Search

Corally C10X 200mm World GT car

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 04:04 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gramm
So when can I buy one?
They've been available for some time. I've had mine for a couple of months. I bought mine as a 235mm and bought the F1 axle and hubs to make it 200mm. I also grabbed some turnbuckles from another car as the kit ones do not go short enough to run 200mm.

I've only had the chance to run it twice but after a few changes I'm extremely happy with it. I switched to angled servo mounts and an X-ray centre shock (and spring). Running anything other than Corally rear wheels means finding screws that will fit inside the wheels and be long enough. Not a big deal but a pain when you find out the hard way at a race like I did.
Old 01-27-2009, 04:51 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Rob Burns
They've been available for some time. I've had mine for a couple of months. I bought mine as a 235mm and bought the F1 axle and hubs to make it 200mm. I also grabbed some turnbuckles from another car as the kit ones do not go short enough to run 200mm.

I've only had the chance to run it twice but after a few changes I'm extremely happy with it. I switched to angled servo mounts and an X-ray centre shock (and spring). Running anything other than Corally rear wheels means finding screws that will fit inside the wheels and be long enough. Not a big deal but a pain when you find out the hard way at a race like I did.
Oh. I was expecting a 200mm car as a kit but I guess it's a conversion (and I haven't heard much about it elsewhere). I thought the first photos looked like something other than the 235mm chassis though but I guess I'm wrong. Still it would be cool to do.

Let us know how it goes.

Daniel
Old 01-27-2009, 05:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Taz_S
that the point i made that they have no clue about the rules that have been in place for over 20 year.
Taz, its a new class with new rules. It seems this thread is aimed at the WGT rule set and those interested in that market. 1/10 pan has been dead in my area for 10 years or more except for oval. I think this car along with the other chassis aimed at the 200mm width are dead on. We're going to start a class that the drivers like, so it will be WGT rules except we're running 21.5 BL and lipo. I hope to compete against this car with a GT1 or GT2 body on it.

The only thing I don't like about this chassis is that it will require a saddle pack if and when lipo for this class is generally accepted. But, that could be turned into a balancing positive. Regardless, This kit will be top notch. Corally never turns out junk.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Calling all pan car dudes in the Los Angeles area. I am trying to get a core of guys that want to run pan cars at least once a month at Crystal Park Raceway. At the moment we meet for racing the 3rd Saturday of the month. I want to push for the pro 10 class but willing to go World GT if the majority rules. The track as you will see is a nice big track and would be ideal for Pro 10. Currently I am running Novak 3.5r, lipo. But again as stated I can easily swap to a 10.5 or 17.5 for World GT. Let me know if you are in the area and see if we can meet up any weekend for practice before racing.

Flyer

Here are some recent pictures of the track and of my car:

One of the nitro guys I see at the track running an electric touring car

Old 04-07-2009, 12:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
Taz, its a new class with new rules. It seems this thread is aimed at the WGT rule set and those interested in that market. 1/10 pan has been dead in my area for 10 years or more except for oval. I think this car along with the other chassis aimed at the 200mm width are dead on. We're going to start a class that the drivers like, so it will be WGT rules except we're running 21.5 BL and lipo. I hope to compete against this car with a GT1 or GT2 body on it.

The only thing I don't like about this chassis is that it will require a saddle pack if and when lipo for this class is generally accepted. But, that could be turned into a balancing positive. Regardless, This kit will be top notch. Corally never turns out junk.
sorry but it now a new class it been around for a long time.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Technically, youre both right. 1/10 pan cars have been around for a long time (235mm mostly) but the 200mm WGT is the newest class of pan cars so you are both right to a degree. 235mm cars are becoming available agan (although not from the mainstream manufacturers) but I think that for 235mm to be successful again it will take a growth in the 200mm class as well
Old 04-07-2009, 02:06 PM
Tech Master

Well I am doing my part to push world gt or pro 10 here in Los Angeles. Though feels like a loosing battle. Where are all the pan car kits being sold? None here in Los Angeles. I know Taz and some of the northern guys seem to have a handful or more of pan car guys.

Taz how are things looking for pan car racing in your neck of the woods?
Old 04-16-2009, 11:41 AM
Tech Master

Ok folks it's that time of the month to meet up at Crystal Park Raceway. If you have debating if you should go and take your pan car out of the closet, well make it this weekend. Bring what you have, lets just have fun. If not enough pan car guys show, will be put in with a touring class so don't worry about not being able to participate. If your driving skills are not up to par, well mines are not up to par either just having fun. Remember unfortunately next month we will not have a meeting at Crystal Park as nitro racing is going on and took our spot. If you still cannot make this weekends race hit me up if you can make it any other weekend for some bashing/practice time and will meet up.

Here is the flyer for this Saturday's race so bring your pan car, touring, nitro.

One of the nitro guys I see at the track running an electric touring car
Old 04-19-2009, 07:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

I really like the car and will get one but,it is very expensive for a pan car? $325 at Stormer? I want to park my old Trinity cars and get a car I can get parts for
Old 04-20-2009, 09:32 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hairymuffin
I really like the car and will get one but,it is very expensive for a pan car? $325 at Stormer? I want to park my old Trinity cars and get a car I can get parts for
You can try here (note that price is in Canadian Dollars):
http://www.t-bang.ca/catalog/product...c1c60058661342

Having said that. T-bang did close their doors earlier this month so you might want to try emailing [email protected] to see if they're still selling what they have left over.