Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Talkin' with Josh Cyrul

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2004, 08:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The closest tracks to you will be the Riders track in Livonia, Larrys in Sterling Heights, and Hobby Stop West Raceway in Toledo...
Old 01-03-2004, 09:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Greg Anthony
The closest tracks to you will be the Riders track in Livonia, Larrys in Sterling Heights, and Hobby Stop West Raceway in Toledo...
Yeah, I know the tracks around me...I was just wondering if Josh goes to any of those. I have ran at Riders (most often), and larrys.

-etzkev
Old 01-04-2004, 12:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Pace - #3 will have less traction than say a #2 pistion. When the shock initially tries to move it will be stiffer (even when lighter oil is used to compensate for the smaller pistion hole) making a car that will have less bite and possibly be worse over bumps. In some cases it is better (on very high traction or on very smooth tracks).

TRF414WCR - I don't know how many shims there were in my Trinity car... I took my IRS axle out and put it in my car to test with so I can't help you there. I just measured from the notch in the rear pod to the edges of the tires to make sure it was up to the 6.75 but also centered properly. Our 1/12 car will be in hobby shops as well as through Shop-A-Tron on our web site (should be set-up in the next few weeks!!!).

SalvadoriRacing - I would think you could run the 8x2 and it should run well. I would use Fantom's K (I think it's the Kryptonite type) with the large comm, 4 mag can and laydown brushes. These have been really good in TC this year!! I would use Fantom's serated lay down brushes (I don't know the part # - check their web site for my motor set-up from the Halloween Race)...

scarecrow - I do??

trackdesigner - Ok and thanks!!

etzkev - Usually I go down to Toledo. Larry's and Hobby Hub (Lansing) every so often....
Old 01-04-2004, 12:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Novak Race

Josh,
When are you getting into town for the race at Scotty's?
Old 01-04-2004, 12:49 AM
Tech Adept

Well. I sent it to your web site.

Anyway, If you can find my 1/12 bring it to the birds. If you can't I'll take it Cyrul style in a oval set-up. Hahahaha.

Seeya soon

Kenny
Old 01-04-2004, 04:36 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Josh i resended the mail again, did you recieved it???
Old 01-04-2004, 07:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

etzkev - Usually I go down to Toledo. Larry's and Hobby Hub (Lansing) every so often....
Oh, Ok...I figured you go to Larrys. I have been there many of times. Its a pretty nice place!

-etzkev
Old 01-04-2004, 02:06 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey Josh, are you going to able to make it for our Snowbirds warm-up Jan 16-17th??

Nick
Old 01-04-2004, 03:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

thanx for answering my last question.....

about batteries....what do you recommend for charging/discharging and care????
let me know how the champions do....
Old 01-04-2004, 03:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hoosierdaddy - I will probably arrive late Tuesday night....

scarecrow - lol... I'll check the other e-mail. I haven't been able to get into it. I'll see what I can do about the oval ride!! 1/12 or 1/10

TRF_SPAIN - I think so. I will reply tommorow morning when I finish straightening out all of my paper work!! It's been a crazy past few weeks.

etzkev - Larry's is a nice place. Just a lot of my friends from racing are in the Toledo track so I like going there to hang with them and race.

NTwigs - I would like to. I also need to talk to you but for some reason I can't get through on all of the #'s that I've been trying to reach you at. Please call me.
Old 01-04-2004, 05:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Unhappy

hey josh....

you didn't see my post.....
Old 01-04-2004, 07:58 PM
Tech Master

Josh....

Fantom K Series 8x2 (part #FAN44082)
Fantom 321-S Brushes (part #FAN52322)
Fantom 313 X-Heavy Purple Springs (part #FAN51313)

The part numbers at the end is the new 5 digit part numbers we are switching everything too. I am not sure if the website is updated with that yet, i didn't look.

Jeff
Old 01-04-2004, 08:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Jeff Brown- Been a longtime fan of Fantom Motors and wanted to ask you about the new round brush tech that Orion/Peak has put out...it has caused a big stirr at my home track and wanted to see it Fantom plans on building a version of the Round Brush motors...

Thanks!

Jeff
Old 01-04-2004, 09:15 PM
Tech Master

Default Servo

Hey Josh, and everyone else for that matter. Im wondering if ya think I will notice a difference with running a digital servo versus a high speed high torque standard servo? Im just a rookie and am wondering if the digital has that many benifits to running it over the non digital. Thanks.

BTW IM still patiently waiting for a chance to get my hands on a 12th scale from ya. But my patience is getting low. All I can think about is 12th scale mod.
Old 01-04-2004, 09:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Holy crap!

how long did people hear about new cars from other manufacturers before they actually hit...

Josh was still with Trinity and there was no forthcoming release of the CEFX C12 a couple months ago and it's soon to ship?!?!

I'd say the product development and release cycle is pretty darn speedy....

take a deep breath the C12 will be available before you know it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.