lewis hamilton f1 champ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

lewis hamilton f1 champ

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 03:35 AM
Tech Rookie

Here in Brazil, we were a lot disappointed with that. For 30 seconds or less, Massa was the champion
But I agree with gtrmx. All the mistakes that Ferrari did resulted to that.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:01 AM
Tech Champion

Even if Glock did give the position to LH, it is no worse than Massa's team mate giving him the points he needed in the previous race...

What's good for one is good for another
Old 11-03-2008, 05:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Glock didn't give up his position to LH...he was on slicks during the downpour at the end of the race while everyone else was on intermediates.

Now, force Kimi into retirement, get Vettel in a Ferrari, make him a #2 to Massa for a year or two then let him rip. Give LH some real competition. And I'm a big Kimi fan but Kimi seems to have lost the drive to win and doesn't seem to help development of the chassis. Vettel going to the Red Bull team with Renault power I think is a bad move for him. Yeah I know this won't happen.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigX
Glock didn't give up his position to LH...he was on slicks during the downpour at the end of the race while everyone else was on intermediates.

Now, force Kimi into retirement, get Vettel in a Ferrari, make him a #2 to Massa for a year or two then let him rip. Give LH some real competition. And I'm a big Kimi fan but Kimi seems to have lost the drive to win and doesn't seem to help development of the chassis. Vettel going to the Red Bull team with Renault power I think is a bad move for him. Yeah I know this won't happen.
So True Kimi doesnt have that fire in him anymore
Old 11-03-2008, 05:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

LH has alot of talent......has a big head....has a big mouth.....has a big ego. Glock rolled over....basically moved out of the way. LH had alot of help with the ineptness of Ferrari this year. Next year I don't think people will put up with LH's way of bullying past. Time will tell. Next year new rules....new cars. Get rid of 2 tire rule.....get rid of knockout qualifying.....go back to single fastes lap.....none of that......"hmmm...how much fuel does he have onboard". That's not racing.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I think they should get rid of refueling stops, pit stops should be just for tires. Everyone shuold start on full tanks.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:17 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrodude
I think they should get rid of refueling stops, pit stops should be just for tires. Everyone shuold start on full tanks.
Been done before and it sucked. I remember seeing Keke Rosberg win a race after half the field ran out of gas on the last lap.

Re-fueling is fine it just shouldn't have anything to do with qualifying.
Old 11-04-2008, 06:50 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by SRAD
LH has alot of talent......has a big head....has a big mouth.....has a big ego. Glock rolled over....basically moved out of the way. LH had alot of help with the ineptness of Ferrari this year.
Micheal Schumacher had an ego the size of Germany and it didnt stop him playing dirty tactics either. Every F1 racer has good and bad points.

As for Massa, some things in life are out of your control, (including being told when he can pull away from his pit stop on one occasion when the fuel hose wasnt taken out).

The same with Hamilton being taken out on one race where he had to wait for the rest of the field to go past him before he could rejoin the race.

Massa won the race and had to hope Lewis didnt finish the position he did or better, plenty of if's and but out there... fact remains he still won the WDC and Massa knew before the GP that one thing was already out of his control.

Ferrari had reliability issues, Mclaren had other problems, all part of racing.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:10 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tc3team
Micheal Schumacher had an ego the size of Germany and it didnt stop him playing dirty tactics either. Every F1 racer has good and bad points.

As for Massa, some things in life are out of your control, (including being told when he can pull away from his pit stop on one occasion when the fuel hose wasnt taken out).

The same with Hamilton being taken out on one race where he had to wait for the rest of the field to go past him before he could rejoin the race.

Massa won the race and had to hope Lewis didnt finish the position he did or better, plenty of if's and but out there... fact remains he still won the WDC and Massa knew before the GP that one thing was already out of his control.

Ferrari had reliability issues, Mclaren had other problems, all part of racing.
so true THATS RACING
Old 11-04-2008, 08:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I am always the "silver bullet" fans....Mclaren since day 1...Senna, Prost, Hakkinen.............except, HAMILTON.
It is all about his attitude..........all I can say is "DAMN KID"....
But anyway....good to see that Mclaren team win the Factory Point Series...
Old 11-04-2008, 08:11 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
But anyway....good to see that Mclaren team win the Factory Point Series...
No they didn't. Ferrari won the Constructors Championship.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wingracer
No they didn't. Ferrari won the Constructors Championship.
Oh snap.....then I am very disappointed now (I have not follow F1 since Mika retired...)...
Old 11-05-2008, 04:27 PM
Tech Adept

Best season ever! They shold all come down to the wire like this. Nothing worse than having another Rossi sweep the whole deal with 4 races left. Not that this is MotoGp or anything.
Old 11-05-2008, 06:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The FIA took a win (Begian Grand Prix) from louis Hamilton. LH won that race fair and square. It should of never came down to the last race.
http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns20740.html

Louis did not get the race handed to him he earned and deserves the championship.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hamilton is a great racer an deserved to become world champion...........

although he missed the title last year because he and only himself was ridicolously weak under pressure............

and for our surprise he drove a mediocre race this year again to defend the 1st place of the season and just achieved that because of Timo Glock's 18s slower lap............

ok about the problems of Glock with 1 single pitstop, so his tires were worn out and he drove under heavy rain on that last lap............although 4 laps earlier Hamilton was overtaken by Vettel and come on guys, he did NOTHING.........he was about to lose the title and did nothing...........

Anyway, compliments to Hamilton, better luck for Massa next time............

and I hope to see Alonso with a good car for 2009..........I said good, because with a good car he can beat everyone with EXCELENT car as he is the most talented of F1.........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.