Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Answer-RC's clutch shoes review

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 08:19 AM
Tech Adept

@ Akhor
Are these a direct fit on the Losi air filter hanger?
Yep - the Losi filter set up is a pretty good one which we could not improve on as its so well intergrated. These foams are a staright fit on the stock Losi filter set up.

@ New One
One question though what is the best lubricant for the Answer bearings.
In terms of a lube - it really depends how you like it. If you are pulling seals off and re lubing a grease is the way to go as it wont get thown so easily, otherwise a good oil perhaps a little thicker than 3in1 is the way to go. I dont have my data sheets to hand but will find what we specced in the original data sheets for them.
Old 08-21-2009, 07:15 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Updates:

In my case, I raced the clutch shoes with 1.0mm spring in my RC8 buggy. The shoes lasted 3 gallons and they were still good enough for almost another gallon. 100% satisfied.
Old 08-22-2009, 12:50 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Lots of new products coming in at the end of the Month!! You losi guys are going to be pleased...Cant wait for some of the new products to arrive!
Old 01-25-2010, 06:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default THANKS ANSWER-RC

I wanted to take a minute and give shout out to mike at
www.answer-rcusa.com for making me part of the team ....i have recently come back from the colonels winter classic in savannah georgia where i TQ'D and took second place in sportsman buggy ..i could not have done it with out the long lasting high bite clutch shoes , air-filter , bearings , and all the other answer-rc goodies and hop ups ..mike is a great guy with an awesome outlook on this sport of ours ...providing quality service and parts to the masses ..i would highly recommend checking them ouot for all your clutch and bearing and airfilter and general upgrade needs ...

thanks again mike and the answer-rc crew
Old 01-25-2010, 06:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zixxer
I wanted to take a minute and give shout out to mike at
www.answer-rcusa.com for making me part of the team ....i have recently come back from the colonels winter classic in savannah georgia where i TQ'D and took second place in sportsman buggy ..i could not have done it with out the long lasting high bite clutch shoes , air-filter , bearings , and all the other answer-rc goodies and hop ups ..mike is a great guy with an awesome outlook on this sport of ours ...providing quality service and parts to the masses ..i would highly recommend checking them ouot for all your clutch and bearing and airfilter and general upgrade needs ...

thanks again mike and the answer-rc crew
I agree. Mike is a stand up guy and talk about quick shipping. Plus the phone support if you need it.

I can honestly say that there is not a single product that I have bought that was not top notch.

And the prices. What a deal for such a great product that has been 2nd to none.

Answer RC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.answer-rcusa.com/
Old 01-25-2010, 07:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Thanks guys! Totally looking forward to 2010. I thought things would slow down for the winter, but everything has continued to go out the door. I also work outside of R/C and see quite a bit that makes me think the worst is behind us from an economic prospective.

If you're going to be at Motorama look me up. This is where I debuted the line just one year ago... and man it's been a wild and exciting ride since. Thanks all for everything. I can't believe all the great relationships I've formed over the past year, not to mention racing my brains out.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Looking forward to running your products this year and I will look you up at Motorama for some hang out action!!
Old 01-26-2010, 12:22 AM
Tech Regular

Only clutch shoes, springs and bearings I run. I loved them last season on my RC8T and RC8B and plan on running them this season as well.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:37 AM
Tech Regular

Default ?

Quick question.

Are you guys running the Answer RC Losi shoes with the composites from Losi? Or do you just run all 4 Answer shoes?

IE. The standard clutch set up that almost everyone loves for Losi

Comp/Green ALU/Gold

About to try out their shoes and wanted to see if anyone had tried the standard Losi set up with these shoes, or does everyone say they perform better just going with all 4?
Old 01-26-2010, 09:44 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RJNicholson
Quick question.

Are you guys running the Answer RC Losi shoes with the composites from Losi? Or do you just run all 4 Answer shoes?

IE. The standard clutch set up that almost everyone loves for Losi

Comp/Green ALU/Gold

About to try out their shoes and wanted to see if anyone had tried the standard Losi set up with these shoes, or does everyone say they perform better just going with all 4?
Losi guys here in AZ are running it both ways RJ depending on how much slip you want
Old 01-26-2010, 10:24 AM
Tech Adept

Will anyone be selling the Losi clutch shoes at Motorama?I would like to give them a try.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Hello Dash,
Look for Mike, I know he will be there racing and selling product. I think he will have a easy-up with Answer-rcusa banners on it. Great guy!
Old 01-26-2010, 11:21 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Losi guys here in AZ are running it both ways RJ depending on how much slip you want
Sweet.

I love the Losi Comp/ALU set up with the green/gold, but I have heard so much good stuff about these shoes I want to give them a go w/ the springs.

Can't wait to get a set! I will just try them both ways and see what I like. Does the Answer RC bells fit the Losi clutch as well, or are they just for the 3 shoe system?
Old 01-26-2010, 12:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RJNicholson
Sweet.

I love the Losi Comp/ALU set up with the green/gold, but I have heard so much good stuff about these shoes I want to give them a go w/ the springs.

Can't wait to get a set! I will just try them both ways and see what I like. Does the Answer RC bells fit the Losi clutch as well, or are they just for the 3 shoe system?
there r losi bells. i just got some last week. can't wait to try them out. i do have to admit i did have alittle trouble mounting the answer shoes to losi bells. they r not free on the pin. seem to bind a bit. wondering if the answer fly will work better.
Old 01-26-2010, 05:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

pballer2777 Quote:

there r losi bells. i just got some last week. can't wait to try them out. i do have to admit i did have alittle trouble mounting the answer shoes to losi bells. they r not free on the pin. seem to bind a bit. wondering if the answer fly will work better.
Today 11:21 AM
RJNicholson Quote:

Your touching on something that continues to be a small issue with the Losi shoes. Here is my recommendation and findings. Losi seems to have about 4 different alum flywheels, each have a different thickness in the top 'plate' where the pins screw into. Some of them allow the pin thread to travel further into the flywheel and it catches or might bind the shoe. My recommendation is to 'dry' fit the shoes with no springs and insure they move freely. If they get caught by the threads of the pins then you will need to 'releive' recessed area with a drill bit for 100% correct fit.

I've also come across Losi flywheels that have the one or more holes for the clutch pins every so slightly no straight. Losi shoes have a little larger hole which seems to mitigate this. The use of our flywheel in pins in this situation solves that problem

Try our Losi shoes all four alum with two gold .9 and two sliver 1.0 for a great starting point. Positive here is you end up with two sets of springs per package this way was well.

We have bells for both Losi and three shoe. We also just released a three shoe/AE bell that is vented with 5x12 bearings for larger sizes.

Today 10:45 AM
aaron joy Hello Dash,
Look for Mike, I know he will be there racing and selling product. I think he will have a easy-up with Answer-rcusa banners on it. Great guy!

Aaron,

I plan on pitting on the 'sane' side of motorama this year but plan to attempt to make myself visable. glad to have you on the team for 2010!

Today 10:24 AM
dash riprock Will anyone be selling the Losi clutch shoes at Motorama?I would like to give them a try.

I will have a dealer selling at Motorama, we'll make his trailer obvious.

Today 09:44 AM

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.