Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New JR High Voltage servos

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 12:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The HV servos have been working great for us unregulated with the Spektrum DX3R and rx. Another thing we have noticed is the HV servos seem to use less battery unregulated than the 9100S/Ts do regulated.
The price may seem high but when you figure how long they will last and the great customer service at Horizon you should be set for years with these servos.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

i did not know the spektrum could handle that voltage..nice!
this means you can use a 7.4v lipo or even a 7.2 nicd stick battery without a regulator?
Old 11-03-2008, 03:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Wow those things are very expensive.. I bet they are really good, JR makes a good servo.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:06 PM
Tech Master

Christ I really can't believe how little some of you guys know about the servo's and recievers your buying. Buying new recievers and not even noticing one of it's greatest features. The JR servo's have awesome spec's and the spektrum systems along with most newer 2.4ghz systems can handle 7.4v unregulated. If your right about the airtronic's being 6v only I think you bought a dud system and believe they've missed a trick.

Rod
Old 11-03-2008, 04:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Larks
Originally Posted by Lars Johnson
If you run Spektrum, you don't have to worry about that. All Spektrum RX's operate up to 9v or 9.6v input. So, new JR 9100HVT and 9100HVS servo's + Spektrum RX = no mo regulator on your Lipo.
I think those specs enable the spektrum RX to work with high voltage, however, I think without a regulator they would still damage low voltage servos. That is an important distinction to make so someone unfamiliar with circuit design will not make the mistake of connecting a regular servo to their system with a HV source.
Sorry, i should have quoted my response as being to:

Originally Posted by helivaguy
what good are HV servos if you still have to regulate the RX to 6 volts?
Some RX's can't handle above 6V, and most servos now are only rated up to 6V. If your RX or Servos documentation either don't list a rating higher than 6V, or say "you must use a regulator with a 7.4v lipo RX" - then yes, you still need a regulator. When these new JR HV servos become available, and if you're running using any one of the Spektrum systems, you won't need a LiPo regulator in your vehicle any longer. See post #16.