Community
Wiki Posts
Search

About hobao

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 01:12 AM
Tech Initiate

Default About hobao

Hey, i need to known if hobao are a average car i dnt no much about rc cars only been doin it for about 2 months, if there is something betta for the price can you let me now??.

Thanks heaps
Josh
Old 11-04-2008, 01:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The Hyper 8's and 8.5's in my area are very, very nice. They look so....quality. The fit and finish is great in my opion. But I've never seen one of the "local pros" race one before.
Old 11-04-2008, 01:26 AM
Tech Initiate

Okay will do, cheers mate

Josh, P.S.

Do you no anything about drifters?
Old 11-04-2008, 01:38 AM
Tech Champion

Do you mean the 1/10 touring cars that are set up for drifting? Like around a course for style points? Cause I've never had the chance to drive one.
Old 11-04-2008, 01:41 AM
Tech Initiate

Yeah, and the 1/8 scale, im lookin into one nd me and my dad dunno which one is good but not to pricy.. if you find anything out can let me no please?.

Cheers, josh
Old 11-04-2008, 01:46 AM
Tech Champion

I think the Ofna GTP would be good for drifting. I race mine on dirt oval and it's SLIDEWAYS the whole time around the track. Kind of the same thing on asphalt too. Get it up to speed and then start cranking and banking while holding full throttle. It's awesome. Those GTP D.O. cars are cheap too. $180 U.S. I think that's what I paid for mine about 6 months ago.

Never driven an actual 1/10, 1/8 drift car or on-road though. But I think 1/8 drifting would be wild. Here's a link to a couple vids I shot this weekend. By the way, Youtube really downgrades the quality of the videos. It's difficult to read the numbers on the cars on youtube. I'm not sure why the quality sucks so bad on there.

http://www.dirtoval.com/forums/showt...889#post260889
Old 11-04-2008, 01:52 AM
Tech Initiate

yer i have a few mates tht drift with the gp4.. or sumthing its just abit pricy for a new guy but yer ofna seem to b the way to drift atm every down at my local race track drives them nd say they put the hard work out

Josh
Old 11-04-2008, 01:55 AM
Tech Champion

I had to run mine several race days to figure out all the weak spots, and my dislikes. But it's a great car for me now. I'll send you a vid sometime of my GTP on the dirt oval.
Old 11-04-2008, 02:04 AM
Tech Initiate

Ok thanks,

In adelaide SA, where i life the drift life of rc cars is alot bigger than buggies but rc cars are still really well known.

we have the nationals next weekend. should be fun