Adam Drake talks about the new 8ight 2.0 >

Adam Drake talks about the new 8ight 2.0

Adam Drake talks about the new 8ight 2.0

Old 11-04-2008, 07:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DirtyDezPirate
Hey Adam,

I still am having issue with my GRP.. I have switched from Matrix fuel to Nitrothane, it feels little fatter set, but the temp runs 245... I am not sure what to do???

Would you like to help me out at revelation raceway somehow? or at JBRL round 8?
Are you thinking it a little fat because it is bogging as you apply throttle??

BTW, a racer here had his GRP .21 temp at 403. We immediately richened the top 1 full turn, and then shut it down. Put the piston at bdc, then set the car near a fan to cool it off slowly. This weekend, the same motor ran great, and still had pinch. Either way, he just ordered new bearings.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:32 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
Hi Adam first off i would like to say how much i appreciate you taking the time to answer all of these questions. I am big into truggy racing and was wondering when we can expect to see an 8ight T 2.0. thanks so much.

im pretty sure this question willl be asked at LEAST 2X a page....and adam has given the same answer over and over...NO plans as of yett.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
im pretty sure this question willl be asked at LEAST 2X a page....and adam has given the same answer over and over...NO plans as of yett.
+1

Even if there is an 8ight T in the works I`m sure every driver and Losi/Horizon employee can`t say anything about it until Losi has released the info .
Old 11-04-2008, 07:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

sorry but I don't see that question asked on every page at all. it might just be me but I only see it asked once and there was no reply.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:02 AM
Tech Lord

sorry but I don't see that question asked on every page at all. it might just be me but I only see it asked once and there was no reply.

Its been asked...Trust me.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:23 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Merciless
Humm its a nice weight drop then, but nothing to get really excited about. When you say you have to clean the 8ight and recheck do you think we're going to find another 2oz's ?

If anyone can post me the bare weight on the 8ight 2.0 plz(no motor/pipe , servo's, electrics, wheels or shell that'd also be very interesting. basicly new without wheels or shell on).

Thanks for your reply Dietz

Rod
There is a 1.8oz. difference. That's, no motor,pipe,radio tray,wing,body and wheels. roller to roller
Old 11-04-2008, 08:56 AM
Tech Champion

Its been asked...Trust me.
Yes I know it has been asked but im very anxious to see what the new truck is going to look like so i figured it wouldnt hurt to ask if there was some sort of time table. sorry I offended you by asking a simple question.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Yes I know it has been asked but im very anxious to see what the new truck is going to look like so i figured it wouldnt hurt to ask if there was some sort of time table. sorry I offended you by asking a simple question.

Again , nobody is allowed to say there is a new 8-T coming until it has been released to the public , just like when they said there wasn`t going to be a newer 8ight until Losi revealed it . This has been asked several times and been given the same response . Unless you are a Losi driver or employee you will have to wait just like the rest of us .
Old 11-04-2008, 10:04 AM
Tech Adept

Bigedmond- It’s possible if sales take off. I would rather run truggy personally.

Intergra- Haha..

TIX- The material, mold configuration, design and molding process.

R1harper- Thanks!

Mr. losi- 2-a front and 2-b rear.

Merciless- My buggy was a little over 2 oz. lighter.

Dirtydezpirate- I’ll be at Revelation tonight and Thursday if you need help. What was the engine running at before you switched fuel?

Blower Uper A I haven’t used a nosram or hpi engine.

Donut92673- No problem. Let me know how it runs this weekend.

Jamminfrazy- I’m sure we will release a new turggy at some point, but I don’t know when that will be.

Bigedmond- WOW, 403!
Old 11-04-2008, 10:10 AM
Tech Lord

Adam....u say if sales take off.....have the sales of the 8-T in general not been good ? the main thing im lookin for is the upgraded bones....what are the wear characteristics compared to the old metals ?
Old 11-04-2008, 10:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

hey adam: I came across a company online called matrix composites that makes a carbon chassis for the losi 8ight and 8ight-t i was just woundering if you'de seen them and how durable are they vs. the stock alluminum chassis? Thanks
Old 11-04-2008, 10:22 AM
Tech Adept

Intergra- If sales take off on the SC8, Losi may look into doing something similar, but I don't think that's going to happen. Racing truggies is a lot more fun them running a CORR type truck in my eyes. The 8ight 2.0 bones are a lot harder and last more then twice as long.

b-man777- Yes, I know of Matrix. There chassis looks really nice. Not sure about the wear vs. a stock chassis.

Last edited by Adam Drake; 11-04-2008 at 10:37 AM.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:30 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by b-man777
hey adam: I came across a company online called matrix composites that makes a carbon chassis for the losi 8ight and 8ight-t i was just woundering if you'de seen them and how durable are they vs. the stock alluminum chassis? Thanks

i could answer this for ya.....i personally dont own one...i do run his anchorman's.....but also know CF characteristics and know all about Robert's chassy.....he uses skids on the rear so wear is practically nothing....and he uses replacable droop screw tabs so when they wear you can replace them...which i have yett to see another MFG do.....and the CF he uses is Top Notch.....not the regular old SSG composite you see on most pro level kits....ive been waiting for the truggy chassy personally as i like truggy better also.

PS Adam u missed the updated bone question.
Old 11-04-2008, 02:34 PM
Tech Champion

thanks for the response Adam.
Old 11-04-2008, 05:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

What can i do about my front brakes keep sticking after i apply them on my 2.0. I tried loosening the pads and tried the adjustment on the linkage.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.