XRAY T2’009

Old 01-21-2009, 07:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Does anyone know an online store that has the 009 rubber version in stock ?
Old 01-21-2009, 08:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JasonC
Jason C- http://www.rcxray.com/t2-009/
Old 01-21-2009, 09:59 AM
GK
Suspended

Originally Posted by JasonC
http://ashfordhobby.com/SearchResult...eyWords=300013
Old 01-21-2009, 10:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RugRunner
Guys....Noobie....Here whats the difference between uptravel and droop? and how is it I read about guys setting there droop above ride height? does that mean if my ride hieght is 5 my droop is 6.5 if my droop is 1.5....Does that mean I use droop blocks and set my arm at hub on my droop guage and it should be at the 6.5 mark? I am alittle confused......What is a good amount of droop? Also if my car is loose or lifting a tire in fast corners can droop fix this? any help is appericiated.....By the way I have a setup book on order...
More droop = a lower value on a droop guage;

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ing-droop.html

I've never heard the phrase 'uptravel' used, only droop and downstops.
As mentioned droop does not effect ride height, but ride height will effect droop.

Skiddins
Old 01-23-2009, 02:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Do you guys think the US upper deck pieces and the posts is enough stiffness to run the EU chassis in 17.5 foam?

Christopher
Old 01-23-2009, 03:40 PM
The Evicerator

I haven't tried it myself I believe people have noted that the EU chassis and the US chassis are slightly different in that the motor mount position is further forward on the US chassis than on the EU chassis... ?

This would mean that trying to mix and match chassis and upper decks will be difficult...

Originally Posted by ChristopherKee
Do you guys think the US upper deck pieces and the posts is enough stiffness to run the EU chassis in 17.5 foam?

Christopher
Old 01-23-2009, 04:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Steve Weiss
I haven't tried it myself I believe people have noted that the EU chassis and the US chassis are slightly different in that the motor mount position is further forward on the US chassis than on the EU chassis... ?

This would mean that trying to mix and match chassis and upper decks will be difficult...
Chassis and top decks don't match up for sure. The us spec chassis has a longer wheel base.. and also motor position is different...notice if you look at the gap in the rear bulkheads on the us car the gap is bigger than the EU..

Cheers..
Old 01-23-2009, 04:45 PM
Suspended

If it is the 009 they are the both interchangeable.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default EU rear traction issues

Having problems with rear traction (rubber tire on carpet). Springs, roll centers, sway bars, damping all seem to make only a moderate difference in rear grip. My 009 is certainly lose in the rear compared to my 008 with identicl setups and they're nearly the same except battery position. I know I'm not the only one struggling with this so ....whats everyone doing to gain rear traction?
Old 01-24-2009, 06:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pcar951
Having problems with rear traction (rubber tire on carpet). Springs, roll centers, sway bars, damping all seem to make only a moderate difference in rear grip. My 009 is certainly lose in the rear compared to my 008 with identicl setups and they're nearly the same except battery position. I know I'm not the only one struggling with this so ....whats everyone doing to gain rear traction?
Post your set-up, I may be able to get you in the right direction. When I went from the 008 to the 009 on the identical set-up the car felt pretty dialed but like you say a little more steering it seemed. I went down on the rear bar(1.1) added .5 more rear toe(2.5) and went up to 1.5mm from 1mm on the rear hub shim and that seemed to work well.

You could also try making the rear link as long as possible, lengthen the wheelbase and even run 1 degree rear hubs and put the rest of your tow in with the shims. Also running the -.75 wheel hexes(in the rear) will make the car norrower in the rear gaining grip as well. Play with acerman too, this can be a big change sometimes. disconnect the rear bar ect., all of these help make the car more stable in the rear.

Hope I helped that was a lot haha!
Old 01-24-2009, 08:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Last night at our club race I; - lengthened and raised the rear outer link, reduced rear sway bar size in 3 steps, reduced rear droop by .4, increased and then decreased ackerman by 2 clicks, reduced rear springs to 2.4 and then layed shocks down 1 hole, decreased rear damping, increased front damping (not all at once of course), really got nowhere....so I went back to my original setup with NO rear sway bar and the car was acceptable.

Lowering the rear roll center made the car feel lazy as did reducing the rear bar. Ackerman seems to change the way steering is applied but does'nt change the amount of steering. I didn't try reducing the rear track width or increasing the front... good point, I'll try it.

I'd also like to be able to introduce more chassis flex, maybe the asphalt upper deck?
Old 01-24-2009, 08:28 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by pcar951
I have the same problem hopefully someone can give me some tips I run on medium to low grip carpet rubba tire here is my set up thanks:

FRNT:
.5 toe out
4 degrees castor
high roll center
1.3 sway
3 holes in upper shock mount
30wt oil
2.6 springs
1.5 camber
1mm shim at c hub
lower bottom inside camber link mount
akermen 2 and outside at steering block
1.5 mm droop
oneway
5.5 ride height

REAR:
2.0 toe
shocks layed down
2.4 springs
30 wt oil
2.0 degrees camber
roll center standard
5mm ride height
1mm droop
1mm shim at upright
lower inside link mnt

**I run VTA so right off the tires dont have the grip that regular rubber's do
any help as always would be greatly appreciated...
Old 01-24-2009, 11:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I feel your pain Jim. I have 2 days of testing scheduled this weekend just to work on this. If I find something I'll let you know.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What is your set-up on the front of the car? What tire? What body? Is the car loose on entry/exit? Here is a link to my set-up updated as of Wednesday.

http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...3&setup=t2_008
Old 01-24-2009, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default car

droop?,sause full frt?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.