Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Protoform LTC-R

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 07:09 AM
Tech Addict

bigb11;
What's an oval guy going on this thread? The COT project has been on hold for quite a while now. Comes down to basic economics. I'm only capable of acomplishing so much in a given time period and maintaining the quality and desired performance of our product. I'm trying to apply that time and energy to areas of the rc marketplace where it will yield the most benefit to us as a company. It's a tough economy out there right now and we don't want to lay off any of the production staff. As an oval racer, please don't be offended by that comment. It's not a position I feel entirely comfortable with - but it's one of those cold cruel realities. If I let my "heart" govern what new projects to do, it sure would be fun for me and a few others - for a short time - but it would also be a fasttrack to the world of "unemployment".

You will see a Protoform COT-style body before the Snowbirds.

Thanks for your patience.

Dale - Protoform
Old 10-13-2008, 07:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by daleepp
bigb11;
What's an oval guy going on this thread? The COT project has been on hold for quite a while now. Comes down to basic economics. I'm only capable of acomplishing so much in a given time period and maintaining the quality and desired performance of our product. I'm trying to apply that time and energy to areas of the rc marketplace where it will yield the most benefit to us as a company. It's a tough economy out there right now and we don't want to lay off any of the production staff. As an oval racer, please don't be offended by that comment. It's not a position I feel entirely comfortable with - but it's one of those cold cruel realities. If I let my "heart" govern what new projects to do, it sure would be fun for me and a few others - for a short time - but it would also be a fasttrack to the world of "unemployment".

You will see a Protoform COT-style body before the Snowbirds.

Thanks for your patience.

Dale - Protoform
Well said Dale
if ya want to see what happens when ya let your self 'go' look at my back room!! LOL!!
Very Nice body can't wait for it to be available, [even the COT!!]
Thankx, Bill
Old 10-13-2008, 07:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Dale, just like other racers I race touring cars, 1/12th scale and 1/18th scale on-road. We had talked about making a body for 1/18th scale on-road and you thought it wouldn't sell, but another manufacturer thought different and made the body an it is being sold world wide. Dale you are the master at making the best bodies, but your company has missed out on a few thing by not listening to your customers. The world does revolve around 1/8 scale buggies.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:40 AM
Tech Addict

bigb11;
but your company has missed out on a few thing by not listening to your customers. The world does revolve around 1/8 scale buggies.
"truer words have never been spoken" (especially if you meant to say "....the world does not revolve around 1/8th scale buggies)

Dale - Protoform
Old 10-13-2008, 07:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

yes!!
Old 10-13-2008, 07:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Nice looking new body Dale! Cant wait to see the full (Blue, Pink, and White) version turning laps at Trackside.

Happy Thanksgiving Ehh!

Justin
Old 10-13-2008, 08:23 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beavis353
Nice looking new body Dale! Cant wait to see the full (Blue, Pink, and White) version turning laps at Trackside.

Happy Thanksgiving Ehh!

Justin
First you copy Hohnstein's paint scheme and now you are going to copy Lemieux's? Where is your originality man?
Old 10-13-2008, 03:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

Originally Posted by Kraig
First you copy Hohnstein's paint scheme and now you are going to copy Lemieux's? Where is your originality man?
Thats just how Beavis rolls Kraig.

The only reason he dates his girlfriend Gina.......Is because Myself and Paul both dated her already.............in that order
Old 10-13-2008, 03:59 PM
Tech Addict

Hmmm yaaa.......seems like a good time to start talking about downforce and stuff.

A few guys have asked about the performance charactaristics of this new (unreleased) LTC-R. I can only share with you what I was aiming for. Time will tell whether I achieved by objective. I tried my best to design a body that has slightly more steering that the MazdaSpeed6 yet not as much as the R9-R. I also tried to add a bit of downforce to the rear to give it a balanced feel. I just hope it turns out that way. What I do know is that there's a certain racing condition (or application) for most of the bodies in our lineup. I hope that racers will be willing to experiment a bit to find out what suits them best. Some racers seem to be scared by "a choice" and un-nerved by it, like it's something negative. I personally think variety is the spice of life - and makes racing more interesting. I realize it's all quite subjective.
The one thing I assure you about the LTC-9 - it'll be quite attractive impo. (unlike some of the stuff I've done in recent years - while searching for raw speed)

I hope ya'll will like it when you see the finished product. Thanks again for your interest.

Dale - Protoform
Old 10-13-2008, 10:56 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by daleepp
it'll be quite attractive impo. (unlike some of the stuff I've done in recent years - while searching for raw speed)
Oh yes please... us GT guys would certainly look forward to that. Times are changing so it'll be refreshing to see something different.

but one more thing...

When can we get an Aston Martin??
Attached Thumbnails Protoform LTC-R-2005astonmartindbr9.gif.jpeg  
Old 10-14-2008, 08:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rufus2000

When can we get an Aston Martin??
If you have an Aston Martin don't you have to add 1000g to the chassis?

J/K I love the Aston Martins, but I prefer Lotus's because of their lack of weight.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:08 AM
Tech Addict

Default Aston Martin for WORLD GT?

Rufus 2000;

I assume your talking about an Aston Martin body for the World GT class? I'm pretty sure another company's working on one.

Dale - Protoform
ps: Prodrive Vantage V8 = the car of my dreams, that I'll never afford
Attached Thumbnails Protoform LTC-R-aston-martin-v8-vantage-n400-lg.jpg   Protoform LTC-R-prodrive-aston-martin-v8-vantage.jpg  
Old 10-14-2008, 11:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Boo!! Dont like Lexus. How about a 200mm BMW 335I? It would look great next to my real one.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kraig
Im going to WATCH Lemieux car. I'll be racing World GT with a Protoform Sophia.

As for the Paint you can take that up with McGoo. Just thank god he didn't copy the multiple male appendage look also found on Josh's cars.

Back to the protoform discussion...
Old 10-14-2008, 12:01 PM
mok
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

c'mon dale, just show us the body already!
..its not like Blitz are going to be able to backfill a photo :P

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.