Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fioroni "Vario" 3 Shoe Adjustable Clutch System

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 09:48 AM
Tech Adept

Default Fioroni "Vario" 3 Shoe Adjustable Clutch System

hey guys im looking for a cluth setup along the lines of this setup where changing tensions is faster and easier trackside. anyone used this clutch and if so can you give feedback about setup and shoe differences. currently im running modded v-spec and have a grp 28 on the way.
Attached Thumbnails Fioroni "Vario" 3 Shoe Adjustable Clutch System-fio-ot-fr91.jpg  

Last edited by jamminbce; 11-08-2008 at 09:54 AM. Reason: addition
Old 11-08-2008, 02:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

This is just my opinion but from what I have seen there's a reason people use the standard style clutch setups. Several that I know have attempted to use these expensive so called adjustable clutches and then end up going back to the standard style clutch.
Old 11-08-2008, 03:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by jamminbce
hey guys im looking for a cluth setup along the lines of this setup where changing tensions is faster and easier trackside. anyone used this clutch and if so can you give feedback about setup and shoe differences. currently im running modded v-spec and have a grp 28 on the way.
I've been using this clutch in my 8ight and before in my Hyper 8. I love it, so simple to use. Just pop the collar up and rotate it to adjust engagement. I use 3 ergal shoes and no joke the've lasted like 8 or 9 gallons. Changing shoes again is simple, just pop the collar off and you don't have to deal with the springs being under load.
Old 11-08-2008, 05:20 PM
Tech Addict

I have used the Vario Clutch for about six months. From my experience it works killer with a OS Speed or V-Spec. When I switch to a motor with more bottom end (RB C6 & Extech Eb Mod), the clutch didn't have enough stall. It really bogged down the bottom. Switched to a Jammin Clutch and the problem went away. I didn't just give up on the Vario, I tried everything for months before I switched to the Jammin clutch. I do still use the Vario when I run my Speed. I guess the spring just aren't stiff enough for some motors. This may sound weird to some, but thats what happened to me.
Old 11-08-2008, 05:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

I ran one of these for a while in my RC8, was not horribly impressed, but it was at least on-par with my current M2C setup. A friend of mine uses and swears by the Werks setup, and I can see why. Excellent life, simple adjustability, and well-made to boot. If I decide to replace my clutch/fw setup soon, I would go with the Werks.
Old 11-08-2008, 05:31 PM
Tech Adept

Default clutch

hey so has anyone tried this either

Reckward Tuning Speed 3 Automatic Racing Clutch System
Attached Thumbnails Fioroni "Vario" 3 Shoe Adjustable Clutch System-rmvtu9630.jpg  
Old 11-08-2008, 07:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

I have run the speed 3 i think it is last year and was at first very impressed with the locking of the clutch shoes against the clutch bell, zero slipping, but after a gallon i took apart the clutch and saw that the pins were really worn and the brass piece was really worn.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:42 PM
Tech Rookie

I hope other members would love to share their great photos and memories this site.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SPEEDSKI
I have used the Vario Clutch for about six months. From my experience it works killer with a OS Speed or V-Spec. When I switch to a motor with more bottom end (RB C6 & Extech Eb Mod), the clutch didn't have enough stall. It really bogged down the bottom. Switched to a Jammin Clutch and the problem went away. I didn't just give up on the Vario, I tried everything for months before I switched to the Jammin clutch. I do still use the Vario when I run my Speed. I guess the spring just aren't stiff enough for some motors. This may sound weird to some, but thats what happened to me.
Try this, it should give you all the snap you need:
http://www.fioroni.com/italiano/news.asp?ID=98
Old 10-12-2009, 08:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Originally Posted by garen
Try this, it should give you all the snap you need:
http://www.fioroni.com/italiano/news.asp?ID=98
Hey Garen! Where you been hiding?

Shoot me an email some time. I've started a new venture that I'd like to talk to you about.

Jimmy Wright

[email protected]