Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Strictlly racing????

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2003, 01:39 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by vtl1180ny
As for foams, I have every shore in 26 to 30mm, plus assorted rubbers... I even true my own...

and you race only 8 times a year???
Mannnn, I race every stinking weekend and don't have that many tires. Heck, I don't even have a truer.

Old 09-17-2003, 10:35 AM
Tech Elite

Default $$$$$$$$$$$

Guys;

A very good Friend of mine has said many times:

"Spend alot now, cry a little. Spend a little now, cry alot later."

If you are thinking of being serious with racing, even at the Club level. It pays to buy the best equipment that your Wallet (or Purse) can afford.
Old 09-17-2003, 07:22 PM
Tech Elite

I can race electric at 2 different tracks, which is why I invest more in my electric car... Supposedly the track where I race offroad will be repaving their long unused on road track for next year... So, that'd give me 3 places to run electric on road plus a more steady nitro on road schedule... I'm not sure if the 4-tec is going to stand up to a weekly beating...
Old 09-17-2003, 07:36 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

where is plainview in relation to Nanuet NY?
Old 09-17-2003, 07:52 PM
Tech Elite

I'm not sure if the 4-tec is going to stand up to a weekly beating...
Probably not. But that's when you'll know it is time to move on to a different platform.

IMHO, it really depends on how Brand loyal you are and how much time and effort you have to spend on the 4-Tec.
Without a doubt, a full on race bred machine would be easier and cheaper to race week after week, than your current Car.
Old 09-17-2003, 09:16 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Strictlly racing????

I know this topic has been covered over and over and how this is better than that... But, for strictly racing, what would everyone get if they were to buy a new car tomorrow...

Would you go shaft or belt drive???

Parts availability is always an issue which tends to favor the bigger companies...

What engine would be in this car, why???

Would you add hop ups right from the start???

Pull start? Bump start? Roto start or a modified Traxxas starter?

I'm currently running a Nitro 4-tec... Although it may not be top of the line or the fastest and best handling out there, the car has been very good to me... Problem here is there is so little interest is racing nitro on road, we have maybe 8 races a year.... Is it really cost effective to dump 1k into a car that you'll use 8 times???
#1 I would go with belt

#2 Nova or RB

#3 No I would not add hop ups from the start, Most Pro-kits have them already in them, as in front one way and swaybars, graphite goodies.

#4 Bump start

I personally think it depends on your hobby shops part support.
I myself have a Kyosho V one RR evo, but I do like the mugen and the HPI is also interesting. As for the NTC3 i have been getting my but kicked by one of these for a wile, but its not my thing.

If your racing 8 times a year, better than some, I think its worth the $$ if you want to race or you just love the hobby

Just my 2 coins
Old 09-18-2003, 01:49 AM
Tech Adept

This is mainly curiousity of what guys who get to race nitro a lot more would put into a car...
1. a rear exhaust engine that's rated at least 1.25 hp
2. one piece pipe and header.
3. Centax clutch
4. Dodge Stratus or Crowd Pleasure body with a picture of a half naked girl on the hood ...
Old 09-18-2003, 08:05 AM
Tech Elite

Default Crowd Pleaser Body

Stratus all the way.

I know from personal experience that the Crowd Pleaser's have way too much Steering for most Nitro car applications. I fought the handling with mine for months before returning to a Stratus and the Car is great now.
Old 09-18-2003, 10:05 AM
Tech Elite

FastHarry... Depending on the time of day, I guess I could get up there in an hour or so... Maybe faster depending on my mood... Problem with being a Highway cop is you tend to drive your own car in the same manner...

Unless you're using a TC3, parts are scarce... The 4-tec would take a good chunk of change for me to be confident it's going to make it through repeated race weekends... Parts for it around here are all mail-order also... I yace a Yok electric, which is pretty much the same also...
Old 09-18-2003, 01:03 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Crowd Pleaser Body

Originally posted by popsracer
Stratus all the way.

I know from personal experience that the Crowd Pleaser's have way too much Steering for most Nitro car applications. I fought the handling with mine for months before returning to a Stratus and the Car is great now.
I'll secound that, this is the worst handling body I ever had...
Old 09-19-2003, 08:21 AM
Tech Regular

Default Proto Stratus 2.1

nuff said
Old 09-19-2003, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

Anyone ever try the MB CLK body???
Old 09-19-2003, 10:43 AM
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

HPI CLK body is one of the best
Old 09-20-2003, 06:34 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

i would have to go with shaft drive over the belt drive.i like how smoothe the drivetrain is and i also own one and win with it all the time
i run a nitro tc3 with a only a few hop ups:
i run an os .12tr turbo,B.M.I. chassis,the fix,and rear turnbuckle jam nuts.only real upkeep is on tires.car is always glued to the track and very stable.i dont break much of anything on it anymore but if i do,i can find plenty of parts for it in any local hobby store.
Old 09-20-2003, 06:42 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

FastHarry... Depending on the time of day, I guess I could get up there in an hour or so... Maybe faster depending on my mood... Problem with being a Highway cop is you tend to drive your own car in the same manner...

Unless you're using a TC3, parts are scarce... The 4-tec would take a good chunk of change for me to be confident it's going to make it through repeated race weekends... Parts for it around here are all mail-order also... I yace a Yok electric, which is pretty much the same also...
we race on tues nites...if you want to come down,let me know

We all run Tc3's,Impulses,and lately HPI r40's...

I love my rb powered Tc3's..but the r40 is begining to win me over...

stay in touch..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.