Old 10-11-2003, 06:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Brian, yes I will be going to pasadena for the trophy race
Old 10-13-2003, 06:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

KC sure you will

congradulations to mike odonnell for not only bumping from the B to the A at VA beach but for getting 3rd in the A main GREAT JOB

i hope my luck isnt so bad for the pasadena finisher but i bet it will because i think im going to be late because my son has a soccer game that morning

i cant forget to mention bob chartos after nearly missing the entire season went to VA beach and TQ'ed and WON BOTH A mains for 1/10 truck and buggy
Old 10-14-2003, 03:42 PM
Tech Champion

Jason thats not even right!!!!! What did finish at VA. beach? Hopefully I will have my p5 by the time for the trophy race, Have you heard when the Sirio Kanai engine is cominig out?
Old 10-15-2003, 06:03 PM
Tech Elite

KC as far as VA beach i qualified horribly (had problems 1st and 2nd rounds and choked in the 3rd) and was 17th the C main top qualifier in the C main i pulled out to over a lap lead early and put it in cruise control in the B main i got shuffled to the back early then started making my way back toward the front unfortunately i flamed out 3 times after pit stops and couldnt grab one of the A main bump up spots like mike did and had to settle for the B-main 1st place trophy (which was pretty damn nice) taking the spot from warren govan on the last lap

my luck for the whole trip was really bad

first we had bad weather

then i had a wreck in the first round where the marshal ran 1/2 way to the car upside down stopped turned went to another car that had died way after i flipped picked it up and carried it to the car owner while i watched everyone drive away

then i had problems finding a hotel room there were soccer players everywhere and i forgot also the sniper trial in VA beach

then when i went out to get something to eat i had a car accident

then sunday morning (after cutting my exhaust pie off with my dremel because it was nearly closed shut in the accident) i went out for my 2nd round qualifier and in the warm-up somebody hit me head on while driving down the staight (he was going the wrong way for some reason) ripping the front end apart and putting me out of that qualifier which was the fastest round track conditions were great for turning fast laps

then in the 3rd round i CHOKED big time wrecked numerous times and basically just shot myself in the foot and sending myself straight to the C-main

despite all that happened though i really did have a good time and plan to go again next year and maybe even to the race in december
Old 10-15-2003, 06:05 PM
Tech Elite

oh and as far as a kanai sirio ive never heard of that before and i wouldnt recommend it anyway the sirio engines are still problematic IMO
Old 10-15-2003, 08:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

chad phillips was running the new kanai edition sirio a couple of weekends ago up at pasadena and it seemed pretty damn good. But must also keep in mind that it does not cost him a penny to run it.
the new Kanai edition is ABC. the prior sirio was aac so it seemed to have some problems.

check it out http://www.wildhobbies.com/news/defa...articleid=1060
Old 10-16-2003, 05:34 AM
Tech Elite

I've been running the Sirio engine Chad gave me and have about 4 gallons through it. I must say, it rips pretty good right now. You'll see first hand next Saturday when I laydown the power. I just hope the car will last 1 more day. hahahaha That engine has ran great for the last 2 gallons. I think I figured out what the problem was. Last time I ran it, I ran it very hard and I decided to temp it for the first time after over a gallon of fuel being ran through it and it was 205!!!! I was very suprized to only have it at 205. The way the topend is, you'd think it was 250+!!!! Hope to see all the guys there at Pasadena.
Old 10-16-2003, 08:52 AM
Tech Elite

but greg the sirio engine you have has a novarossi carb on it and if im not mistaken a regular plug

i think i overheard chad say that if you attempt to run the sirio any leaner than the 205 range it wont run right

i guess that sirio engines may eventually be proven performers but for now i just dont think that they are worth the problems

i had a sirio .12 and it ran great for a while but then it started to have really wierd tuning problems i decided to switch to a nova carb and the problems were gone and it ran really well

but i knew that if i kept running it i was running the high risk of blowing the con rod (everyone i knew who had one blew a rod)

and the fact i had to buy an engine then buy another carb to get it to run right added to all the problems ive seen others have with them has driven me to the conclusion they just werent worth the trouble

but they are very fast when they run right
Old 10-16-2003, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 162 (100%+)

KC and Ski- are you gouys goin to stop by the shop on saturday?? Let me know if you guys want to go out there and run.
Old 10-16-2003, 11:22 AM
Tech Initiate

brian, we have micro racing on saturday. no outdoor racing while that is going on. what's up for sunday?
Old 10-16-2003, 01:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 162 (100%+)

oh really, well i dont know about sundy then, you want to go to pasadena right....hmmm, im not very sure at all. At this point i dont think it will fly. But for the trophy race we can take my van and everyone can pile in, take out the very back seat and there is tons of room for stuff and people. Let me know if that sounds like a plan, KC you too.
Old 10-16-2003, 04:17 PM
Tech Elite

Jason, correct but I must say, it's running very well with the carb and standard plug. The topend rips so much that you'd think the rod is coming out the case. hahahaha
Old 10-16-2003, 07:01 PM
Tech Elite

Hey Jason, you going to let me wheel your X5 next Saturday?? I might be joining you guys in the Mugen camp next season.
Old 10-17-2003, 02:03 PM
Tech Elite

yeah greg i know exactly what you mean about the top end the .12 engines would rev up like that and actually blow the rod so be carefull

maybe i will let you run it if we get a chance after or before the race but i know i wont be early and i have a feeling it may be dark before we finish

are you sure you want to risk it you may throw your kanai out the window on your ride home which could lead to a hefty littering fine
Old 10-17-2003, 05:18 PM
Tech Champion

Damn Jason sounds like you had some terrible luck, Brian yeah that sounds like a plan, tell your dad sorry I was short with him on the phone earlier I was in the middle of putting clear on a all over paint job, and me and my boss were having words. Javier are you a daddy again? Jason I also would like to try your mbx5 out

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.