Any Iowans????

Old 09-10-2003, 11:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Any Iowans????

I Live in norther iowa, in a town called Waverly, North on Waterloo. AnyOne near here??? I have a few friends in the hobby!
Old 09-11-2003, 09:11 PM
Tech Elite

Default tracks

I know hobby haven in des moines has a track. but that is a little far from where you are at.
Old 09-15-2003, 09:00 PM
Tech Rookie

Exclamation I'm from Waverly too!

I just moved to Madison WI, but I was born and raised in Waverly.

There is an awesome new outdoor track that is in the Cedar Falls indus. park. It is an offroad track and it is sponsored by Xtreme R/C or Extreme R/C. I forget what they call their business.

They had a wright-up in the Courier a few weeks back. I guess it is really booming.

If you go to the CF industrial park. Take a right off of 58 go by the A&W root-beer place.
-Take another immiediate right like you're going to the gas station.
-Follow that road down to I think your 1st or 2nd left. and it is in a dark brownish or gray building that is named Rain something?
-It will be on your right.

They make raincaps for roofs. There is a side door with a little Extreme R/C purple and yellow sign above it.

When I was up there they met on Friday nights after 5 or 6.

Otherwise you can always go to Bob's R/C in CF and ask...but it is a little tacky since this place is their competition. They'll tell you though if you inquire about a track and not another business.

Also do you know about the hobby store in Waverly? At least I think he's still in business? He works out of his house north of town.

I hope this helps! If you need more info. give me a holler.
~Whiplash
Old 09-16-2003, 05:09 AM
Tech Regular

Default i know of all of those lhs!

but bobs r/c is going out of bis, and extreme's track is horrible, they don't take care of it, and their prices are "extremely" high!!! the waverly guy is the best out of the three !!
Old 09-16-2003, 09:31 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Cost of things

I know they are a little more expensive then finding parts on the internet, but those are the businesses that you need to support if you want to be able to have any track at all...especially one in Iowa!

I've talked to quite a few people and I've heard there's one down by Des Moines and the one in CF and that is pretty much it.

Hopefully as Extreme R/C takes off, the part time owners will be able to dump more $$$ into creating an awesome track. But given the area and the interest level expressed there...I think they've done pretty well.

Give them a couple years. They haven't been there that long. Express to them what you don't like about the track. Both guys that own it are pretty receptive to trying new things.

Good luck! Your other alternative is to move up here to WI where they have a few awesome tracks. But the club here too seems to be struggling. I'm hearing that people just aren't getting involved like they use to.

~Whiplash
Old 09-16-2003, 09:33 PM
Tech Rookie

one last thing

What is lhs? It's an acronym I've never seen?
Old 09-17-2003, 05:04 AM
Tech Regular

Default lhs= local hobby shops

they are moving to evandale to have an indoor nitro dirt track!!! but when they want 90 for big bores and i could buy them at waverly for 60!!! thats too high!
Old 01-21-2006, 08:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Hey got to http://www.iowarctracks.com to see what tracks are in your area.

While you are there, feel free to sign up. We would love to have you on board!