Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gs Racing cl-1 adv+ Vs Hot Bodies D8

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 12:04 PM
Tech Regular

Default Gs Racing cl-1 adv+ Vs Hot Bodies D8

Im looking for a Kit to build but without spending an arm and a leg I like the look of the mugen mbx-6. For a rookie/noob and ps money does matter (im married) and now adays every dollar counts. (i want to race when i can stay on the track and not get my ass kicked for taking someones MP9 out (not to say i would be close to him) ... lol ... i see kits mugen $539.99 Hotbodies d8 $359.99 Gs racing advanced plus $399.99. help me out
Old 11-08-2008, 12:06 PM
Tech Regular

wow i went crazy with the( ) sorry about that guys ...(im a( tard)...
Old 11-08-2008, 12:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (97%+)

the d8 is the world champ and the price is very nice or tower has the rc8 for easy pay of like 150 a mo and also they have v specs on easy pay for 99 a mo. makes it a little better and then that way u get top notch stuff and it dont kill your wallet all at once
Old 11-08-2008, 12:38 PM
Tech Elite

to things i would go with the 6 if i were you mugen know for being tough

and sec the world champ d8 would not be the world champ mr lutz buggy broke or koysho would be the champ
Old 11-08-2008, 12:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default car

It's crazy you post this because I have both cars. You cant go wrong with the CL-1 Advanced or the D8. I just stoped racing the Advanced after 6 mo of hard racing and the car rips and is super strong. I find my self wishing I had the car when I get to big tracks. The D8 is one of the best cars I have run in a long time and one of the best cars out at any price, and the GS Advanced and it must be the Advanced is the most under rated car out there and I cant bring my self to sell it. I will probably build it and race it at the pit or keep it for a 2nd. car.
Attached Thumbnails Gs Racing cl-1 adv+ Vs Hot Bodies D8-picture-042.jpg  
Old 11-08-2008, 12:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Marcus Falconie
It's crazy you post this because I have both cars. You cant go wrong with the CL-1 Advanced or the D8. I just stoped racing the Advanced after 6 mo of hard racing and the car rips and is super strong. I find my self wishing I had the car when I get to big tracks. The D8 is one of the best cars I have run in a long time and one of the best cars out at any price, and the GS Advanced and it must be the Advanced is the most under rated car out there and I cant bring my self to sell it. I will probably build it and race it at the pit or keep it for a 2nd. car.
there noting wrong with the d8 or the advance but for me i want something i can strap up and go racing. i push eversingle lap
Old 11-08-2008, 01:03 PM
Tech Elite

I race once or twice a week and just did the ACS series at the Nitro Pit with my D8 and at the end of weekend there wasnt even a loose bolt. There is a few Kyosho drivers that race local and I have seen issues with the MP9. As for the CL-1 Advanced it is the strongest car out...and there is a new Advanced + so amain has the old Advanced for super cheep.
Old 11-08-2008, 01:07 PM
Tech Regular

I race once or twice a week and just did the ACS series at the Nitro Pit with my D8 and at the end of weekend there wasnt even a loose bolt. There is a few Kyosho drivers that race local and I have seen issues with the MP9. As for the CL-1 Advanced it is the strongest car out...and there is a new Advanced + so amain has the old Advanced for super cheep.

Wow im lucky you took at look at the post do you have more pics of your rides im really torn
Old 11-08-2008, 01:08 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by porkchop
there noting wrong with the d8 or the advance but for me i want something i can strap up and go racing. i push eversingle lap
I hear ya man ... but the mp9 is a 800 dollar kit ... i cant bring myself to do that no matter what... its just to much cash man you know.....
Old 11-08-2008, 01:13 PM
Tech Regular

What im worried about with the D8 the kit looks like alot of plastic... and the rear sus travel look really limited. ... What im worried about the GS racing is the loss of Marty Korn and parts and the the front shocks look to have limited travel even though both kits now sport the big bores.
Old 11-08-2008, 01:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Tcaputo
I hear ya man ... but the mp9 is a 800 dollar kit ... i cant bring myself to do that no matter what... its just to much cash man you know.....
i could not eather but i glad i did
Old 11-08-2008, 01:35 PM
Tech Elite

Default shocks

Both cars have killer shocks I took this picture for you. The Advanced has some of the best shocks in the world. This is where we race and both cars handle it no prob.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pg-FkF4JI-s
Old 11-08-2008, 01:46 PM
Tech Elite

Default picture

picture
Attached Thumbnails Gs Racing cl-1 adv+ Vs Hot Bodies D8-picture-061.jpg   Gs Racing cl-1 adv+ Vs Hot Bodies D8-picture-062.jpg  
Old 11-08-2008, 01:52 PM
Tech Elite

Default front shocks

Both cars have killer shocks I took this picture for you. The Advanced has some of the best shocks in the world. This is where we race and both cars handle it no prob.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pg-FkF4JI-s
cl-1 front shocks and for parts for the GS amain and horizon hobbies will have parts in stock and for the D8 you can get parts any place and the plastic on the D8 is stronger than the carbon on most cars but the GS car just does not break this is the car that won the 12 hour enduro in Spain.
Attached Thumbnails Gs Racing cl-1 adv+ Vs Hot Bodies D8-picture-059.jpg  

Last edited by Marcus Falconie; 11-08-2008 at 05:04 PM.
Old 11-08-2008, 02:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by porkchop
to things i would go with the 6 if i were you mugen know for being tough

and sec the world champ d8 would not be the world champ mr lutz buggy broke or koysho would be the champ
Do you really believe yourself?? Lutz is awesome racer, but he wasn't running in the front of that pack at the worlds. You got the MP9, but that doesn't mean it is the best. Any car on the market could win at any time, just get one an work with it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.