Wiki Posts
Search

NICE DIRT TRACK IN HYDE PARK N.Y.

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 09:40 AM
Tech Addict

Cool

Originally Posted by raffaelli
If you don't build the T4 soon I am gonna start using it for parts!

Oh and don't trust your eye to do toe and camber.
If I remember correctly your guess was not that close either. I will build the T4 at the track on Friday and Saturday. Should also have the T3 ready for the race as well. I think I smell a challenge there!
Old 05-31-2009, 06:12 PM
Tech Addict

Cool

Another fun race day at Rampage. Thanks to all for being so patient during my daughters first race and for the help they gave me to keep the trucks running. It is a lot of work running three trucks. I cannot wait until Friday nights race(hope the rain stays away). Now I have to go work on my SC10. See you Friday, and as always a big thanks to Eric, Cory( I hope I got that right), and Rich for a good track and fun day!
Old 05-31-2009, 07:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Yes, another great day at Ramapage! The SC10 is getting closer. The 21.5 looks like the ticket in the Spec class. Ed your T3 was ripping!

Another Slash out the door for Walt!
See you Friday!
Old 06-02-2009, 05:58 PM
Tech Addict

Cool

Well I finally finished the T4. Don't worry I used gauges for the camber and toe. Looking forward to Friday night. Have to work on Sunday though. Made some serious setup changes to SC10. Hope to see everyone at Rampage Friday!
Old 06-09-2009, 07:41 PM
Tech Addict

Cool

I will not be able to be there Friday night. Doing a demonstration for a few local cub scout troops. Looking forward to sunday. I made some changes to my T3 and the T4 is itching to be run. Slash spec better look out I actually cleaned my Slash (it's about 5lbs lighter now). Made a few tweeks to the SC10 as well. Have a good week and I will see you Sunday!!!!
Old 06-10-2009, 06:06 AM
Tech Elite

Prepping for Friday Night!
Old 06-12-2009, 08:17 PM
Tech Elite

Rain sucks. try again Sunday.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Unhappy

This soggy weather is really getting annoying. We could have raced boats on parts of the track on sunday.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Krazy88
This soggy weather is really getting annoying. We could have raced boats on parts of the track on sunday.
For sure. And it was a beautiful day!

We talked about how to route a drainage system, seems like most of the materials are on site already. Hopefully in the next few weeks it can get installed. Looks like more soggy for this weekend also. i will be racing the 1:1 car this weekend so I probably wont be at the track.
Old 06-17-2009, 02:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Red face Track drainage

A plan has been layed out and Eric is outsourcing a bobcat as I write this. Hopefully we can get all of the digging and heavy labor done tonite while we have the use of the machine
Also, I'm in the process of aquiring a trash pump from a contractor buddy of mine. That should make quick work of any standing water that remains after a storm.
Hopefully this weather will hold out for Fri. Nite and Sunday for the races. Hope to see you all then.

Chris, good luck with the crx this weekend. Did you get the overheat/headgasket issue all sorted out ok?
Old 06-18-2009, 03:24 PM
Tech Elite

Yes, all sorted out. Last night I could not get good higher rpm timing, so about midnight I started pulling apart the timing belt to re-center stuff. About 2am go it right. At the track this morning, car work great, but.....started to get hot. I brought a new radiator with me, changed it at the track. Perfect. I am still here at the track checking on the car. Practiced all day in the rain today. You think rampage gets under water? You sould see this place. Ready for race day on Saturday.

Need a bobact for the pipe? Or are you 'fixing' the drainage? Any work is an improvement. Going to try to get there Friday night. See you then.
Old 06-18-2009, 08:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

Yeah somtimes you have to hold the cam pulley against the valve spring pressure to get the marks lined up perfect while installing the belt. Also when putting the belt on, you want to have all the slack on the tensioner side. That way when you release the tensioner it won't pull any of the pulleys off their marks and be off by a few degrees. Then finally once the belts all buttoned up, turn the engine over by hand two full revolutions(of the crank)and realign your marks. If any of the previous steps were even slightly off,the marks won't line up perfectly here. But if all the marks are dead nuts on then your good to go.
One other little trick is to disconnect the ECT sensor (the one for the ECU not for the gauge). The computer will think that the engine is cold and it will stay in open loop. It'll run like a raped ape, especially since your running open exhaust and that's leaning it out some up top anyway.

Sorry about the wrenching lessons. LOL. Just some of the tips and tricks I learned (some of them the hard way too!) When I was building and racing rice burners. Hope some of it helps.

Now that I'm waaaayy off topic here, back to our regularly scheduled program. Ha Ha!
No, we didn't need the Bobcat for the pipe. Eric used it to move that load of dirt Rich got and to back blade it out. Starting from the dogleg corner by the building all the way to the fence is about 8" higher now. All tapering down towards the center of the track. The pipe will be buried along the center into an existing drain pipe. It should be a big improvement in drainage, with the added benifit of much better track suface on that side. IE: no more skating rink dogleg! YaHoo!

I'm not sure if the track will be ready for Fri though. It will definately be good for sunday I think. Don't quote me on that but I would call Rich before hand just in case. Cross your fingers the rain stays the hell away.

See ya at the track.
Alan

Last edited by Krazy88; 06-18-2009 at 08:50 PM. Reason: wrong icon
Old 06-19-2009, 04:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

with the amount of rain predicted for the next ten days maybe we should think about running inside this weekend...get some cycles thru the little batteries seeing as there'll probably be no way to run outside....i'm down for it if everyone else is.
Old 06-19-2009, 06:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Krazy88
Yeah somtimes you have to hold the cam pulley against the valve spring pressure to get the marks lined up perfect while installing the belt. Also when putting the belt on, you want to have all the slack on the tensioner side. That way when you release the tensioner it won't pull any of the pulleys off their marks and be off by a few degrees. Then finally once the belts all buttoned up, turn the engine over by hand two full revolutions(of the crank)and realign your marks. If any of the previous steps were even slightly off,the marks won't line up perfectly here. But if all the marks are dead nuts on then your good to go.
One other little trick is to disconnect the ECT sensor (the one for the ECU not for the gauge). The computer will think that the engine is cold and it will stay in open loop. It'll run like a raped ape, especially since your running open exhaust and that's leaning it out some up top anyway.

Sorry about the wrenching lessons. LOL. Just some of the tips and tricks I learned (some of them the hard way too!) When I was building and racing rice burners. Hope some of it helps.

Now that I'm waaaayy off topic here, back to our regularly scheduled program. Ha Ha!
No, we didn't need the Bobcat for the pipe. Eric used it to move that load of dirt Rich got and to back blade it out. Starting from the dogleg corner by the building all the way to the fence is about 8" higher now. All tapering down towards the center of the track. The pipe will be buried along the center into an existing drain pipe. It should be a big improvement in drainage, with the added benifit of much better track suface on that side. IE: no more skating rink dogleg! YaHoo!

I'm not sure if the track will be ready for Fri though. It will definately be good for sunday I think. Don't quote me on that but I would call Rich before hand just in case. Cross your fingers the rain stays the hell away.

See ya at the track.
Alan
I still dont think that I have the belt right. I will bring it to someone smarter than me to sort it out

Sunday is out for me - Fathers Day.

Drainage sounds like it make big improvements! Didnt remember that pile of dirt on the side of the building but it will certainly help out if the entire track can be pitched to the drains. Need to put in a couple of sleeves in the above ground lanes pipes to allow water to move on the surface from lane to lane to the drain.
Old 06-20-2009, 10:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

Yeah Bill I'm down for indoor on Sun. I really wish this freaking weather would let up though. Its getting old.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.