Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BLADE TYPE SWAY BAR SET-UP TIPS????

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 03:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Arrow BLADE TYPE SWAY BAR SET-UP TIPS????

Does anyone know the correct way to set-up blade type sway bars??? Do you take the shocks off?, how do i use the adjusting cams on the sway bar mounts?? ETC. I have a G4s and i just can't seem to get the rear set properly. Any tips would be great
Old 08-10-2008, 05:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by freestyles
Does anyone know the correct way to set-up blade type sway bars??? Do you take the shocks off?, how do i use the adjusting cams on the sway bar mounts?? ETC. I have a G4s and i just can't seem to get the rear set properly. Any tips would be great
The blade bar is nowhere near as complicated as you might imagine, and rarely causes tweak unless you're just completely off. You will need a way of measuring droop.

Remove the shocks, check the distance at the middle of the bar where it meets to ensure it is inline with the middle of your car and not fully pressed in binding. The arms should be very free but move together at this point.

For the front (or rear if the g4s has them), use the eccentric bushings to adjust the bars position on the arm, to bring the arms level with eachother (different than downstops because this helps with up travel as well)

You can use the downstops (on a RRR anyway) that are right above the blade bars on the inside of the bulkheads to set their overall downtravel.

Then you just spin the blades in some direction | / --, or anywhere in between. -- will give you the least sway bar action (in a way, removing traction from that end of the car) and | will give you the most.

If you are finding that the bar is hard to adjust because it always feels too stiff, you need to thin the blades out and make them softer or go to a full wire bar (which I do often on low traction tracks because the RRR blade is heavier than all of the bar options)
Old 08-10-2008, 05:46 AM
Tech Addict

its easier to run the standard "wire" type it requires no adjusting and works just as well. at least it does on my rrr