Search

Outback RC near Marengo, IL

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 08:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default Outback RC near Marengo, IL

See outbackrc.com

Electric-only offroad. Soft dirt. Cost is always $0.00 (free).
Old 08-12-2008, 02:10 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default No Nitro, awwww

Hey Bob:
Still hoping your track will allow a 1/16 Scale "Nitro" buggy. Free is the key word. Xtreme R/C which just opened is pricey. But---they allow Nitro!
Just busting your balls a little.
I think it is great you built a nice track for everybody to enjoy--free of charge. Someday I will pick-up an electric to run out there. Mabey ChicagoKenji has one. He oozes electricity.
Old 08-12-2008, 04:17 AM
Tech Elite

Hi. NP. That is just the balance of nature, isn't it? Free, but no nitro. Nitro, but at normal cost. Hmmm.... I am planning to get a scoring system in during September (iLap). Just extended the modular drivers stand last night. I am looking into the idea of integrating a dirt oval for 2009. The other place in Marengo, Extreme, has some really nice looking dirt. Call it a good problem -- deciding which track to visit each week.
I guess I have never heard of a free track before, but I have heard of plenty of closed tracks. I figured I have a few choices:
1) regular business model -- pay commercial rent, business insurance, etc. Headaches and costs, and several go out of business. Could lose thousands easily
2) host on my own property and charge -- could turn a buck or break even. Exposure to zoning and insurance problems. At least can keep the IRS happy if I keep good books.
3) eat a couple or three grand plus a few hundred a year (porta-potty cleaning and Round Up), have homeowners insurance in effect, be free from zoning infractions, focus on racing.
Old 08-15-2008, 07:28 AM
Tech Elite

The track will be open for running this Sunday, 17 August. Start showing up around 10:30am.
Old 08-28-2008, 05:14 AM
Tech Elite

Default September 7

The track will be open September 7. The scoring system is in place and needs to be broken in -- iLap transponders are needed to race and a small supply is on hand on consignment ($35).