Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya F102's

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 08:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Smile Tamiya F102's

Hey all! Since R/C F1 seems to be on the rise, I thought I would start a forum for the older F1 cars. People can ask qeustions, post pics, etc, etc.

This is a car I've been working on recently. I tried adding some new to the old just to see...what it would be like. I'm pretty happy with the result and can't wait to try this one at the track. It's an F102 with a carbon chassis, lightweigth servo mounts, TRF shock, ride height adjustable rear pod, aluminum motor mount, aluminum screws and nuts, up dated front king pins, and full bearings. I still have to add the diffuser, turnbuckle kit and carbon rear axle, then it's done...but here it is for now.

Old 09-07-2008, 09:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (89%+)

holy cow!

sweet bodyshell bro! one of the more "unobtainable" body sets and its done very well!

my hat's off to you bro! that is one wicked ride! thanks for sharing the pics!
Old 09-07-2008, 10:34 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks for the comments. This is why I really like R/C F1. The bodies are really well done and they look like something...not just a stratus or mazda. Tamiya has always done an excellent job producing them will high attention to detail. I'm hoping with the release of the new F103RM Tamiya will reproduce some of these bodies that we all enjoy running.
Old 09-07-2008, 10:38 AM
Tech Elite

hope so... so far, the F-103RM is being released with either the Type M body or the Type T body...

the Type M resembles the Mclaren MP4-13 while the Type T looks like the Tyrrell 023...

at least Tamiya should release some of the vintage bodyshells like the Jordan 191...
Old 09-07-2008, 10:56 AM
Tech Addict

I agree I'd like them to re-release all of them, but I understand about licensing and the cost factor associated with it. Everyone has to make something off it. That's a big problem in this industy. The big companies all want a big part of the pie so it doesn't make sence to pay all that money. The bummer part is people like us are the ones loosing out.

I have the Tyrell and the Mclaren. The body set I got with the F103RM is the M-type. Below is the earlier version, when it was still the Mclaren MP4/13

Here's the Tyrell. I still have to work on the chassis. I plan on adding a few hop-ups to it...then nail it to the wall.

And yes, I would love for them to re-relase this one as well.

Last edited by Vyger; 09-07-2008 at 01:00 PM.
Old 09-07-2008, 01:07 PM
Tech Addict

This is my Footwork Honda F102. It's a referb I got by trading someone online. I reapplied some of the decals, put on new wings with new stickers, painted the interior, replaced all the screws with the old Tamiya Ti-screws, added a carbon fiber chassis and full bearings.

Old 09-07-2008, 02:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

great looking machine
Old 09-07-2008, 02:57 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

beauts indeed. i had a b192 and the fa13. very nice, i will have 1 again

R
Old 09-07-2008, 07:49 PM
Tech Addict

Many thanks guys. The kind words are appreciated.

I have a Benetton B192. I finished it a couple of weeks ago.

Old 09-07-2008, 08:27 PM
Tech Elite

what the...?

im flabbergasted! where do you get these cool rides? wish i could buy one of them...!
Old 09-07-2008, 09:49 PM
Tech Addict

LOL What's up Tommi!

I've been buying these for years. A car kit here, a body kit there. My closet was filling up and my wife was loosing her patience. Now that I have time to finally build them...actually I asked myself one day why wasn't I building them. It didn't make sense to me to buy all these cool kits and then stuff them in a closet. I love Tamiya box art, but really how much fun is it to pull out a box and stare at the parts? So recently, within the last 6-7 months I've decided to build them up and try to put a few hop-ups on them along the way. It's been a blast. To top it all off I found this forum while searching for parts on the net. I thought what the heck, lets share some pics and see what everyone else is doing with there's. The cherry on top is Tamiya seems to be bringing these cars back. YEAH!!!!

I'd love to see some pics of what other people are doing with the F101's, F102's, F103's, etc, etc. Come on guys, post some pics!
Old 09-09-2008, 11:49 PM
Tech Addict

Hi Vyger,
cool photo's
i did found in my warehouse a box full off retro wings and spoilers of the older bodies set will upload them soon
Need TIME!!!!!
Old 09-10-2008, 06:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 103 (98%+)

simply awesome!

I raced the F1 during the 90's and had a blast! Thanks for posting the pics! Hopefully more racers will be interested in the simplicity of the F1 and it'll make a comeback. I have a new PIAA that's only been ran once.

Old 09-10-2008, 06:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Nice detail. Where are you getting the sticker packages for these old paint jobs? The problem with the new bodies is no stickers or markings what so ever. I'm guessing licensing issues if they send them with the kits.
Old 09-10-2008, 07:32 AM
Tech Elite

youre right on that one liljohn.

Tamiya is releasing bodyshells but minus the sponsor stickers of the original F-1 team. its an issue concerning licensing rights from the FIA and the F-1 teams concerned. as a result, Tamiya released the bodyshells without any team logos. just generic markings like the vents and helmet visor.

but there is a japanese company that is selling "semi-licensed" sponsor decals of various F-1 teams. so you can use it on any F-1 bodyshell you want so you can duplicate your favorite team.

i just ordered a set of decals of the Ligier JS39 and Leyton House CG901 so i can use it on my 2 TRG Williams FW14 bodyshells.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.