NEW WIDE 1/8 TIRES? WHAT ARE THEY?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW WIDE 1/8 TIRES? WHAT ARE THEY?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 08:42 PM
Tech Addict

By "technology advancements", I meant better tighter molding and better plastics making cars stronger lighter. Also the use of titanium and fiber is making things lighter. Yes the size of the tire would be an option, but the width does affect how long they last so I don't quite agree with you there. Wider tires equal more contact with the ground putting the driver in better control of his equipment. Remember THE ONLY THING TOUCHING THE GROUND IS YOUR TIRES. If you have more traction and better control, driving will be easier, and we all know the newbies need all the control they can get. LOL.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:32 PM
Tech Elite

I am a little lop-sided on the tire issues. For one thing I like the advancment in technology, but....... everyone is coming out with tires this, and tires that. Sooooo many choices. Which equals to more money that needs to be spent to keep up with. I seen this during the touring car craze. Then all of a sudden, there were spec tires. Undecided.................

Makes sense with wider rear tires though. Look at 1/10th scale electric 4wd buggies.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:24 AM
Tech Adept

IMo the 1/8 scale buggies are just fine the way they are. Why not just try to be faster with the same specs: tire size, motor ower, buggy weight, etc???

Too many changes or even new categories (truggy, etc) attrack more people to the hobby, but at the same time they are more disperse.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

For what it's worth, you can accomplish more with different tyre compounds and tread patters than with a wider rim/tyre. The later would also add to the car's unsprung weight and as Jason pointed out above, would likely also cost more. I like my 1/8 tyres/rims just the way they are, thank you.