Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Is AE/Thunder Tiger planning on designing a B5?  How about a T44? >

Is AE/Thunder Tiger planning on designing a B5? How about a T44?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is AE/Thunder Tiger planning on designing a B5? How about a T44?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 08:05 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dr_hfuhuhurr
Yes, they do fit fine but was the chassis/suspension/gearing designed for the lower weight of lipos and and different gearing for brushless motors?
I don't think the car was designed around a very specific weight of components. The weight of 6 cell batteries has changed considerably (gotten heavier) since the car came out.

Edit: It also occurs to me that many have run the car with 5 cells with good success.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:08 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Davidka
I don't think the car was designed around a very specific weight of components. The weight of 6 cell batteries has changed considerably (gotten heavier) since the car came out.
+1
Old 09-21-2008, 08:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I guess I don't know what brushless you are running, but I have 2 T4's with 2 different brands of BL systems and both work fine. I don't see where a new gearbox for brushless is needed. As far as redesigning a 12th scale to fit a BL system, stuff needed to change due to a lack of space, not because the carpet knife wasn't winning. And if you go to the AE forums, the team drivers were already adding weight befor the lipos anyway and some are still running nimh's. As far as looking pretty with lead weights, you racin it or placin it in car shows. If the car is coming in first, everyone else will be adding lead to there rides reguardless of what it looks like.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:55 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Lenman73
I guess I don't know what brushless you are running, but I have 2 T4's with 2 different brands of BL systems and both work fine. I don't see where a new gearbox for brushless is needed.

Just my 2 cents.
I believe they're referring to B/L stock type motors like 17.5 turn. Guys are removing the slipper to run 32/65 and gears in that range because a 17.5 likes to be geared so tall. As long as modified is the premier class I don't see AE doing a whole gearbox either.

AE has a magic bullet with the B4. The car performs extremely well and doesn't last very long. They sell tons of replacement parts and some racers even buy a new car every year. Racers for the most part accept this and keep buying. Why risk "improving" on it and see sales drop?
Old 09-21-2008, 09:36 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by tom_chang79
What advantage does a vertical ball stud offer that a horizontal doesn't? I thought they were mechanically equivalent.

F* the dogbones, bring back the Losi telescopes! Those were the shiznit!

Vertical ball stud`s are more adjustable....

Slider`s twist when car is accelerating, not good...
Old 09-21-2008, 06:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Vertical ball stud`s are more adjustable....

Slider`s twist when car is accelerating, not good...
Ahhhh... Thanks for the info

I had no idea that B4s wear out fast. What parts of it wears out? I can't imagine it being more then the drive train and the bearings? Is it any faster then other cars?
Old 09-21-2008, 06:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I heard that the b5/t5 are going to be released next winter and are going to be designed around lipo/brushless
Old 09-21-2008, 06:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mauromj
I heard that the b5/t5 are going to be released next winter and are going to be designed around lipo/brushless
From who ?
Old 09-21-2008, 06:18 PM
Tech Legend

Chang_79

Not true !
The B-4 sets the standard in term`s of cost, durability and performance...
Sure if you run your B-4 50 times , parts will wear..
Same for any ride ...

Times are changing, with more 2w rides available to choose from . Still, most local shop`s stock a great selection of Ae parts and the other`s rides ?

We can order it story`s is all your going to hear...
Old 09-21-2008, 07:44 PM
Tech Lord

The B4 wears faster than the Losi and Academy (the two other 2wd's I've run) and suffers much more performance deterioration because of wear, ie. an AE car with wear/slop runs far worse than a Losi with the same wear. It loses rear traction if anything in the driveline is worn. That said, I run a B4, it's really easy to be fast with as long as it's kept sharp.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
We can order it story`s is all your going to hear...
Yeah seriously. I hate that line. The point of going to a hobby shop is so they can stock it. In turn, you buy their marked up price. Why would you need a hobby shop to order it for you? I could've done that without you (hobby shop) as the middleman!

Ok, I digress...

The biggest improvement I would love to see out of AE is using Tamiya's type of design on the arms. The front and rear arms of any AE vehicle seems like the weak point. Have you guys seen a TRF501X's arms? Truly beefy!
Old 09-21-2008, 09:30 PM
Tech Legend

The thing is, make the arm stronger and you usually end up with something else breaking instead . You may even have to spend more time and money to do a repair....

Replacing a front Ae arm is inexpensive and simple,even can be done in minutes....

Sorry if I`m sounding like there`s no room for improvements. The B-4 is getting a bit dated and I`m sure Ae will soon begin work on a new design
now that the 1/8 Buggy Worlds are over ....
Old 09-22-2008, 05:42 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default CARBON FIBER

Any thoughts on carbon fiber. RC8 and RC8t have carbon fiber shock towers, b44 carbon fiber, carbon fiber b5. Or would it increase the price and the cons would outway the pro?
Old 09-22-2008, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tom_chang79
Have you guys seen a TRF501X's arms? Truly beefy!
That's BMag's car so it has to be that beefy.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I would love to see associated's version of the E8, Just like losi...factory conversion parts, available RTR and separetely, and LRP BL ESC and motor...maybe even reedy 14.4v packs...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.