Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Like Tree2848Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Old 04-30-2012, 06:02 PM
tmr
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by PDR
This one hasn't had an outing for a little while, but with a growing field at our local track, maybe it's time to get it out

PS: Would love to know where I could a 1/10 SLS body...
There is a Mercedes SLS Body made by Blade Racing. saw it on banzaihobby.com. sry, can't post a link jet, the url is banzaihobby.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=18_314_555& products_id=10550
Old 04-30-2012, 06:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Nice !

http://banzaihobby.com/index.php?mai...ducts_id=10550
Old 04-30-2012, 06:36 PM
tmr
Tech Rookie

thanks
Old 04-30-2012, 06:39 PM
PDR
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tmr
There is a Mercedes SLS Body made by Blade Racing. saw it on banzaihobby.com. sry, can't post a link jet, the url is banzaihobby.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=18_314_555& products_id=10550
Thanks! Just popped in an order - hope they've got stock
Old 05-01-2012, 06:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Here's a video of the F1 A-Main Race at my LHS last Sunday... http://youtu.be/Kv59AoMiyGk
It was a great show! F1's are fun to watch.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
I could seriously see a safety car on a huge outdoor track like Leisure. Even setting pace for a roll off lap would be unique.
Our regular F1 club race in Camarillo this dude Don brings out a safety / pace car ... we line up in position with safety / pace car in front and then we do one slow lap around... some folks rocking the wheels back and forth then line up back in position... it is pretty cool to watch...
Old 05-01-2012, 07:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lightfoot
Our regular F1 club race in Camarillo this dude Don brings out a safety / pace car ... we line up in position with safety / pace car in front and then we do one slow lap around... some folks rocking the wheels back and forth then line up back in position... it is pretty cool to watch...
If anyone gets a chance, I'd like to see a video of that next time he does it for you! It may sound funny, but driving that controlled low speed formation lap is a lot harder than racing for some people. When I was racing VTA, we did rolling starts for the main and some would drop way back, where others were unintentionally hacking other drivers. They simply couldn't handle that kind of throttle control. Maybe a rev limiter button would work.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

If anyone gets a chance, I'd like to see a video of that next time he does it for you! It may sound funny, but driving that controlled low speed formation lap is a lot harder than racing for some people. When I was racing VTA, we did rolling starts for the main and some would drop way back, where others were unintentionally hacking other drivers. They simply couldn't handle that kind of throttle control. Maybe a rev limiter button would work.
I'd like to see people use a third channel to introduce a rev limiter and blinking limiter light just like the rear of real F1's. Or maybe even just a 3rd channel to turn the limiter light on/off would be cool.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If anyone gets a chance, I'd like to see a video of that next time he does it for you! It may sound funny, but driving that controlled low speed formation lap is a lot harder than racing for some people.
it's true, car control at slow speed is a challenge for many... The announcer has to constantly remind us for the entire lap to not hit the car ahead of you... I will try to remember to have someone take video next time... a couple years ago we also tried yellow flag with a safety car that would come out during the middle of the race, all cars slow down and line up behind the leader... talk about a clutter F*%^#... I still think it would be cool to do... maybe we need to start a F1 driving school to get your super license...
Old 05-01-2012, 09:35 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by lightfoot
it's true, car control at slow speed is a challenge for many... The announcer has to constantly remind us for the entire lap to not hit the car ahead of you... I will try to remember to have someone take video next time... a couple years ago we also tried yellow flag with a safety car that would come out during the middle of the race, all cars slow down and line up behind the leader... talk about a clutter F*%^#... I still think it would be cool to do... maybe we need to start a F1 driving school to get your super license...
Great I can't drive my f1 as is. Now I have a license test to fail too.

We are going to try rolling starts. F1 is small at our track with a max of five cars showing up. All of the drivers are pretty good so it might work out. I guess we have a rare class since our f1 guys are more concerned with being clean than winning. I think we only need corner marshals 2 or 3 times a race. Makes is more fun. Best part is the f1 guys also run usgt so that class is very clean too.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Found the video I mentioned earlier.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Need to add one of these on the Safety Car.

Old 05-01-2012, 06:13 PM
PDR
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Some pics from last night's meet. I broke mine in practice, so I dusted off the pace car, which can be seen in the background. I mounted the roof-top camera, but forgot to put the memory card in properly. Doh!

http://www.rctech.net/forum/10678784-post23100.html

Someone rocked up with a freshly built F104W GP and proceeded to give a driving lesson
Old 05-02-2012, 12:53 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 6376vette
I guess we have a rare class since our f1 guys are more concerned with being clean than winning. I think we only need corner marshals 2 or 3 times a race. Makes is more fun.

+1

i get the 'racing the clock,wanna go superfast thing'. but lapping with others that hold clean,respectfull driving in high regard is refreshing and very enjoyable. it may not be harryhardcore racing as such but it is skillful in its own right and quite often is great for spectating i am lucky to get to drive with a group of enthusists who also 'believe' its hella good fun with some epic battles(and epic failures to)
Old 05-02-2012, 04:57 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by CR0SS
I thought I remember seeing a video here that had a safety car doing a warm up laps with the cars. The announcer even mentioned the cars going back and forth to simulate warming the tires.
Not sure how much of it is simulating . When running foams with traction compound, you typically want to do a lap or to get rid of the excess compound ...and that's with a 'no skid marks' policy in place, so tyres are rubbed down before the cars are put on the track.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.