B4 vs. XXX-KE article in new RCCA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

B4 vs. XXX-KE article in new RCCA

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2003, 06:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

I think that the only reason that the B4 beat the XXX-KE is because the XXX-KE stock gearing sucks. With better gearing the XXX-KE would have killed the B4
Old 09-28-2003, 08:31 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I'm not a big fan of RCCA,But doing a "fair" test of the 2 best 2wd.off road cars would not be an easy one to do,both cars can an will win in the right hands,What I like my car to handle like might not be the way YOU want your car to handle,just be happy you have at least 2 choices.I think they were trying to be as fair as they could.
Old 10-01-2003, 10:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

We all agree that their shootouts are far from perfect, but what is the alternative? Allow them to drive them for 6 months and tune them???? Not do shootouts(this will never happen)???? Usually these shootouts just show that the cars are very similar which is true.
Old 10-01-2003, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

The best way to do a test is long term and publish the progress... Take 2 or more vehicles and give them to comparable drivers and let them race and bash them for an entire season... Take a look at their wins, what they've broken and their overall feelings with the vehicles... You'll never get a true winner, but it'll give the rest of us an idea what the capabilities are and what a race season will cost us... Plus, post their setups and see what they have done to make each car handle the way they like...
Old 10-01-2003, 01:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

The problem with that is that most people don't want to read about a car that has already been out for a year. People want to know if they should spend their money on a newly released car.
Old 10-01-2003, 07:00 PM
Tech Addict

problem is we're so used to the cruddy, drive once around the block, reviews that most people cant tell the difference anymore. pick up a RC World to compare with RCCA and you'll see the light.

Old 10-01-2003, 09:42 PM
Tech Regular

there was a magazine that did one of those long term reviews. i think it was xtream or rcca, they went over what they had bought as hop ups, breakage, dislikes/likes, and how offten they raced a xxxke. i think if they went with one of these type of reviews it would be more informative to readers.
Old 10-01-2003, 10:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Now I must admit I haven't seen one in a few years, but isn't RC World written entirely in Japanese?

A few years ago they did a touring car issue, they must have had 80 different touring cars from all over the world pictured.
Old 10-06-2003, 09:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by xxxtracer32
there was a magazine that did one of those long term reviews. i think it was xtream or rcca, they went over what they had bought as hop ups, breakage, dislikes/likes, and how offten they raced a xxxke. i think if they went with one of these type of reviews it would be more informative to readers.
That was Xtreme ( i did it) I want to do more of the long term testing, but it's difficult to find some reliable people to do the testing.
Old 10-06-2003, 09:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by nikos2002
Now I must admit I haven't seen one in a few years, but isn't RC World written entirely in Japanese?

A few years ago they did a touring car issue, they must have had 80 different touring cars from all over the world pictured.
90% of the people think that RC World does something different. But not many can read it to say what they do differently. I can tell you the Japanese racers that I see at the track love our magazine, but I'm not sure they can read it either.

Every magazine that reviews something has to balance timing. If they tested something for 6 months and came out with a review it would be old news.

Long term testing is one of our goals.
Old 10-06-2003, 10:52 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

If you ever need anyone to do any long term testing let me know,I'll even use my own stuff.. Been racing for 17 years.
Old 10-06-2003, 11:45 PM
Tech Addict

DerekB-you need someone,let me know,i race offroad and onroad(touring) and live 10 minutes away from two different tracks!

[email protected]
Old 10-08-2003, 12:58 PM
Tech Addict

i have subscribed to RCCA for a long time and i hardly ever see updates on any products that they have tested. only exception being is the 4X4 column where kevin h. sometimes has updates on his projects (like his clodbuster).

if you tested for 6 months, then i'm assuming you'd have 6 months worth of material to cover. if the magazine does have extensive tests then isnt that information worthy of being shared with your faithful readers?

also its because i cannot read japanese that i believe it would be nice to bring the type of coverage that RC World gives into a domestic magazine.

i just dont understand why anyone would oppose having extensive reviews and better product coverage for a domestic magazine.
Old 10-08-2003, 08:47 PM
Tech Regular

Default Derekb-

i dont think you need to be able to read english to like babe of the month!

i think youve got the best magazine out now anyways
Old 10-20-2003, 11:49 PM
Tech Adept

iam with texracer on thi one the xxx buggy is a lot more stable on bumpy tracks when you havea mod motors in it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.