Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen 235mm ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2003, 12:13 AM
Tech Adept

Default Mugen 235mm ?

Anyone know if Mugen are looking to produce a 235mm car similar to the MRX3 / MTX3
235mm ( 4 wd ) is quite popular here in the UK but it's a one make series at the moment ( Serpent )
I have run the MTX3 for a few months now and it is well supported in my local area but I want to move in to 235mm.
Old 09-24-2003, 12:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Mugen 235mm ?

Originally posted by Bob The Builder
Anyone know if Mugen are looking to produce a 235mm car similar to the MRX3 / MTX3
235mm ( 4 wd ) is quite popular here in the UK but it's a one make series at the moment ( Serpent )
I have run the MTX3 for a few months now and it is well supported in my local area but I want to move in to 235mm.
Mugen have a 235mm car though it hasn't been updated in quite some time.

It's the K2-X Advance

http://www.mugenseiki.com/spec-e01.htm

It would be nice to see both Mugen and Kyosho come out with a new car for the 2004 World titles to give drivers in 235mm a choice of manufacturers.

Cheers Alastair
Old 09-24-2003, 01:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Lightbulb Re: Mugen 235mm ?

Originally posted by Bob The Builder
Bob and Quozl,

I know that at one point, Mugen was working on an Updated
Mugen Avance which was suppose to be out the same time
the MTX-3 came into the market. But because of the hype and
popularity the MTX3 made, the plans on the Avance was kinda
left in the shadow of things.

I second, that it sure would be nice if Mugen continuos this
plan for the 235 MM class...

Currently, I still am using the Avance and its still not a bad car.
It still hangs with the 835s and others.... Parts are still available,
though it needs to be ordered, more often than not. Its not the
"Walk in a Hobby Shop and its readily available" type of thing..
I really like the way this car handles... Hopefully, more and more
people would start running this class again here in the U.S..
Old 09-24-2003, 02:41 PM
Tech Master

Maybe the fact that IFMAR has finally recognized the 1/10 IC 235mm 4WD cars as an "official" class, it will take off. The big problem right now is that ROAR currently only has "Outlaw" rules for this class, which is not good, in my opinion (some .15 Outlaw motors cost more than some .21's ). I say, save the exotic motors for World Championships. Hopefully, ROAR will enact engine rules for this class, and it will get more popular.
Old 09-24-2003, 05:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Here in Australia it's still fairly easy to get parts for the Avance through the local dealer at our track though I still race the 835.

Nationally AARCMCC (The Australian Association) changed 235mm to 4wd just before IFMAR made the announcement that the next 235mm titles would be 4wd only. We still use IFMAR legal motors but we run the cars with Porsche 962 Group C bodies rather than sedans. The reason for this was to give the class a unique identity from the tourers. So now we have 200mm tourer sedans, 235mm groupC 4wd, and 8th scale Lola. It gives drivers a progression to move through the classes and keeps the 235mm cars on par if not a bit faster than the 200mm cars that are now using turbo buttons.

It would be good if at the worlds they keep the existing motor rules but use the Group C body with the 235mm cars again to give us a unique identity from the tourers. When we used to run sedan we used to get asked all the time what was the difference between our cars and the tourers now using group C it's obvious to see the difference and keeps 235mm as the intermediate class between the tourers and 8th scale so theres a good natural progression when you want to move up through the classes.

Cheers Alastair
Old 09-25-2003, 12:00 AM
Tech Adept

We run slightly different here in the UK.
200mm has two classes : sedan shells and three port motors with rubber tyres OR Lola / GTP shells and 5 port motors with foam tyres.
In 235mm 2wd has been finished so all 235mm cars are 4wd with group C shells.
I currently run the MTX3 in the 5 port foam class. I like the car and how it handles but would like something a little quicker without the expence of 1/8th - a Mugen 235 would be great.
I have never seen an Advance in the UK and the importer says that he does not support the car or supply it.
He will however look seriously at a new 235 if Mugen release one.
Old 09-25-2003, 08:29 AM
Tech Addict

The Avance is a great car just like the other Mugens. I can't find the post right now but Mugen has officially discontinued that car so I don't know what parts availability will be like in the future.

Ron, now that I know you run 235, maybe I'll have to dust off my baby Picco Integra at a Revelation race or something.
Old 09-25-2003, 08:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by fraz

Ron, now that I know you run 235, maybe I'll have to dust off my baby Picco Integra at a Revelation race or something.
Fraz,

That'll work!

As a matter of fact, Revelation is running their Fall Championship
this weekend. Its another three day event and I am hoping to be
able to run the 235 MM class... Try to come out and run with us.
It should help promote the class if more and more people run
it.

Should be fun!
Old 09-25-2003, 05:25 PM
Tech Addict

Unfortunately I can't come this weekend... I'll be in SoCal but I'm going to the TCS Nationals.
Old 09-26-2003, 11:24 PM
Tech Master

From everything I've been hearing, they not going to replace the Avance.

I really wish they would!
Old 09-27-2003, 11:04 AM
Tech Master

If the new 4WD class gains momentum, particularly in Europe, I think they will .
Old 09-30-2003, 03:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by theRED5
From everything I've been hearing, they not going to replace the Avance.

I really wish they would!
Would kill for a true Mini-MRX3, specially when here, the next year will be a 4WD and open class .15 engines (multiport, turbo, not carb limited) and Lola/GTP body, ditching those pesky and ugly touring bodies is a real good move.

We did some small tests and with a 4WD car and open engine, you can scare seriously to some 1/8 cars on laptimes. We have a track near here that one missile like this about 0.5 seconds faster than one full power 1/8 car.

Definitely will buy one Mini MRX3 if they launch one, running on Snake 235mm class is quite boring <yawn>
Old 09-30-2003, 10:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by jwf-ronni
Fraz,

That'll work!

As a matter of fact, Revelation is running their Fall Championship
this weekend. Its another three day event and I am hoping to be
able to run the 235 MM class... Try to come out and run with us.
It should help promote the class if more and more people run
it.

Should be fun!
Good job Ron at the RD race. Car looked good and you drove like a "machine". Made the pitting uneventful! I want one now too! Keep an eye out for me.
Old 10-15-2003, 06:32 PM
Tech Addict

for the guys who own an avance, does it come stock with a centax clutch or a standard 2-4 shoe clutch? I looked at the pics on the mugen site and it looks like it has a standard clutch. If so, does the MTX-2/3 centax work on big block .15 engines?
Old 10-15-2003, 07:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Bought a new avance from Ultimate Hobbies about 4 months ago and it included a centax clutch,which interchanges with all the mugens,mrx3,mtx3 even for a .15 crank.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.