Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2895Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 06:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Default Roche Rapide

Hi Everyone - does anyone have an experience with the Roche Rapid f103/f104 conversion? I'd love to hear pluses/minuses.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:23 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by NiMo
All cars ran 27T Stock motors, the pink 36º ones before the rebuildable versions.
We used a GM Purple Bull as the standard motor at the time, nats was a 16 turn Orion handout (sealed) modified, iirc.

One track was a flowing 1/10th Nitro track with 150ft main straight, where Tamiya's were faster but was no match for Corally's through the bends. Another was a tight twisty 1/10 EP Touring track, where Tamiya cars were being lapped by Corally's (I borrowed one for a race and went 2 laps faster than my best with a F103)Third was an indoor track, where non corally cars were mobile chicanes.
This complete difference in experience from my own is interesting. For me, I'm talking late 90s, early 00. All cars ran foams (odourless traction compound was permitted), but the more exotic compounds were already rare. Perhaps that's where this difference came from... in our races, the difference was far smaller than the difference between drivers.We had finals with the top 6 cars being within 2 seconds of each other.

Only time Corally cars had a match was when placed against Pro10 cars (235mm pan cars)
Funnily enough, my experience is that, all things being equal, the Pro10 would run circles around the Corally F1, due to the boatloads of downforce.

Originally Posted by ixlr8nz
Gidday Peter,
Kevin Ferwer usually races a Corally but didn't this meeting as he didn't have a spare spur gear (does the corally need a corally spur or can it use any brand like kimbrough, kawada etc?).
Any standard spur gear. We used Kimbroughs a lot, as they were a lot better than the Corally ones.

As it stands, I might actually go for a F109 this season, as 6-odd years of gathering dust haven't been kind on the Corally.

Last edited by ijdod; 02-14-2012 at 09:52 AM.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:48 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ijdod
This complete difference in experience from my own is interesting. For me, I'm talking late 90s, early 00.
I'm talking earlier than that, 92 - 97, by 98 the class had died.
We've had to wait 13yrs before the class had a few gutsy racers who were strong enough to get the class going again.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:31 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by NiMo
I'm talking earlier than that, 92 - 97, by 98 the class had died.
We've had to wait 13yrs before the class had a few gutsy racers who were strong enough to get the class going again.
Those few years could very well have been the difference, either through improvements in the F103 side or lack of exotic tires on the Corally side; essentially eliminating the tire wars by lack of supply. Price was less of an issue at the time, if you bought them in Germany (Funny that German shop prices were lower than Dutch wholesale prices... and Corally is a Dutch company. To this day, I do a lot of RC shopping across the border), the Corally was similar in price to a F103 with the required hop-ups.

Had a quick look at the trophies, last nationals here for F1 was 2004, I think we ran F1 at local level in 2005 before it died out. People switched to TC, which gave us cleaner hands, an easier drive, and not having to tweak ride height and roll-out after each run. :P
Old 02-15-2012, 03:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default ESC choice

What are some good options for brushless esc's? I was thinking of a Novak Mongoose, anything out there similar in size and price?
Old 02-15-2012, 06:06 PM
Tech Champion

Tekin RS
Old 02-15-2012, 06:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BadSign
What are some good options for brushless esc's? I was thinking of a Novak Mongoose, anything out there similar in size and price?
The Novak Edge is the same case, but made for 1/10 cars. Should be sub $100 price range.
Old 02-16-2012, 03:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default UF1 Series

The final race of the 2012 UF1 Winter series this Saturday at TQ in Chino California...
Doors open at 10AM
Qualifying starts at noon...
Free UF1 Shirt when you register, quantity and sizes are limited, first come first serve... two styles available....

http://uf1series.com/
Old 02-18-2012, 09:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Smile

2012 Ultimate F1 Winter Series Final Race at TQ RC RACING.

We had strong turnouts from the beginning to the end.

We had full A,B,C,D and E Main today. F1 class is strong and growing fast at Socal.

Click Here for more pictures., Click here for the results, UF1 Series Homepage

Last edited by spring71; 02-18-2012 at 09:43 PM.
Old 02-18-2012, 09:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The best part about those pics to me is the fact that some people have their own paint scheme rather than being forced to run a prototypical paint scheme. It's nice when you don't have a half dozen of the same looking cars running at the same time.
Old 02-18-2012, 10:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I dream of a turnout like that.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fatboysracing
anybody build an f60 or mclaren body and not use their mirrors have any for sale? pm if you do please
Wow, I need to ask the same thing. I need 2 sets of mirrors from the McClaren or F60 or F104 body if anyone has any for sale. Or can point me to a parts tree somewhere? BPshadow? I need the mirrors, the oring and if you can the small body clip.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fredswain
The best part about those pics to me is the fact that some people have their own paint scheme rather than being forced to run a prototypical paint scheme. It's nice when you don't have a half dozen of the same looking cars running at the same time.
I completely disagree with that, We run only F1 colors and have for years. There are tons of cars out there that can be painted up ae reall F1 cars. We all what everybody will be running and what body they are making next. Its one of the many things we talk about besides set up and real F1.
But a very nice large crowd.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:06 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by bakaguyjean
I completely disagree with that, We run only F1 colors and have for years. There are tons of cars out there that can be painted up ae reall F1 cars. We all what everybody will be running and what body they are making next. Its one of the many things we talk about besides set up and real F1.
But a very nice large crowd.

We used to have a rule partway in between that. We allowed paint schemes that were not F1 so long as they looked like they could be in F1. For example I took the old Canon Porsche scheme and adapted it to F1 and it came out looking great! Things were fairly open to interpretation but it did help to keep the wild schemes away that didn't look right in a field of F1 cars.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

I agree my local Houston F1 racer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.