Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Front belt specs of various on-road sedans? >

Front belt specs of various on-road sedans?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Front belt specs of various on-road sedans?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 10:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default Front belt specs of various on-road sedans?

I'm looking to see if anyone can come up with a suitable substitute for a front belt for the HPI RS4-MT, part # A244. This part is discontinued by HPI and there isn't any old stock around that I can find. Ongoing, trying to keep this car running I'm going to have to find a replacement. The belt is 564mm with 188 teeth and is 5mm wide. The cogs are 3mm each. Can anyone chime in with a belt for another car that might come close. Any width between 3mm and 5mm will do. Any brand, Tamiya, Yokomo, Kyosho, Losi, Associated, etc. The car has a belt tensioner and it could probably take a belt that is 5mm longer or shorter or roughly 186t-190t. Anyone else have problems finding this belt? How long is the front belt for an associated TC5? None of the listing I've found give any specs. Any help is greatly appreciated. Also cross posted in Electric off-road.
Old 08-25-2008, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

that size is real tough. most of today's cars (since they are near copies in transmission specs/layout) are between 169-172t front, and 59-63t rear. they are all 3mm pitch (almost everything 1/10th scale is).

you may have to go outside of the r/c industry for it. try doing a search for 's3m564', and 'timing belts'.

try also:

www.fennerprecision.com
www.beltcorp.com

that should get you started. pity they don't keep 'consumables' around longer for those models.
Old 08-25-2008, 11:32 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beemerfan
I'm looking to see if anyone can come up with a suitable substitute for a front belt for the HPI RS4-MT, part # A244. This part is discontinued by HPI and there isn't any old stock around that I can find. Ongoing, trying to keep this car running I'm going to have to find a replacement. The belt is 564mm with 188 teeth and is 5mm wide. The cogs are 3mm each. Can anyone chime in with a belt for another car that might come close. Any width between 3mm and 5mm will do. Any brand, Tamiya, Yokomo, Kyosho, Losi, Associated, etc. The car has a belt tensioner and it could probably take a belt that is 5mm longer or shorter or roughly 186t-190t. Anyone else have problems finding this belt? How long is the front belt for an associated TC5? None of the listing I've found give any specs. Any help is greatly appreciated. Also cross posted in Electric off-road.
Here is one but its 6mm wide, you can always trim them down very carefully

product # 93903188 ,Part # 3MR-564-06

http://www.gatespowerpro.com/Comerge...TOKEN=68572846
Old 08-26-2008, 08:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default Thanks for the quick replies!

I hadn't even thought to look at industrial applications. It looks like I would be able to get hold of one if needed, although who knows whether the cost versus the desire to keep the car running would be worth it? For right now, I have one fairly worn belt and a new one on its way from http://www.hobbiesr.com. They might have the last one from old stock that anyone is going to be able to find on-line. We have a few hobby shops in the Chicago area that have been in business for 20+ years and none of them had one. So I was lucky to find this one. The web site is "simple" but the inventory was accurate. Thanks again for the help.