Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BK edition - XXX

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2003, 06:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Well the thing is if your semi new to this hobby.Its NOT going to matter.I wish that you guys wouldnt get SOOOO caught up in the HYPE boat.Hopups dont win,Driving does.
It's NOT a whole new car.Just certain parts will be upgraded.The Problem is if you ever try to build a car PARTS wise you will spend a FORTUNE.Tranny's arent cheap and Im NOT sure what parts will be the same there.It may be cheaper to buy the NEW car than to piece it out.Arms,CVD's,Tranny are the MAJOR parts that are different.I win all the TIME against some HIGH ranking guys running B4's with my XXXKE.Alot of the NEW stuff they are doing may not even BENEFIT you at YOUR type track.
If you car is winning now then keep it the way it is till you get beat.If your getting beat lets be Reaslistic.Is it the car?I doubt it.
Les
Old 09-15-2003, 06:56 PM
Tech Regular

whats with the CAPS?

i was just wondering what all the people who have xxx already.

no im not new to the hobby, and ive been racing truck for a little while now and i know its the driver who wins the race but good equipment never hurt.
Old 09-15-2003, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

Caps are to Express the IMPORTANT THINGS.lol.
You may be experienced but NOT everyone on this post is.
The sad thing Im trying to Explain is these guys racing stock and then LOADING DOWN their car with Weight from all the trinity aluminum.lol.Thats the Sad Part.
I have won Sportsman class recently with a XX Kinwald,AM radio,Novak Explorer,1700's and a NON rebuildable stock motor just to show some NEW guys thats it's not all about cars,parts and so on.So I like to Stress it's the DRIVER and not so much on the Car.

You asked:
i was just wondering what all the people who have xxx already.

This didnt make sense.If you want an answer can you clear it up?
Old 09-15-2003, 07:48 PM
Tech Regular

As for my question-“will there be a update kit or is it a whole new car?” then your response then my last post “I was just wonder what all the people with xxx already” –maybe I should have added how associated made an update kit for the rc10gt to the new longer blue chassis and other parts that they now have on the factory team edition.
Old 09-16-2003, 10:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I hope the changes work as well as they did with the xxxs g+. My g+ squares up fast exiting a corner with the hinge pins moved in on the rear. If it works well with the BK2 it will corner like a dream on tight tracks.
Old 09-16-2003, 02:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by Ophidian
I hope the changes work as well as they did with the xxxs g+. My g+ squares up fast exiting a corner with the hinge pins moved in on the rear. If it works well with the BK2 it will corner like a dream on tight tracks.
... i hope so... lower center of gravity, better transmission, and re-designed suspension.
Old 09-16-2003, 09:13 PM
Tech Regular

what did they change on the xxx-s?
Old 09-16-2003, 09:19 PM
Tech Elite

Nothing xxxtracer32.The G+ is a great car and needed nothing.
It already has different rear shock tower,rear hubs,yellow belt,new front bumper bracket and lowered arm mounts over the regular car.
Les
Old 09-16-2003, 09:30 PM
Tech Regular

so thats what they changed from the regular xxx-s. what they first put out before the g+
Old 09-17-2003, 07:58 AM
Tech Elite

Well to help out and get more detailed this is the difference between the STOCK car(Even these graphite converted cars) and a XXX-s G+ edition
The Stock car with graphite conversion has the OLD chassis due to Losi Not packaging the G+ chassis in this kit.
You can ONLY buy the G+ chassis by itself.It has 2 holes for the steering assembly giving you different steering geometry and making it better.

You get the following HOPUPS or CHANGES with the XXX-s G+ :
Full Graphite with NEW chassis,arms,and updated rear shock tower that has an extra row of tuning options on camber locations.

New Rear Hubs.Updated camber location,plus new rear arms

Titanium Turnbuckles,threaded shock bodies with gold shafts.

Aluminum CVD's being lighter and less rotating mass

24mm wide,12mm hub wheels instead of the old LOSI HEX wheels.

High and Low Roll Center Mounts for more tuning.

Plus an actuall racing body.The 2 door Stratus with the stock XXX-s isnt even allowed at some tracks where as the XXX-s G+ comes with the alfa romeo body.Very Nice on this car.

Yellow Updated more effic belt.

New Foam Bumper and Body Mount Brace.

This is a killer buy due to all the hopups that are included in the package.Its just like the BK or the MFE with all the hopups at a fraction of the cost of piecing it out.
Hope this helps.
Les