Titanium screws

Old 01-17-2002, 02:11 PM
Tech Master

The problem with phillips is you can use several different size screwdrivers to turn a screw. If you dont know how to tell if it fits then you will probably end up rounding out the head. The advantage to the allen/hex head is that the driver will not push out of the screw like a phillips might do. Have you ever noticed that to get some phillips to grip you have to push in really hard, with allen/hex head you dont. The problem with allen/hex head is that some of the drivers seem to fit too loose probably because of a poorly made screw and the .050 is so small you can actually twist the tip of the driver off. The Thorp drivers seem to be the best as well as the Hudy. Snap On does make exelent phillips screwdrivers, for some reason they fit better and dont seem to twist out like others do. I personally like allen head better, but thats just me. I would also be interested in a set of titanium screws for my X-Ray. It would be really cool if someone could tell me where to get a set.
Old 01-17-2002, 06:37 PM
Tech Regular

Default ti screws

the integy website has 3mm ti screws aprox $8 for 10.
Old 01-17-2002, 08:31 PM
Tech Master

how bout this .... make a screw with a + head like philips but make it to fit a SQUARE flat Philips screw driver ( like the hex but its just + ) it would be though easy to screw ( no need pressure like the hex ) and wont strip easilly cause its +

well ... the only downside is that it would be rather big a screw
Old 01-17-2002, 11:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Niftech sells allen head Ti screws in standard sizes, but they are expensive as heck! They are sold in packages of two or four, I forget which. Best bet would be to call around to see if any of the large order houses have any of the Lunsford kits left. The Majority of the sizes can be used on most any car.