Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
A Word about RC America-(Xray distributer) >

A Word about RC America-(Xray distributer)

A Word about RC America-(Xray distributer)

Old 09-05-2008, 06:42 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default A Word about RC America-(Xray distributer)

I just wanted to take a minute and tell you all about my experience with RC America. They are the company in the USA that is responsible for all distribution and customer service for Xray products. About a month ago, I bought my first Xray, the 808 buggy, and 1 of the parts was defective. I contacted them about it, and I was expecting them to tell me to send it back, and they would send a new one. what they did instead was they sent me a new one, prepaid, with a pre-paid envelope to return the defective part! This is not normal practice for any other Company, you always have to prove your point first, and then maybe they will take care of you. What RC America did was so above and beyond normal customer service, I wanted to share it all with you and let you know if you buy Xray, your in good hands. I have no affiliation with Xray, or RC America. just one Rc maniac sharing a wonderful expierience with my fellow RC Guys/Girls. This service I received has made me a lifelong customer, or until I'm too old to Race!
Old 09-05-2008, 07:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

That's cool.

I had the same experience a couple years ago when Losi released the 8ight. There was a defective CVD and all I had to do was call them, and they immediately shipped out a replacement part at no cost.

Too bad things don't always work out like that. But I can understand why some companies are skeptical, because I think sometimes consumers try to "get over" and get something for nothing.... so companies don't want to be too easy.
Old 09-05-2008, 07:42 PM
Tech Lord

That was exactly the response I was expecting from RCA. Send it back for inspection and if we determine it was a factory defect we'll send you a new one, but what they don't take into consideration is how long you cannot drive your buggy if you don't have a spare part! RCA totally understood and did what they did to make me happy, and not so much to worry about a $5 part. That's what was so great about it.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

yeah i had the exact same experience with RC america and Amain. Top people!
Old 09-05-2008, 08:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Talking

Wow, that's awesome. I'm definitely gonna buy an X-Ray for my next car. Rock on RC America.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:36 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by josh_c
yeah i had the exact same experience with RC america and Amain. Top people!

Its funny you mentioned A-Main, because I got a bad item from A-main and they told me to call the Factory. They didn't want anything to do with me or my problem.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:12 PM
Tech Master

I had the same deal with Carolinas rc they sent me the wrong part in a batch of about 30 items & they overnighted the correct part & sent a return envelope.It was not a cheap part either like $35 ish I think. Glad to know the x-ray importer is more interested in his peeps & reputation than the hassle of a cheap part replacement.Just to let you know you can e-buy parts from them also & prices are reasonable too.I just went in with a buddy on his second order from them (my first).They had parts nobody else had in stock ,its just a little confusing getting through their websites but thats all changable if their e-shop pick up,I hope.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:52 PM
Tech Lord

Nice to hear there are other companies out there that also put their customers first. God knows we've all gotten the runaround more often than not
Old 09-05-2008, 10:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Man I so expected this thread to be completely about something else.

Nice to see a positive thread and positive experiance posted.

Good job xray - the 808 looks sweet too. : )
Old 09-06-2008, 12:01 AM
Tech Regular

RC America has always been a class in itslef when it comes to support. It's one big reason why I stick with Xray! Good job guys!
Old 09-06-2008, 02:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Just wanted to follow up on the CarolinasRC comment. I shop there in person weekly they are located down the street from The Farm. You talk about a great bunch of guys. Crazy, funny and they know there stuff more interested in selling you what you need not the most expensive stuff. They are never pushy and always willing to talk and just shoot the RC sh*t with you. They haven't jacked there nitro prices up ridiculously I know places where it's $50 a gallon now. Not to mention they got a ton of stuff to choose from. I wish everybody had a lhs like this one 10 mins from there house. I was almost done with RC'ing after my hobbytowne experiences. Imagine taking your buggy in a lhs and all the guys gathering around to inspect it. And all coming to the same conclusion its good you don't need anything weird I know. This shop lit my fire backup about RC'ing. I don't even price shop anymore unless it's a really expensive item. If they got it I just buy it from them. Peace of mind is priceless.
Old 09-06-2008, 03:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

That may seal my deal... i have been looking at the Xray hard, i can get a great great price via my little hobby shop sponsorship in the UK and i know how proven Xray are... to know there is a retailer in the U.S is loving some customer service... and distributes, so you know your chances of getting parts is high. I spend the same amount of time in both countries i can be comfortable running one car... hmmmm.

I have been running the RC8, and i can say i have only experianced good things with the customer service from AE as well as help and advice from the team guys. I love my RC8 but it's the only competitive car i have raced, and some working knowledge of the 808 can only help back home at the track and shop.

Good to see some positive feedback
Old 09-06-2008, 02:03 PM
Tech Addict

Talking

Yep, Rocco and the guys at RCAmerica are good people!

I wish RCA and Xray would support a west coast team, just to have more cars on the track would sell many more kits, we are drowning in Losi's out here. Every time I run my 808 a couple more convert, but if we had at least a 3 man team we could cover at least 3 tracks each weekend, and expose more racers to a higher quality alternative than the Losi car.

I know,... the Horizon/Losi juggernaut has a budget unlike anyone else (except maybe Kyosho), but again a small west coast team would be a good place to spend a marketing dollar,.. as it is the RC capital of the world and year round.

Just a thought...
Old 09-06-2008, 03:46 PM
Tech Regular

Here in the East coast, the 808 has replaced the Losi as the new club race winner. Anyone who gets to test drive it has nothing but great things to say about the car, and these are the guys driving Losi 8's.
Old 09-06-2008, 04:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Poppin Fresh
Here in the East coast, the 808 has replaced the Losi as the new club race winner. Anyone who gets to test drive it has nothing but great things to say about the car, and these are the guys driving Losi 8's.
What!!!

Now I am not taking a shot at Xray I give that buggy no the manufacture mad props. For a well designed and built buggy I like that buggy. But Replaced Losi Maybe in your area but not in the whole east coast the math on that does not even work out correctly. Losi out sells Xray 4:1. I'm not going to hijack a good thread about some good customer relations. However I don't think there is any or atleast many Xray people who even believe that. There are far to many type buggy's in the hands of great drivers not to mention. That field of great drivers run losi's at a rate of probally near the same mixed in with a bunch of various other brands. Many times I admit it's a game of #'s if you got a 10 car race with 4-5 being losi's well you do the math. Admitedly Xray wins it's fair share however so does everyone else. From Losi to Xray and everything in between.

For the record I don't ever want to see one brand become dominant. That would be to boring. I love the fact the MP9, Mug6, HBD8, 808, Losi 2.0 are all hitting the market near the same time. It makes for some flipping great racing on some great platforms. I love racers who love there brand and stick to there guns. It makes it more fun and all the more competitive. I don't elevate any driver beacause what he drives but how he drives what he drives. Actually I would think you guys would not want those bandwagon jumpers on your float. They just going to run to the next coming bandwagon those guys suck. I like beating you luxury buggy drivers and I detest getting beat by you. When I take a whipping from you guys and I have taken them it just makes me go back and practice harder and hone what really matters my skills. Which in the end the only real difference between any buggy is the driver!

p.s. I'm glad RCA treats you guys well it makes other companys have to step up.

Last edited by vladconnery; 09-06-2008 at 04:32 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.