NITRO Tc3

Old 09-01-2003, 08:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default NITRO Tc3

I am going to buy a nitro tc3. What are some good parts and hop ups to get for it. I am going to race it and want it light, to look good and be fast. I currently have a mtx 3 for sale its on ebay. If your interested let me know.
Old 09-01-2003, 09:02 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

why are you selling the MTX 3?......

The tc3 has different qualities then the MTX 3(or any of the belt cars)....driving wise,durability wise,etc....

The Mugen,from what I read,is a good car....so is the the tc3..just different....
Old 09-01-2003, 01:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

well, i want to try something different. My cars 2 spd. needs to be adjusted, but i would like to run the tc3. I raced my buddies and my lap times were almost 1.5 seconds faster. Know anybody interested in a mtx3? It will come w/ rossi pixi outlaw (about 1 1/2 gallons through inlcuding break-in.) spare parts (Knuckles and a-arms) aluminum a-arms (only front upper installed) 3-racing hop ups etc...? I really need to sell it to get a tc3. I would like to have it up and running in a few weeks for a new season.
Old 09-01-2003, 01:14 PM
Tech Regular

HEY! I'm intrested in your mtx-3, can you shoot me a email at [email protected]? Price and pics if possible. Thanx!
Old 09-01-2003, 01:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

i would stay with the mtx-3.
Old 09-01-2003, 01:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by mtx3racer
well, i want to try something different. My cars 2 spd. needs to be adjusted, but i would like to run the tc3. I raced my buddies and my lap times were almost 1.5 seconds faster. Know anybody interested in a mtx3? It will come w/ rossi pixi outlaw (about 1 1/2 gallons through inlcuding break-in.) spare parts (Knuckles and a-arms) aluminum a-arms (only front upper installed) 3-racing hop ups etc...? I really need to sell it to get a tc3. I would like to have it up and running in a few weeks for a new season.
you mean your lap times were faster with the tc3?....
Old 09-01-2003, 01:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

yes
Old 09-01-2003, 01:40 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Then why don't you adjust your two speed? Shifting in a bad spot alone can cost you several tenths, and if you play with your setup, im sure you can be just as fast with the MTX-3.

If you want a TC3, then go for it, but droping a good car just because you ran a little faster in someone else's car isnt the best thing to do. If i did that, I might not be driving my losi electric sedan right now. If I'm faster with another car, i use that as an eye opener, so i know i need to tune something..
Old 09-01-2003, 01:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

i fully agree w/ you. I have been a mugen man since the beginning and i would like to try something different
Old 09-01-2003, 01:52 PM
RCTech Member #2

i fully agree w/ you. I have been a mugen man since the beginning and i would like to try something different
Thats cool..

Thats sort-of the same reason I bought my mugen. I was looking for something different to do during the summer. I needed a break from electric.
Old 09-01-2003, 01:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by TSR6
Then why don't you adjust your two speed? Shifting in a bad spot alone can cost you several tenths, and if you play with your setup, im sure you can be just as fast with the MTX-3.

If you want a TC3, then go for it, but droping a good car just because you ran a little faster in someone else's car isnt the best thing to do. If i did that, I might not be driving my losi electric sedan right now. If I'm faster with another car, i use that as an eye opener, so i know i need to tune something..
Exactly! I mean every car needs quite a few tweaks for it to work properly on any track. I bought my car used from the best racer at our track, but I still needed to do some tweaks for it to work best for me.
Has your friend tried running your car? Did he feel it needed work? If so, get to it! I say this because it is easy for some to get in the mindset that whatever car they have, there is a better one out there. That mindset costs a lot of money and aggrevation.

I mean, I run an MTX2, and its all I can afford for the time, but I still do extremely well even with my 'restriction' to the old chassis and a standard 3 port engine (when others in the modified class run locally have modified 5 port turbos).
Old 09-01-2003, 02:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

he said that it felt better than his, but his car suites my driving style. the tc3 i think will suite my style better
Old 09-01-2003, 02:07 PM
Tech Master

Trade cars or something !
Old 09-01-2003, 02:08 PM
RCTech Member #2

he said that it felt better than his, but his car suites my driving style. the tc3 i think will suite my style better
Maybe the two of you should a trade!

edit: Lazy... you snuck that one in on me! Wasnt there when i clicked reply..hehe
Old 09-01-2003, 02:18 PM
Tech Elite

I agree with Tsr....

You should try getting your Mugen running right before you take a loss on the Mugen,and spend more on a tc3..(and thats coming fron a guy who loves my 2 nitro tc3s)..

Of course,I like to try new things also..

Thats why theres a new HPI r 40 on my bench as we speak.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.