Wiki Posts
Search

Traxxas Slayer Set-up?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 05:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default Traxxas Slayer Set-up?

I thought it would be cool to pick up a Slayer just to goof around with in between the Buggy heats.

But man, this thing handles like total crap on a hard pack track with some loose stuff on it. Where my RC8 just rails around the track, the Slayer is all over the place.

Get it up to speed where it shifts and its out of control with the rear end coming around. Just handled badly.

I thought it was just me, so I let one of the top drivers in the club try it. While he did better, he too said it was a handful to try to get it around the track and it wasn't fun....

So, anyone have any set-up ideas?
Old 10-09-2008, 11:02 PM
K_B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Better tires. All the setup in the world won't help if you stick with the stock tires; especially on hard pack. Just for yucks, I slapped a mild brushless system in my Slash and my lap times actually went down because the tires couldn't handle the torque generated by the motor. In stock form, I was regularly beating the brushless guys because they couldn't keep the rear end from passing the front end.

My first step would be to pick up a set of the new proline tires and wheels designed for the slayer/slash and go from there.