Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tracks in Northern Virginia

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 01:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Tracks in Northern Virginia

I recently re-located to Northern Virginia (Woodbridge, specificly) and I'm looking to get back into R/C and start racing (preferably Offroad). I've searched this forum and a couple of other recources but couldn't come up with any current information.

Last edited by Sunshine86; 08-29-2008 at 08:07 AM.
Old 08-31-2008, 06:04 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Here is one in MD:

http://www.nuclear-rc.com/

Click on tracks and you will find links to some others.
Old 08-31-2008, 06:06 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

But some of the the best onroad tracks in the country are nearby as well.

www.301raceway.com for nitro.

The Track in Gaithersburg, MD for carpet, sorry don't have the link.
Old 08-31-2008, 09:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Awesome R/C is only about a half hour south and has a pretty kick ass offroad track. As far as onroad is concerned, you've got Lake Ridge Hobbytown USA that holds races on Sundays I think. 301 raceway is awesome as previously mentioned. There's also an offroad track in Winchester that has a pretty big crowd I think.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:14 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for the info, guys. I looked into Awesome R/C and I'm anxious to get down there and check it out. Does anyone know what classes the run? I also checked into The Track up in Gaithersburg and I'm really excited about trying my hand at 1/12th Stock (I've had a half-built CRC Bloody Knife lying around that I've neve gotten around to completing.). Thanks again.
Old 09-06-2008, 06:27 PM
Tech Regular

The track is definitely a good place for onroad racing. Awesome runs mostly 1/8 scale buggies and truggies offroad. Occasionally you might get some electrics or monster trucks out there I think, but you can definitely count on a buggy and truggy racing on weekends.
Old 09-06-2008, 07:25 PM
Tech Initiate

Hmm, I'm really looking to run Electric 2wd Buggy an Truck. I'm also going to check out Hobbytown's Sunday racing--I didn't realize I was so close. Though, unfortunately, I'm not to keen on touring car racing.
Old 09-07-2008, 02:46 PM
Tech Regular

[QUOTE=Sunshine86;4812196]Hmm, I'm really looking to run Electric 2wd Buggy an Truck./QUOTE]

Good luck. Haha. There used to be 2 racers that had 2wd trucks at Awesome just about every weekend but they moved and don't race at Awesome a whole lot anymore. They're out at the Winchester track more often now. Apparently last weekend there were about a half dozen guys from Richmond with brushless stadium trucks that showed up at Awesome looking for some racing, but I don't think they come around very frequently.

Here's some information on the track in Winchester...it's a bit of a hike but you might have a better chance at racing in a 2wd electric class.

http://www.myspace.com/svpowersliders
Old 09-25-2008, 07:59 PM
Tech Addict

yes not to many if any off road tracks in the area. I guess nobody wants to put in the effort anymore. but the track in woodbridge is 140x70 with amb lap counting you will need to be self powered also.
Old 11-26-2008, 08:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

theres an off road track in dayton va called the tiltyard they have been holding a new racing series called the nrl for the past 2 years its very fun and always a good turnout heres the website www.tiltyard.com or www.tilted1.com
Old 04-06-2009, 07:15 AM
Tech Rookie

Default New to RC life in Manassas

Originally Posted by Sunshine86
I recently re-located to Northern Virginia (Woodbridge, specificly) and I'm looking to get back into R/C and start racing (preferably Offroad). I've searched this forum and a couple of other recources but couldn't come up with any current information.
Unlike you I'm new to this but my love for it all is tremendous.My wife and I are moving into a house here in Manassas and we have 2.3 acres of land that I'm attempting to build a dirt race track so if you or any of your friends want to help me build a track please respond or call me anytime at 703-973-6770 thank you.