Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Talkin' with Josh Cyrul

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2003, 07:11 PM
Tech Master

Josh,

quick question, for foam tires what do you recomend? I was earlier this year running pliad/purple but when buying a new set got a box with pliads in the purple box. that total messed me up now im running pliads(front,rear) with good sucsess and might try cyan/magenta? and also what would u suggest for a mod set-up for a first time mod driver??
Old 10-08-2003, 07:49 PM
Tech Master

HeY!!!

WoW man you got lots of people asking for help now, but i'm sure ya don't mind. i also have another question to ask. Do you run like any losi parts on your TC3 and if so what parts and why??? Thanx for all the help.
Old 10-08-2003, 08:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by JoshR 85
HeY!!!

trackside what are you gonna run rubber or foam that will help Josh out what to tell yo for setup.
and for future reference its trackdesigner (or TD), I'll take both frankly (although I'll probably do rubber more often)
Old 10-09-2003, 11:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Barry - lol... I don't even know yet... I guess we will all just have to wait and see... ....

kt tracing - One thing that I have found that helps - I take the top half of the transmission case off and I drill 2 holes (that a 4-40 set screw will go in) right where the bearings are. I put the set-screws in, de-bur everything so the bearings aren't bound up and then re-install the top trans case. Then you can adjust the set screws to keep the bearings in place - This helps the bearings from having slop and allowing the gears to jump teeth!!

Manfredo - I tried the R block in place of the F one time - The car lost a ton of steering so I haven't tried it again. I think it's because of the arm angle that you loose the traction. Actually, if you use the R block then the wheel base becomes shorter...

Willis - Pong!?!? Your on!!

Thanks Vera!!

JoshR85 - It depends on what my car is doing really, usually I don't like making my car a lot stiffer - I prefer to work more with camber links, roll bars. When you make the car too stiff then you will start to have trouble with traction rolling.... Just continue to do what you are comfotable with and what has worked for you!!
Old 10-09-2003, 11:31 AM
Tech Master

Bubblestc3 - If you put the front a-arms on the opposite way (shock mounting holes facing the rear) they are actually really close to the same wheel base as the short setting on the standard a-arms. The F block in place of the R was used more for adjusting the rear toe rather than the wheel base. I wanted less in-board toe - tends to free the car up in the corners. I prefer to run some toe in the outside hubs instead of all the toe in the suspension mounts.....

trackdesigner71 - I would go to AE's site. On rubber tires we almost always run a pretty standard set-up - Only minor changes from race to race. Check out Barry's Reedy race set-ups or the ROAR Nats set-ups...

promatchrcr - I dunno, I'm pretty busy at the moment but I hope to make it down there sometime soon!!!

lazyboy - I like to run Cyan fronts with Tan rears. I believe Jaco is making an Orange/Double Pink front and a Double Pink Rear that are similar.
Old 10-09-2003, 11:38 AM
Tech Master

JoshR85 - I run a few Losi parts. I like the rear hubs, they are usually drilled straight and they have the extra holes so I can adjust the rear camber links more. I run Losi castor blocks - I think they flex less and are much stronger. Sometimes I run Losi steering spindles - that's a track to track adjustment depending on the steering feel and responce I'm looking for. I also have run a Losi rear shock tower. This was to get the extra 1-2 holes of extra shock position to play with....
Old 10-09-2003, 11:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thanks, I see your from Michigan. My HS Principal is from there. I wish I could remember where though
Old 10-09-2003, 12:00 PM
Tech Elite

Josh: Are you comin' to the Halloween Classic?
Old 10-09-2003, 12:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Josh
thanks for the ideal. is that something normal with the gears on the spool?
Old 10-09-2003, 12:02 PM
Tech Regular

Josh ,
Welcome home , you should come out and run the CRL this sunday , Stamper and me would love to see ya wup up on Dave , Aaron, Chuck , and Walt . ( and all the other fast guys ) LOL

Bob
Old 10-09-2003, 01:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Here comes trouble
Old 10-09-2003, 03:30 PM
Tech Master

josh,

thanks again for the help, ill have to try those out soon.
Old 10-09-2003, 03:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

ok josh, thanks for the info
Old 10-09-2003, 06:04 PM
Tech Adept

Default sorry dont mean to pick ur brains.

hey sorry to bother u but i tried the rear losi hubs and they slid back and forth did u put another spacer in there?thanks for the help
Old 10-09-2003, 06:27 PM
Tech Elite

Josh it looked like your oneway bearing on 1st gear let go on the G4? You were looking darned quick before this happened.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.