Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
New Futaba Radio >

New Futaba Radio

New Futaba Radio

Old 10-02-2003, 02:08 AM
Tech Regular

Default New Futaba Radio

Just been surfing ad found Futabas new radio. It's called the Futaba 2PL and it looks like an intermediate level radio. It has all the necessary functions and a little more. I think it has a couple of downfalls being: is AM, uses crystals and only comes with Futabas stock servos (3003). Looks like it is Futabas repsonse to Airtronics/Sanwa's MX3 and JR XS3. One of the best things about it is that it costs only $65 US or so. You can find more about it at: http://www.futaba-rc.com/radios/futk01.html
Old 10-02-2003, 05:59 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Default Re: New Futaba Radio

Originally posted by Dexter
Just been surfing ad found Futabas new radio. It's called the Futaba 2PL and it looks like an intermediate level radio. It has all the necessary functions and a little more. I think it has a couple of downfalls being: is AM, uses crystals and only comes with Futabas stock servos (3003). Looks like it is Futabas repsonse to Airtronics/Sanwa's MX3 and JR XS3. One of the best things about it is that it costs only $65 US or so. You can find more about it at: http://www.futaba-rc.com/radios/futk01.html
Its a shame Futaba are sticking with their 3 spoke wheel...it is one of the most ugly around. I have put my old 5 spoke wheel onto on 3PK and it makes the TX look soooo much better!
Old 10-02-2003, 09:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've had my Futaba 3PK for about a year and until now I never even noticed the wheel except for how it feels. Oh well, I guess an ugly one works as good as any other.
Old 10-02-2003, 11:42 PM
Tech Master

if futaba were to introduce a synthesized 3PK, i think it would deffinitley be a way bigger seller

because for the price of a 3PK and around 5 extra crystals

you could buy a sythesized M8 with an XXTRA rx
Old 10-03-2003, 12:30 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by me43
You forgot to add in the fail safe for the M8 !
Old 10-03-2003, 03:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by InitialD
You forgot to add in the fail safe for the M8 !
Do you believe in Fail Safe ?

Here is the example from Futaba 3PK and It was correct setting of Fail Safe but endup it 's still ...

Old 10-03-2003, 03:11 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by MrChan
Do you believe in Fail Safe ?

Here is the example from Futaba 3PK and It was correct setting of Fail Safe but endup it 's still ...
So what can be learnt from this? That because of this incident we should not use a fail safe?
Old 10-03-2003, 03:14 AM
Tech Prophet

It does look like the throttle servo got wrangled and the throttle linkage is totally not connected to the carb anymore. That would surely cause a runaway in which case only a TRS would save the car.
Old 10-03-2003, 05:24 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by InitialD
So what can be learnt from this? That because of this incident we should not use a fail safe?
i'm still using Fail Safe. but I 'm trying to say it's not 100% Safe ..Imagine, Some1 turn on the same freq when your car hit the max speed and takeing a big Sweeper .. beside the sweeper is the wall ..!! Do you think fail-safe will able to stop the car safely . ... The answer is the picture but luckyly it's not my car ... Expectly 1/8 , You will not able to stop at high speed . but I believed it 's not everytime ppl will turn on the same freq when we are at high speed . It's still better than nothing !.
Old 10-03-2003, 10:00 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Considering with HRS you are getting high response AND built in fail safe.......why not use it!! AND the reciever is still cheaper than the new KO 301 with just high response!
Old 10-03-2003, 10:34 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by MrChan
i'm still using Fail Safe. but I 'm trying to say it's not 100% Safe ..Imagine, Some1 turn on the same freq when your car hit the max speed and takeing a big Sweeper .. beside the sweeper is the wall ..!! Do you think fail-safe will able to stop the car safely . ... The answer is the picture but luckyly it's not my car ... Expectly 1/8 , You will not able to stop at high speed . but I believed it 's not everytime ppl will turn on the same freq when we are at high speed . It's still better than nothing !.
can you enlarge your avatar a little bit bigger?
Old 10-03-2003, 11:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The 3PK comes in two versions: HRS and PCM. You can't have the fail safe feature of the 3PK if you get the HRS version.
Old 10-03-2003, 11:48 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Racing4Evo
The 3PK comes in two versions: HRS and PCM. You can't have the fail safe feature of the 3PK if you get the HRS version.
i am using fail safe feature with HRS !
Old 10-03-2003, 11:52 AM
Tech Regular

Smile

Well, I guess that whether or not you're disappointed in fail-safe depends on what you expect it to do. I never thought it would prevent a crash. I have it set up for a 10 degree turn in the direction of the sweeper and full brake. The idea is to shut down the engine and spin the car out in the direction of the highest speed turn. This will hopefully minimize damage at the most dangerous point in the track, and, why I REALLY use it: it will prevent a runaway engine and engine failure. jack
Old 10-03-2003, 02:06 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by me43
if futaba were to introduce a synthesized 3PK, i think it would deffinitley be a way bigger seller

because for the price of a 3PK and around 5 extra crystals

Novak is making a synthesized modual for the 3pk (check tower hobbies). Its gonna cost alot of $$$ though, like the m8 one. The 3pk will still cost more but people go for the 3pk because its a newer radio that has PCM and HRS capabilities and more features than the aging m8 which is probably going to be replaced soon. According to this picture Futaba is also going to make a syntheised modual for the 3pk.

it was in this thread.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.