Hot Mod 367

Old 10-09-2008, 08:16 PM
Tech Adept

Default Hot Mod 367

I have one of these engines but its trashed right now sittin in my tool box. I really like the thing it has awesome power (way way more than i need but what the heck its fun) and i practically stole the thing from a friend, $200. I was having a problem with it flamin out one sunday at the track so i pulled the front cover off and the connecting rod big end was way sloppy. Later that week i got slammed on some of N.C.'s finest corn whiskey and went to work on it. I had a problem with the sleeve gettin stuck in the block so my drunk a$$ pryed on it with a screwdriver, i got it out but its ugly. Where is the most cost effective place to get parts for this engine? AMAIN has the piston/rod/sleeve set but its $250 and i want bearings as well. Also since its a Hott Mod will i have to send it to Fusion to get the same performance out of it? Thanks and sorry for the long post, im really bored.

P.S. Im not a bad mechanic, i used to work in the reactor building at nuclear plants. But they would have you arrested for the amount of alcohol that was in my blood that night!!!!
Old 10-10-2008, 12:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

baybe HE stole you...
200$ for an engine that needs bearings,rod,and now sleeve-piston..
post a fhoto from the sleeve to see how much damage it has...maybe we can make it work...
Old 10-10-2008, 11:20 AM
Tech Adept

The engine was in excellent shape when he sold it to me. Fixin the sleeve is out of the ?. It has gouges all over it. Plus I want it to be brand new when i fire it back up. Im just weird like that i guess.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NCWC
The engine was in excellent shape when he sold it to me. Fixin the sleeve is out of the ?. It has gouges all over it. Plus I want it to be brand new when i fire it back up. Im just weird like that i guess.
Give me a shout on the phone.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I have one of these engines but its trashed right now sittin in my tool box. I really like the thing it has awesome power (way way more than i need but what the heck its fun) and i practically stole the thing from a friend, $200. I was having a problem with it flamin out one sunday at the track so i pulled the front cover off and the connecting rod big end was way sloppy. Later that week i got slammed on some of N.C.'s finest corn whiskey and went to work on it. I had a problem with the sleeve gettin stuck in the block so my drunk a$$ pryed on it with a screwdriver, i got it out but its ugly. Where is the most cost effective place to get parts for this engine? AMAIN has the piston/rod/sleeve set but its $250 and i want bearings as well. Also since its a Hott Mod will i have to send it to Fusion to get the same performance out of it? Thanks and sorry for the long post, im really bored.

P.S. Im not a bad mechanic, i used to work in the reactor building at nuclear plants. But they would have you arrested for the amount of alcohol that was in my blood that night!!!!
Your story was hilarious!
Old 10-10-2008, 11:44 AM
Tech Adept

its also very sad and very true. The same friend has a connecting rod for a WS7, will it work in my 367? The day i found the problem with the rod he told me he had it and we will see if it works, but i forgot all about it.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

sorry man I wasn't trying to put you down or anything I just thought it was funny how after you got plastered you decided to do some wrenching.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:03 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Mugen9112
sorry man I wasn't trying to put you down or anything I just thought it was funny how after you got plastered you decided to do some wrenching.
Dont worry about it at all dude i didnt take any offense. I was actually over at the guys house that sold me the engine. We usually drink a little beer, smoke a little ummm..... nevermind, and work on our stuff. That was the first time we drank some corn whiskey and tried to wrench, and the first time ive ever done a crappy job on something, go figure.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Dont worry about it at all dude i didnt take any offense. I was actually over at the guys house that sold me the engine. We usually drink a little beer, smoke a little ummm..... nevermind, and work on our stuff. That was the first time we drank some corn whiskey and tried to wrench, and the first time ive ever done a crappy job on something, go figure.
it IS October ya know......
Old 10-10-2008, 12:26 PM
Tech Addict

Call Fusion Motorsports and ask for Chris, he will set you up with a rebuild.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:53 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TRAV15#?%!
it IS October ya know......
Hey man...... it sure is. See you sunday or maybe before. Im still gonna pit for ya.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

ain't doin' nuttin' tonight....maybe we can get the "shine" out & post our drunken problems on here tomorrow
Old 10-10-2008, 12:59 PM
Tech Adept

So does anyone know if the WS7 rod will work in my 367?
Old 10-10-2008, 01:06 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TRAV15#?%!
ain't doin' nuttin' tonight....maybe we can get the "shine" out & post our drunken problems on here tomorrow
I think ill pass on the whiskey, ill just watch you drink it! Soon as i get the funds up for this engine your gonna want to rename BOB to SUE! Wanna help me put it together?
Old 10-10-2008, 06:29 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

So does anyone know if the WS7 rod will work in my 367?
I think it will. All Nova .21's for the last 10 years or so have the same rod dimensions except a couple onroad motors (359 and Cordoba) which have a smaller crank pin. I don't think Nova is using the smaller crank on any offroad motors but I am not 100% sure. The only difference is the size of the hole on the crank end so if it fits the crank, you're good.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.