Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/12 Pan Brushless Lipo Rubber Tire Class? >

1/12 Pan Brushless Lipo Rubber Tire Class?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1/12 Pan Brushless Lipo Rubber Tire Class?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 12:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VenturaDC
Oh great another sandbagger in the sportsman class just playing with ya.
Not sandbagging, just sort of a statement. Too many moved to expert that really shouldn't. I was talking to Orrin who CAN give the experts a run for their money sometimes, but he made it clear that the majority of us couldn't hold a run against some of the guys that DO show up for expert. I myself included as I have a hard time holding with Orrin. I think it would be better if almost all "expert" that were bumped up went back to sportsman. It seems that now that some think they are expert, they are driving to hard to pass. There shouldn't be the hacking there was in expert class.

I may run expert when it really is just the club fast guys instead of everyone that was bumped up just because of a 5 race points series.
Old 08-23-2008, 02:09 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by syndr0me
My 1/24 pan car worked well on rubber tires. No insert, just low-profile grippy rubber on a wheel. Competition Mini-z tires I think.
That is a vastly different rubber then what is available in 1/10th or 1/12th scale today. Foams will probably work even better though and that is the crux of the issue. Until a rubber tire is developed that gives as good grip as foams then racers are not going to switch. So there is no development made on rubber tires in pan car as a result.
Old 08-23-2008, 09:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rezenclowd3
Not sandbagging, just sort of a statement. Too many moved to expert that really shouldn't. I was talking to Orrin who CAN give the experts a run for their money sometimes, but he made it clear that the majority of us couldn't hold a run against some of the guys that DO show up for expert. I myself included as I have a hard time holding with Orrin. I think it would be better if almost all "expert" that were bumped up went back to sportsman. It seems that now that some think they are expert, they are driving to hard to pass. There shouldn't be the hacking there was in expert class.

I may run expert when it really is just the club fast guys instead of everyone that was bumped up just because of a 5 race points series.
I understand, but dropping back to sportsman your just gonna be running with us slower guys that just moved up and have to deal with even more hacking, not complaining tho as i know if i was around cleaner driving i could prolly hang with our faster guys as i rarely take myself out but instead get taken out all the time by the few that should have stayed in the novice class. I think there needs to be a major reclassing of all the regulars based on lap times or somthing but either way Oh Well, When you coming back down? i wanna see if i can keep up.
Old 08-23-2008, 10:32 AM
Tech Elite

Essentially yes, move everyone around again to get the skill levels separated correctly. I don't know when I will be down again. Before next year? I need another $400 or so to run the pan car, and I won't be there till I am able to run both TC and pan on the same day.
Old 08-23-2008, 10:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rezenclowd3
Essentially yes, move everyone around again to get the skill levels separated correctly. I don't know when I will be down again. Before next year? I need another $400 or so to run the pan car, and I won't be there till I am able to run both TC and pan on the same day.
I think the classifications will settle out as long as the plan is carried out. After the big shuffle-up following the points series it was decided that everyone could declare their class for a couple of races, and after the race directors had a chance to scrutinize the results they would make adjustments as necessary. If they follow through, we'll see a smaller expert class, a smaller sportsman class, and a full A and B main in novice.
Old 08-23-2008, 11:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by reenmachine
I think the classifications will settle out as long as the plan is carried out. After the big shuffle-up following the points series it was decided that everyone could declare their class for a couple of races, and after the race directors had a chance to scrutinize the results they would make adjustments as necessary. If they follow through, we'll see a smaller expert class, a smaller sportsman class, and a full A and B main in novice.
I sure hope so.
Old 08-23-2008, 05:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

...so there's douchebag answer #2. Thanks. I never said I wanted to start another class or that I don't want to work on anything. Excuuuuuuuuuuse me for posing a hypothetical question about something I was curious about as someone somewhat new to R/C racing. Hopefully someday R/C Jesus will appear to me and bestow upon me ultimate insight and knowledge as he apparently has to you. Then I, too, can stop asking questions and just appear from the swirling mist to drop pearls of wisdom upon the slobbering masses and boast of how easily I won the Grand Championship of the Universe. Maybe then I'll understand "phyics and psi" as well!

Relax "grasshopper", in time you will understand. It is said that "If you listen and watch, you will learn". Not all questions need to be asked. And contrary to popular belief, there are dumb questions.
Old 08-23-2008, 06:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Tire Chunker
I would suggest a video game version of 12th racing to take all the hassle, broken parts and work out of the hobby.
.and fun...don't forget to get rid of the fun...........
Old 08-23-2008, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by KE4PJO
Relax "grasshopper", in time you will understand. It is said that "If you listen and watch, you will learn". Not all questions need to be asked. And contrary to popular belief, there are dumb questions.
Why is it only the 12th scale guys giving the dickhead answers? Are you guys actually as pretentious as everyone says you are?
Old 08-23-2008, 07:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Why is it only the 12th scale guys giving the dickhead answers? Are you guys actually as pretentious as everyone says you are?
I guess I didn't realise that you weren't old enough to know the "grasshopper" line. You don't know me, so why would you want to get into the name calling. I think you wanted to say arrogant, not pretentious, and yes I am that. LMAO But then I've been racing all these classes for so many years, I've earned some arrogance.You really need to sit back, learn to recognise sarcasm. With your jumpy attitude, I would suggest that you, young man, might be the "dickhead".

Last edited by KE4PJO; 08-23-2008 at 08:01 PM.
Old 08-23-2008, 08:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by KE4PJO
I guess I didn't realise that you weren't old enough to know the "grasshopper" line. You don't know me, so why would you want to get into the name calling. I think you wanted to say arrogant, not pretentious, and yes I am that. LMAO But then I've been racing all these classes for so many years, I've earned some arrogance.You really need to sit back, learn to recognise sarcasm. With your jumpy attitude, I would suggest that you, little boy, are the "dickhead".
Oh for Christ's sake. The fact is, I started a thread to ask a simple question I was curious about. I got a few honest answers that made sense and taught me something, and several that implied that I am lazy and unmotivated for not necessarily wanting to dick with foam tires. Then you came along assuming I must be an ignorant child for not instantly respecting you because you choose to dick with foam tires. Next, because I chose to ignore your insults veiled in a lame, played-out pop-culture reference you got your panties in a bunch and insulted me further. I'm probably about your age, I just don't choose to hold that over people's heads as a supposed sign of superiority.
Old 08-24-2008, 06:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Well did you get an answer that made sense? Although the thread jumped off track there for a bit I did manage to get the idea the weight is too low on 1-12th for the rubber tires to work. I've seen 1-10th pancar versions this weekend and compared to the foams they just lacked both forward bite and steering.
Old 08-24-2008, 07:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by scootr117
Well did you get an answer that made sense? Although the thread jumped off track there for a bit I did manage to get the idea the weight is too low on 1-12th for the rubber tires to work. I've seen 1-10th pancar versions this weekend and compared to the foams they just lacked both forward bite and steering.
Yes, that was the gist of the answer when you boiled off all the other noise. Some sort of attempt was made in the past with a rubber cap (not a proper rubber tire mind you) that was generally held to have been a failure. It seems that not much else has been tried. For some reason the pan car guys say it's impossible. I think there just hasn't been the demand. If the market were demanding a rubber tire that would work on a pan car there would be one, or rather many competing types. That demand isn't there at the present. I'm not saying that the demand should be there, I'm just sayin'.

Enough already.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:36 AM
CDW
Tech Adept

Scootr did not "boil off" the subject. He was refering to a post that I made earlier in the thread. He in fact gave you the answer you wanted. So, now that this stupied thread has been solved, It's time for you to start another one

Yes, that was the gist of the answer when you boiled off all the other noise. Some sort of attempt was made in the past with a rubber cap (not a proper rubber tire mind you) that was generally held to have been a failure. It seems that not much else has been tried. For some reason the pan car guys say it's impossible. I think there just hasn't been the demand. If the market were demanding a rubber tire that would work on a pan car there would be one, or rather many competing types. That demand isn't there at the present. I'm not saying that the demand should be there, I'm just sayin'.

Enough already.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:11 AM
Tech Master

Location: Oreganastan Pacific Wonderland home to Indoor Farming

Just surfin' thru the 12th topics........you guys got a good one going here.
Locally, 3 cars makes a class on club nite........12th on rubber has got to beat "Slashes" on carpet?

Expansion of the Universe came from someone stretching something......

KE4PJO de KD7MGF

some will get it, most won't

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.