Wiki Posts
Search

LRP Vector x12 Brushless Motors

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 08:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayBee
Don't know if this has been covered but can anyone run down what the ACTUAL timing is when it comes to the 1-2-3-4 dot inserts?
I believe it's 30 deg at -10 4dot
+5 deg from there up
Old 11-18-2010, 09:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Thanks brah But I wonder why this information isn't forth coming from LRP as to what the actual endbell timing numbers are. I want to know what degree of timing is associated w/the dots
But are you saying that with the +10* (no dot) = 50* of endbell timing?
Old 11-19-2010, 10:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Thank you everyone for the quick answers.
Old 11-28-2010, 05:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

what timing insert would you reccommend for x12 17.5 no advanced timing speedo. thanx
Old 11-28-2010, 06:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

i am running a Tekin RS running the stock software at our track, we were running open software last season but have gone to the stock software this season.

i was running a tekin 21.5 motor and just picked up an LRP X-12

what is the best on the motor timing 2, 3 or 4 dot? how much difference will they make (if any and which would be the best)

it is a med size med grip track. I was running 20-21 sec laps last week with the stock software and tekin motor

running a 416WE
Old 12-01-2010, 08:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Tonight was the first time I ran the 12.25mm rotor in the 17.5T motor and single cell li-poly (3.7Volts). I really liked it. Straight line speed was excellent. It had more legs than the same motor with the 12.5mm rotor. I am running a 1/12 scale car. It took about three laps to get the tires working, then game on. I was .3 faster than the other cars in the last 4 minutes. That wasn't happening with the larger rotor. Timing shim was set at 4 dot. Motor temp was 138 degrees F. Used 2700 mah from the battery. and the last lap was .3 seconds slower than the fastest.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by davidl
Tonight was the first time I ran the 12.25mm rotor in the 17.5T motor and single cell li-poly (3.7Volts). I really liked it. Straight line speed was excellent. It had more legs than the same motor with the 12.5mm rotor. I am running a 1/12 scale car. It took about three laps to get the tires working, then game on. I was .3 faster than the other cars in the last 4 minutes. That wasn't happening with the larger rotor. Timing shim was set at 4 dot. Motor temp was 138 degrees F. Used 2700 mah from the battery. and the last lap was .3 seconds slower than the fastest.
Had you noticed a severe decrease in performance about the 6 minute mark prior to this? At about 6 minutes, mine feels almost like the battery is dumping. Pull the car off the track and both motor and speedo are only warm. Battery back on charger shows ~ 3.7 volts and takes ~ 2600mah back in.
Old 12-02-2010, 04:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by biz77
Had you noticed a severe decrease in performance about the 6 minute mark prior to this? At about 6 minutes, mine feels almost like the battery is dumping. Pull the car off the track and both motor and speedo are only warm. Battery back on charger shows ~ 3.7 volts and takes ~ 2600mah back in.

Sort of. I know it would slow around .8 seconds per lap with the 12.5mm rotor. I would be in good position, then loose it. I also had some new batteries this particular evening, but the increase in speed and better overall lap times vs the competition is the message I am trying to send. I am the only one using the X-12 in my area. The others are afraid they will not be fast unless they use a Duo or a Ballistic.
Old 12-02-2010, 04:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

correct me if I'm wrong, ROAR rules prohibit any rotor other than the stock or same P# replacement, so while a club level race may not care technically changing to a 12.25 rotor is not 'completely' legal.....sort of like running a 16.5 instead.....again I may be wrong and mean no implication but I think this was also done at the US Champs and since it was ROAR approved motors it would indicate a need for teching the motors

8.8.3.2 For our Members using Tuning Rotors be advised, ROAR Technical Inspection
Team will treat Rotor Inspection as a serious part of race inspection at the nationals
and all of the technical data from the original Motor/Rotor Submissions is cataloged.
The Inspection Team has and will continue to deny the use of non-approved "option"
rotors at ROAR Nationals because they have not been submitted for inspection by the
Manufacturer.

Last edited by miller tyme; 12-02-2010 at 05:04 AM.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by miller tyme
correct me if I'm wrong, ROAR rules prohibit any rotor other than the stock or same P# replacement, so while a club level race may not care technically changing to a 12.25 rotor is not 'completely' legal.....sort of like running a 16.5 instead.....again I may be wrong and mean no implication but I think this was also done at the US Champs and since it was ROAR approved motors it would indicate a need for teching the motors
True, page 50, rule 8.8.3. For it to be legal, it must be submitted with the optional rotor, either at the time of, or for later inclusion. It looks like only Murffdog has submitted stock motors with various rotors....

So those D3s' and X-12s' with 1 cell rotors are not (ROAR) legal.....

Mike Slaughter

Doh! Ninjaed by Kens edit!!!
Old 12-02-2010, 08:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Anyone know what the weight is of a LRP X-12 5.0 Octawind?
Old 12-02-2010, 06:43 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Not sure if anyone can help, just picked up one of these to replace a 3 yr old Trinity Duo 1 in my TC5. Running a controlled VTA Class, no timing ESC, 2s Lipo and limit of FDR to 6.0 or higher. Compared to the Trinity, straight out of the box this thing feels like a slug, doesn't sound like it revs anywhere near as hard, nor have as much straight line speed. Motor is as it was straight out of the box (4 dot insert). I always ran the Trinity on zero timing.

Gearing is 26/78 (FDR 6.0), DX3S Radio and Hobbywing Xerun 60A V2.0 ESC with No Timing Programming installed, 15% Drag Brake and Max Punch Level.

I have also tried identical settings on a Mamba Max Pro to see if it was an ESC issue, but had the same results. The X-12 is a slug compared to the 3 yr old Trinity.

Just find it hard to believe the "latest" motor is significantly slower than a 3 yr old thing that's been thrashed repeatedly but is still ticking.
Old 12-02-2010, 06:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by biz77
+1
At the start of my run i clear a few jumps but then close to the end of a 5-8 min run i have no chance on clearing and have to jump it differently (slower)
Old 12-02-2010, 09:58 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by nexxus
Not sure if anyone can help, just picked up one of these to replace a 3 yr old Trinity Duo 1 in my TC5. Running a controlled VTA Class, no timing ESC, 2s Lipo and limit of FDR to 6.0 or higher. Compared to the Trinity, straight out of the box this thing feels like a slug, doesn't sound like it revs anywhere near as hard, nor have as much straight line speed. Motor is as it was straight out of the box (4 dot insert). I always ran the Trinity on zero timing.

Gearing is 26/78 (FDR 6.0), DX3S Radio and Hobbywing Xerun 60A V2.0 ESC with No Timing Programming installed, 15% Drag Brake and Max Punch Level.

I have also tried identical settings on a Mamba Max Pro to see if it was an ESC issue, but had the same results. The X-12 is a slug compared to the 3 yr old Trinity.

Just find it hard to believe the "latest" motor is significantly slower than a 3 yr old thing that's been thrashed repeatedly but is still ticking.
You have the timing fully retarded with the 4 dot insert so it's common sense that it's not going to rev out, play around with the other timing inserts and you'll get it much quicker.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nexxus

Also, your gearing is way off for a non-boosted 17.5 setup. Most guys at my track run the x12 in the 3.7 to 4.2 range in Stock TC, with the 3 or 2-dot insert.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.