eZRUN brushless system

Old 10-25-2008, 12:52 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vlozity
its 2.5cm or 25mm.
Thanks for the info.
Iīm not sure but maybe just removing the fan, itīs still to high for using in 1/12 scale car with those low height bodies. Iīm just waiting for my 1/12 scale car to arrive so donīt know exactly.
Now I saw after looking again at the picture from the eZRUN ESC there are screws on the heatsink. Someone knows if itīs possible running the ESC even without heatsink as itīs possible with some other ESC like the LRP Sphere.
Motor will be 9.5T brushless on 4 cells. Or did someone run the ESC in the 1/12 scale already?
Old 10-25-2008, 12:16 PM
Tech Elite

I would imagine that you could run without a heatsink, but with a fan. or maybe, if you had some kind of air duct, a single small heatsink (like the kind used for RAM chips in pc's)
Old 10-25-2008, 12:25 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by scottwhat12
argh soz about being a retard . had a big night last night and my heads still out of it from the tequila lol .

i worked it out now and got it going forward properly . but i still have a problem when i pick it up and just let the wheels spin freely in the air it absolutely flys but once i put it on the ground it either doesnt move or it just jutters along . is it something wrong with 1 of the esc settins like with the program card? any help would be nice

thanks
Sounds to me like you have the motor well over geared, what fdr are you running, and what fdr do they recommend for the motor esc combo?
Old 10-25-2008, 04:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cannon
Are you just stupid or a bit slow?

Read the instructions. If the motor runs backward simply reverse two of the wires from the ESC to the motor
Yeah nice "suggestion" Cannon.. but there are 3 wires from the motor to the ESC..

So in your own NICE language who is stupid or a bit slow????

Jezzzz
Old 10-25-2008, 05:13 PM
V12
Tech Elite

On a 3 phase motor, it doesnīt matter if itīs our brushless motors or a big AC motor, it really is just necessary switching 2 wires if the motor runs backwards. It doesnīt matter which of the wires youīre switching. Of course this is just right for sensorless motors/ESC.
Old 10-25-2008, 05:30 PM
Tech Addict

Well as requested here is my 9t 35a combo installed in my 4wd offroad.

MR4-BC belt drive.

The install was easy.. size was great.. start up is good.. I used just the default settings and I would not say it JUMPs.. but maybe thats the fact that the motor is not super over powering for the car.

I took it out and ran it.. I like the power.. the acceleration is good.. not stupid.. but this is going to be better than the brushed motors I am running.. so I think for what I paid.. I am going to be very happy with this.

Tonight it was about 10š outside - and I ran it up and down the street pretty good for 7-8 mins.. I picked it up and put my finger on the motor.. just warm.. so vents are working great.. yes it wont be that cold racing.. but I was zoom-ing er.. and not past warm.

Last edited by Bikerbob; 10-25-2008 at 06:05 PM.
Old 10-25-2008, 07:17 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for the info Bikerbob!
What brushed motor equivalent would you say it feels like??
So overall, you'd say the 35A with 9t if geared properly should be able to handle a 4wd 1/10 buggy right!?

Last edited by paulicat; 10-25-2008 at 07:32 PM.
Old 10-25-2008, 07:34 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by paulicat
Thanks for the info Bikerbob!
So overall, you'd say the 35A with 9t if geared properly should be able to handle a 4wd 1/10 buggy right!?
Well it feels like a really well tuned 19t or 15t on the road.. it pulls hard.. but straight.. so the power is not sooo wicked as to make it squirly.

I would agree with what others have said.. Gearing.. and surface.

If you hvy load this 35a 380 motor.. I would say your in trouble. Now the ESC has a temp cut off.. but it can't draw heavy current over a long period.. So loose dirt, sand, long grass etc.. your not going to see good power and you might strain it.

I think I will do just fine on carpet indoor offroad.

AT WORST - you get an esc you can use with Votex or Speed Passion or even Mamba motors - and a motor you MIGHT burn out.. but hey its a $40 motor??

James
Old 10-26-2008, 04:36 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

finally i got this thing setup and i have the 60a esc and 5.5t in my tt01 . man does it fly , the tires balloon like crazy and even with them glued on they rip off every so and so lol . im really pleased with it i just have to get the new steering setup for the tt01 because at high speed this thing is uncontrollable lol . and it seems to loose the back end to . any 1 got an idea how to fix this on the tt01?
Old 10-26-2008, 06:29 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by scottwhat12
finally i got this thing setup and i have the 60a esc and 5.5t in my tt01 . man does it fly , the tires balloon like crazy and even with them glued on they rip off every so and so lol . im really pleased with it i just have to get the new steering setup for the tt01 because at high speed this thing is uncontrollable lol . and it seems to loose the back end to . any 1 got an idea how to fix this on the tt01?
YEP.. trade me your 5.5t for my 9t.. that will most defiantly help your control issue!

James
Old 10-27-2008, 05:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default program card

OK dumb question. I am new to the brushless thing. I know how to hook it up but what kind of battery do you hook into the program card to program it. It says not to use more than a 6volt. I guess I need a crash course on these.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ghj1997
OK dumb question. I am new to the brushless thing. I know how to hook it up but what kind of battery do you hook into the program card to program it. It says not to use more than a 6volt. I guess I need a crash course on these.
Hook up the esc to the battery and plug the wire that goes to the receiver in the the card wait 3 or 4 secs and set it up

Make sure you plug it in the right way in to the one with the three symbols
Old 10-28-2008, 08:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Guys,

2 things -

1- regarding changing wires, has anyone done it so far? the stock motor wires are stiff as heck, which makes it a pain to cable properly in some instances... how does one proceed to change the wires?

2- Has anyone tried one of the ezrun controllers with other more mainstream motors? I read swhere that the ezrun motors were delta-wound whereas all the more common others (orion, sp, LRP, ...) are star-wound... can anyone confirm?

thanks for the help,
Paul
Old 10-28-2008, 11:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Drifting101
Hook up the esc to the battery and plug the wire that goes to the receiver in the the card wait 3 or 4 secs and set it up

Make sure you plug it in the right way in to the one with the three symbols
manual specifically says unplug the battery and remove the esc wire from reciever, plug the esc wire to the card and then plug the battery.

manual tells you not to get part B and C mixed up. has anyone actually gotten into trouble connecting the battery first before the card?
Old 10-28-2008, 05:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vlozity
manual specifically says unplug the battery and remove the esc wire from reciever, plug the esc wire to the card and then plug the battery.

manual tells you not to get part B and C mixed up. has anyone actually gotten into trouble connecting the battery first before the card?
Oooops i plug my battery in first i supose aslong as you dont mess up the polarity it should be ok

BTW i treid this esc with brushed it is quick but brakes are forward as well

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.