Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2009 Electric On Road ROAR Nationals at Hobbytown USA "The Coliseum"

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 12:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Sohlman113
If ROAR decides to cancel the race will we know within a decent timeframe so we can cancel our hotel reservations. Looking forward to the race I hope more people sign up.

As it says and I apolgoize for not being as clear as I should have been.. we decided to stay the course and NOT cancel it. But, I wanted you guys to know it was a discussion and we decided the best thing would be continue with the event. But, we do have expenses and it could hurt our programs next year if we don't get more signed up.

Again, we will NOT cancel the event. We have waived the late fee.

Also, we will take track side entries... with proof of valid ROAR membership as we will not have access to the database. So, bring your ROAR card...
Old 09-10-2009, 05:40 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 87 (99%+)

i had originaly planned on runnign 2 class and have payed for both but with the low turnout im not sre if ill b able 2 get the car ready for both classes is there anyway 2 refund one class ??
Old 09-10-2009, 07:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I am sure you will have time in between. Even if turnout is low the race director should give time in between to prep your cars etc.
Old 09-11-2009, 08:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RaceAce701
i had originaly planned on runnign 2 class and have payed for both but with the low turnout im not sre if ill b able 2 get the car ready for both classes is there anyway 2 refund one class ??

You will have plenty of time. Remember, there are three days to use for the event... low turnout only means more time between rounds.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RaceAce701

I wouldn't worry to much about it, we'll make sure everyone has enough time to get their stuff wrenched on and ready for each round. See you all in about 3 weeks
Old 09-11-2009, 08:03 PM
Tech Regular

I am new to this discussion but I was always wondering why that an outdoor on-road national event was being held at an indoor facility? Is that why there has been such a low turn out? I know of a few good outdoor tracks close to where this race has been schedualed to run that are outdoor and have good people running them and one comes to mind is Jackson RC in New Jersey.
Just thought I would put my two cents worth into this discussion. I sure did enjoy last years race!!!!

SmokinJoeM
Old 09-11-2009, 08:07 PM
Tech Elite

It is an asphalt race not an "outdoor" race.
Old 09-11-2009, 08:17 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by KHoff7
It is an asphalt race not an "outdoor" race.
That is my point!!! Isn't asphalt supposed to be OUTDOORS??? Now don't get me wrong I have never been to Hobby Town's race track but I have been to most of the other's up in that area and they were outdoor asphalt racing surfaces. I was just wondering if that is why the turnout is lower than normal.
Just a thought..

SmokinJoeM
Old 09-11-2009, 08:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 108 (99%+)

Is there a motor limit for 1/12 scale mod?
Old 09-11-2009, 08:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by swimbikerun
Is there a motor limit for 1/12 scale mod?

Mod. Nope.
Old 09-11-2009, 08:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SmokinJoeM
That is my point!!! Isn't asphalt supposed to be OUTDOORS??? Now don't get me wrong I have never been to Hobby Town's race track but I have been to most of the other's up in that area and they were outdoor asphalt racing surfaces. I was just wondering if that is why the turnout is lower than normal.
Just a thought..

SmokinJoeM

I personally dislike outdoor on road racing. You will be astounded at how this track feels. Its like no other.
Old 09-11-2009, 08:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 108 (99%+)

Just a thought..

SmokinJoeM
Nope. Historically several of the more popular tracks in SoCal were indoors and of non-carpet nature. Also Yatabe Arena in Japan is also indoors.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:15 PM
Tech Master

Location: A step closer to where I need to be a step further from where I was

Just a thought..

SmokinJoeM
A few years back when the Nats were in Fla. my friends went down and got rained on, didn't rain it out but held up racing and made things iffy. No chance of weather affecting us I like that. I like the idea of controlled indoor asphalt racing.

Rod
Old 09-11-2009, 10:00 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RKeasler
A few years back when the Nats were in Fla. my friends went down and got rained on, didn't rain it out but held up racing and made things iffy. No chance of weather affecting us I like that. I like the idea of controlled indoor asphalt racing.

Rod

The perpose of bring up this discussion is get people to think of what could be the reason for the low amount of preregistration. If indoor alsphalt racing is so popular then why are most alsphalt venues outdoors and carpet tracks are indoors. Like I said in a earler post I do not have anything against the people at hobby town or the racing facility but in my opinion I think alsphalt onroad racing is more enjoyable outside.

Smokinjoem
Old 09-11-2009, 10:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I am new to this discussion but I was always wondering why that an outdoor on-road national event was being held at an indoor facility? Is that why there has been such a low turn out? I know of a few good outdoor tracks close to where this race has been schedualed to run that are outdoor and have good people running them and one comes to mind is Jackson RC in New Jersey.
Just thought I would put my two cents worth into this discussion. I sure did enjoy last years race!!!!

SmokinJoeM
Who ever said the Electric On Road Nats was exclusively an outdoor event? Nowhere does it say this is the Electric On Road Outdoor Nats. By that line of thinking shouldn't all off road races be outdoors? As far as other tracks, they didn't bid. Tracks that don't bid can't be considered it's as simple as that. If you want to see the Nats at your local track you need to get them to bid.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.