we may have to do upgrade our packs.

I wish ROAR would look into freezing the case size right away as we spent allot of time and money making sure the case fits well in a 12th scale. We don't want to have to redo the case becasue some of our competitors made a bigger case to put more capacity inside.
Old 12-14-2008, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Conducting aggressive board meetings at my local track
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

ROAR limits the cell size for Sub C, they SHOULD limit the case size for the 3.7 cell pack. If other manufacturers make larger packs, you can bet there will be fitment problems. I'm gonna pick up one of these packs after the holiday shopping is complete.
Old 12-14-2008, 07:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Danny/SMC
We lowered the capacity on purpose to 4000 on the single cell pack to try and make use of throttle driving in mod 12th scale as the current speeds are to fast. The lower capacity and 25C also makes the price lower.

Since there is no official rules for 12th scale single cell Lipo the pack will remain the same. I'm sure our competitors will be releasing some of these packs and they will most likely increase the capacity so we may have to do upgrade our packs.

I wish ROAR would look into freezing the case size right away as we spent allot of time and money making sure the case fits well in a 12th scale. We don't want to have to redo the case becasue some of our competitors made a bigger case to put more capacity inside.
I agree... it is far too expensive to prototype a case and make molds.
Capping the capacity is a great way to keep 'em from goin' too ballistic.
Wasn't Sr.Mike hitting 47 mph at cleveland? Whew!
Old 12-14-2008, 07:52 PM
Company Representative

I know the size we came up with is pretty much maxed out so this is why the need to freeze the size to our case but since this isn't a ROAR class yet I'm not sure how they can do this.

If I were ROAR I would take our pack and measure the case then send a letter to all the affiliates who have submitted 7.4v packs in for approval and tell them if they plan on making a single cell pack that the maximum size case allowed will be the size of our case.

So if some of you know ROAR personal please talk to them about this as it would be great is this could happen. I don't look forward to the day that we have to stretch our casing by 2mm to be able to get the same capacity or C rate as one of our competitors made a 2mm bigger case.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Where are my signature series race packs Danny ?
Old 12-14-2008, 08:07 PM
Company Representative

Sorry I don't think we will make your series with the single cell pack but I think you will like our new EFRA 40C+ C-Max pack.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:19 PM
jrp
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Donny, how are you charging your packs ?

Charger ?

Settings/Charge Rate ?

Are the batts warm when you start your run ?

Thanks.
Old 12-14-2008, 10:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Does anyone have the solution to running a LRP Sphere with the Single cell? (Other than buying a Novak). My car drops off .6 in a five minute race. (oval 13.5) With a Novak it will drop off .1-.2.
Does anyone know if you can remove the lipo cutoff in a LRP Sphere? I put it in "4-7 cell NiMH mode" (as opposed to "Lipo/NiMH Automatic" mode) but is was no help.
Receiver pack won't help unless it's wired in incorrectly.
Old 12-14-2008, 10:50 PM
Company Representative

Are you keeping the speed control switch off ? It should be off and use the receiver pack switch. Are you running a Lipo receiver pack ?
Old 12-14-2008, 11:07 PM
Tech Initiate

I'm running a 7.4v 180 mah receiver pack.

You know what, I can't remember if I had the speed control switch on or off, so most likely on. I thought with the LRP you have to have both switches on. (?) I believe they are wired different than the Novak when it comes to how the switches work. ?

My understanding is, and from what I have seen is with the Novak you leave the red esc wire in and only turn the receiver switch on. With the LRP you remove the red wire and turn both switches on.

I hope I am wrong so I don't have to buy new esc's though, I have 3 LRP's.
Old 12-14-2008, 11:11 PM
Company Representative

Keep the speed control switch off. Those who have had good results with the LRPs have kept the switch off.
Old 12-15-2008, 03:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I just did a little test.

Left the red wire connected with no drive pack. I turned the rx pack on and pulled the trigger. It wanted to turn the tires. When I turned the speedo on it would turn the tires. I think it would be better to pull the red wire and then turn both on but, further testing is needed.

HTH
DK
Old 12-15-2008, 07:31 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TommyGun43
I'm running a 7.4v 180 mah receiver pack.

You know what, I can't remember if I had the speed control switch on or off, so most likely on. I thought with the LRP you have to have both switches on. (?) I believe they are wired different than the Novak when it comes to how the switches work. ?

My understanding is, and from what I have seen is with the Novak you leave the red esc wire in and only turn the receiver switch on. With the LRP you remove the red wire and turn both switches on.

I hope I am wrong so I don't have to buy new esc's though, I have 3 LRP's.
Had a guy testing the LRP at my track yesterday. Dropped off only .1 in an 8 min. 1/12th stock race (had a 13.5 motor in, to make it equal to 17.5/4 cell)

I believe he had it setup with a rx pack and turned only the rx pack on and left the speedo switch off. This was with the red wire left in. Worked really good.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:23 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Danny/SMC
I know the size we came up with is pretty much maxed out so this is why the need to freeze the size to our case but since this isn't a ROAR class yet I'm not sure how they can do this.

If I were ROAR I would take our pack and measure the case then send a letter to all the affiliates who have submitted 7.4v packs in for approval and tell them if they plan on making a single cell pack that the maximum size case allowed will be the size of our case.

So if some of you know ROAR personal please talk to them about this as it would be great is this could happen. I don't look forward to the day that we have to stretch our casing by 2mm to be able to get the same capacity or C rate as one of our competitors made a 2mm bigger case.
Danny contact JD Crow He is the tech guy now. Give him the info and all the history of what's going on. He's a good guy to deal with. You can get his e-mail off the ROAR website.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.