Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Calling Losi 8ight B Racers What are you running? >

Calling Losi 8ight B Racers What are you running?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Calling Losi 8ight B Racers What are you running?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 10:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (95%+)
Default hub spacers 2 in front 2 in back??

Originally Posted by BAUSTIN
we had this exact conversation at wilkes last weekend.....one guy said shortening the wheelbase puts the rear tires up under the car more and would produce more rear traction(easyer to drive).......but the 2.0 manual says lengthening the wheelbase would make the car more stable......so im not positive.....i run my hubs all the way back...spacers in the front of the hub.....maybee some of the other guys that have been responding can shed some light.......

from 8 1.0 manual

Wheel Base: Shorter wheelbase (spacers behind the rear hubs) increases on-power traction, rear weight transfer, and has more off-power
steering. Shorter wheelbase is better on tight or slick tracks. Longer wheelbase (spacers in front of the rear hubs) decreases off-power steering.
Longer wheelbase is more stable, better in bumps, and has more on-power steering.

if the track is dry slick you may want to try it both ways to see what suits you best

Yeah it dosent make sence to me, like you said the 2.0 is longer. I would think that spacers in front, longer wheel base would be more stable and eaiser to drive, on the Losi page the stable easy to drive set-up say to use 2 spacers behind the hub???

I would really like to hear from someone that has tried both and can explain the difference.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

a longer wheel base gives you more on throttle steering and less off power
a longer wheel base will rotate less in tight corners, but more in long sweeping corners

shorter gives the opposite
a short wheelbase will help the car rotate more in 180s and tight corners

usually people complain about the losi being loose on throttle or coming out of corners, which is why moving the hubs forward can help people with this.

A longer wheel base on a long sweeping track is better
(nitropit , the farm)

a shorter wheel base on tight technical tracks are better
Old 11-14-2008, 10:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Most people start with the Truhe setup and work from there. Looking at your setup, the diffs are lighter (F 5K, center 7K) and your ride height is much lower. Truhe setups also has the hubs back.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:59 PM
Tech Adept

Whats up Rob? Put Truhe's setup on the car and go from there. I usually only make small changes to the car at a time and I only will change one thing at a time and then try that.
Main thing with that car is to make sure your ride height is correct. If you have to run a little higher or lower just make sure that the car has a lower front end. If not the handling of the car will be severly altered. Always reset your ride height after changing tires as well. From wholeshots to crimefighters will be around a 4mm difference. Then if your using one of the newer rims on the market vs one of the older rims (Old being a few months ago) you can add another 1-4mm of ride height difference. You can really get messed up here.
Also, always be sure to check your droop. It changes.
Old 11-14-2008, 02:04 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by cdbias
Whats up Rob? Put Truhe's setup on the car and go from there. I usually only make small changes to the car at a time and I only will change one thing at a time and then try that.
Main thing with that car is to make sure your ride height is correct. If you have to run a little higher or lower just make sure that the car has a lower front end. If not the handling of the car will be severly altered. Always reset your ride height after changing tires as well. From wholeshots to crimefighters will be around a 4mm difference. Then if your using one of the newer rims on the market vs one of the older rims (Old being a few months ago) you can add another 1-4mm of ride height difference. You can really get messed up here.
Also, always be sure to check your droop. It changes.
Thanks Casey info is appresheated
Old 11-14-2008, 02:46 PM
Tech Addict

When I first saw this topic, I thought ohhh man this one will be busy! Half of all racers in the world are on Losi's B-Team.... LOL!

JK!
Old 11-14-2008, 04:44 PM
AE

James, didn't you just get picked up by X-Ray?
Old 11-14-2008, 08:54 PM
Tech Addict

Default Links to losi tuning

Originally Posted by MikeFriery
a longer wheel base gives you more on throttle steering and less off power
a longer wheel base will rotate less in tight corners, but more in long sweeping corners

shorter gives the opposite
a short wheelbase will help the car rotate more in 180s and tight corners

usually people complain about the losi being loose on throttle or coming out of corners, which is why moving the hubs forward can help people with this.

A longer wheel base on a long sweeping track is better
(nitropit , the farm)

a shorter wheel base on tight technical tracks are better

I found this page on Losi 8 tuning I thought it was solid reading

http://www.rcrcr.com/file/8th%20scal...g%20manual.pdf

Does anyone have any links to forums or pages that have some discussion on suspension tuning the Losi 8ight B

If everyone give ups 1 of the favorite threads, links, forums or pages it would help us rookies out a lot.

No Thanks to the Acer Racings Ad in the upper left of page, that chicks ass in the little black shorts is really distracting. I may have to go punch the clown.
Old 11-16-2008, 12:52 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Dyno Dan
James, didn't you just get picked up by X-Ray?

Yep, I'm one of two racers running for RC America/Xray on the west coast. Our CA team is huge, and packed with the best drivers.

Next year will be a busy season..!
Old 11-16-2008, 02:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

this is what im runnin, I just Started Running This setup this weekend and it was the first time i was in the Amain and i finished 5th. before this i was always in the Bmain placing 3rd to 5th

Diff
F/c/r
5000/7000/2000

Shocks
F/R
40/25

Tires
F/R

Crimefighters/Bowties

Stock Gearing

Mach 427 Motor(stock)