Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Like Tree2840Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Old 05-10-2013, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cadman1981
Anyone?
Yes,
They were the spec tire for the UF1 Midwest series as well as last years IIC Race in Vegas. They are not as fast as the Pits, but the wear is decent and you can't beat the price. I am actually the US distributor for Pardus. We are working on some things to improve the tires for carpet, they actually work pretty well outdoors from what I heard
Old 05-10-2013, 05:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cadman1981
Anyone?
They work well with a smooth balanced feeling on both carpet and asphalt. They have a little less grip than the TCS/shimuza tires resulting in slower lap times.
Old 05-10-2013, 05:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

nevermind
Old 05-10-2013, 06:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Box-o-rubber-tars...

Now if only I can mount and run them all at once, my junk would stick to the ceiling!
Attached Thumbnails 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-f1-tars.jpg  
Old 05-10-2013, 10:41 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rtypec
Box-o-rubber-tars...

Now if only I can mount and run them all at once, my junk would stick to the ceiling!
So you test tires too?

We'll see if it pays off (again) tomorrow, it's gonna be epic! (again).
Old 05-11-2013, 06:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mtveten
They work well with a smooth balanced feeling on both carpet and asphalt. They have a little less grip than the TCS/shimuza tires resulting in slower lap times.
We are working on this, they are typically 3-4 10ths slower than the Pits, but as a spec tire it doesn't matter because everyone is running the same tire
Old 05-11-2013, 06:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
Considering i just took those pics last night as we were talking about it yes! You can clearly see that those tires are not the same and you can clearly see that the compound was absorbed by the TCS tires while the Pits were not. I dont really see how you can argue with that.....but of course you will

Now i will admit that the new sets seem to be a lot closer but they have not been run yet so there is a chance that NOW they are all the same.
Looking at those pictures... how have both the old sets been treated? Have they been used in the same way, on the same surface, had the same number of runs? Yes, they look different, but if any of those above factors is not the same, then I'm sorry, but saying the compound is different would certainly not be my first assumption...
Will be interested to see the feedback after you've run the new sets, having treated them the same way... as any good scientific experiment should be conducted
Old 05-11-2013, 07:04 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks guys for the input, i'll be trying them on the 19th,
Old 05-11-2013, 12:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

If you are 1 lap slower what are you going to do? Keep using them?
Old 05-11-2013, 10:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by TryHard
Looking at those pictures... how have both the old sets been treated? Have they been used in the same way, on the same surface, had the same number of runs? Yes, they look different, but if any of those above factors is not the same, then I'm sorry, but saying the compound is different would certainly not be my first assumption...
Will be interested to see the feedback after you've run the new sets, having treated them the same way... as any good scientific experiment should be conducted

All of my tires are treated the exact same way cleaned the same way and stored the same way. They are all balanced on a propeller balancer.I am very anal about my tires. Every set of my TCS tires look exactly the same with the exception of the new sets which i have not run yet. I only use certain tires on certain tracks even if its the same compound and i only use this particular combo at Mikes. My containers are dated and Clay and i use a laptop for test results, with track temp, humidity and ambient air. Explain to me how you can MAKE a set of tires absorb compound and explain to me how ALL of the 571's look the same. The bottom 571 tire on that pic is actually older than the TCS in that pic. LOOK AT THE PIC!!! even without the compound line they dont even look the same, all 571'''s have a glaze to them while all the TCS are grainy.
This is not my first rodeo, I didnt wake up to try and pull a fast one on you guys, it is what it is. Saying that Me clay and JAyl (who i dont even know) are all making this up just for kicks just makes no sense!! How about proving otherwise and test for yourself? It has rained for the last two day so i will not be able to test but our first UF1 race is next sunday so i will have feedback on the latest tires, maybe now they actually are the same but out of the 4 pair of 571's and 3 pair of TCS that i currently have they are not the same and the TCS do not work as well on hot tracks.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
All of my tires are treated the exact same way cleaned the same way and stored the same way. They are all balanced on a propeller balancer.I am very anal about my tires. Every set of my TCS tires look exactly the same with the exception of the new sets which i have not run yet. I only use certain tires on certain tracks even if its the same compound and i only use this particular combo at Mikes. My containers are dated and Clay and i use a laptop for test results, with track temp, humidity and ambient air. Explain to me how you can MAKE a set of tires absorb compound and explain to me how ALL of the 571's look the same. The bottom 571 tire on that pic is actually older than the TCS in that pic. LOOK AT THE PIC!!! even without the compound line they dont even look the same, all 571'''s have a glaze to them while all the TCS are grainy.
This is not my first rodeo, I didnt wake up to try and pull a fast one on you guys, it is what it is. Saying that Me clay and JAyl (who i dont even know) are all making this up just for kicks just makes no sense!! How about proving otherwise and test for yourself? It has rained for the last two day so i will not be able to test but our first UF1 race is next sunday so i will have feedback on the latest tires, maybe now they actually are the same but out of the 4 pair of 571's and 3 pair of TCS that i currently have they are not the same and the TCS do not work as well on hot tracks.
Now you have explained your test procedures, I'm happy to accept that there is a difference. I'm not blind, and can see for myself (hell it's not my first rodeo either), but no where before did you explain exactly what you had run/treated the tires like, so excuse me for asking more questions to better understand the situation. That's the engineer in me, and I make no apologies for it!

Oh and FYI... the rears are 572, not 571...

Still interested to see the feedback on the new sets however.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:59 AM
Tech Champion

Doh! Missed it by that much.
Lots of rodeos in Texas so how bout a Mulligan on this one.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Now you have explained your test procedures, I'm happy to accept that there is a difference. I'm not blind, and can see for myself (hell it's not my first rodeo either), but no where before did you explain exactly what you had run/treated the tires like, so excuse me for asking more questions to better understand the situation. That's the engineer in me, and I make no apologies for it!

Still interested to see the feedback on the new sets however.
Engineer and CNC machinist here(30 years!!), we have the same mindset!Dont take what i said personally I actually didnt mean that to be directed to anyone in particular. No apology needed!

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
Doh! Missed it by that much.
Lots of rodeos in Texas so how bout a Mulligan on this one.
My bad, I am pretty sure we all assumed i was talking about the rears
I probably mounted and balanced 10 sets of wheels and tires this week for other people so I have been writing 571/572 on lots of wheels!
Old 05-12-2013, 10:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

<sniff> reminds me of Sadat and Begin and the whole Detente thing <sniff>
:'-)
Old 05-12-2013, 11:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I am new to F1 I have a problem mounting and gluing my tires on. I think I used the wrong rims I used a Tamiya rubber tire rim, I ground down the outer lip but it didn't fit on the rim to my satisifaction! and I'm having a fit and bonding problem.
Question what rim do I use for pitshimizu tires and what glue to bond it to the tires? I have had a problem of the tire un gluing in spots during the race.
What kind of balancer do you use and weights for the wheels?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.