Wiki Posts
Search

What is the best new 13.5 out there.

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 04:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trailranger
Sending one motor back can be costly if upgrading the motor or exchanging for a different winding. Replacing a dead motor is well worth it.

I just recently sent in two motors. 10.5 and 3.5, both completely dead from user error and rotor failure. About two weeks later, I had two motors back in hand.

I did an direct exhange for the 10.5 and Swapped the 3.5 for a 6.5. My bill was $95 total inculding shipping or $48 a motor. Novaks exhange service makes sense to me. I had two completely dead motors that needed replaced and I saved $70 compared to buying new at $80 a piece.

If you don't like Novak's customer service, then mail me your dead motors. I'll even pay the shipping.
Hey man Im not bashing, just stating that its not 45%. If you want a re-manufactured I guess the 35 plus costs which comes to 48 like you said. What was the cost to ship back to novak? But if you race and want a new motor, just buy new. Till you ship back motor $8, $50 for new motor (replacement program cost 35+15) $5 processing fee, $8 to ship back and it takes 2 weeks. Total $73. That's a joke not a replacement program. I have actually shipped motors back for replacement and when customer service called with cost I told em to keep em. You can see if you can get those, and if your serious I am willing to dig up some motors for you. Several of my racers at my track dumped their broken Novaks. My email is [email protected] drop me a line and we will see what we can do for you. I think most are 13.5 SS ribbed can with red tab. There are 5 or more

LRP on the other hand, no cost to me. I had a speedo replaced and not just replaced upgraded for free (they didnt have my speedo in stock so their policy is to bump up not make you wait). That's a warranty! Same with a repair. 2 Weeks no cost on a 3 year old speedo. Motors, i dont know I dont run LRP their motors.

All in all I can tell you this, if my new setup doesnt rip like my novak Ill be buying a novak again. Hey novak 2 if you have anything to do with the company are there plans in changing sensor wire setup? That is the major downfall of all the junk motors I have. Not fried. Im just a small track owner and when I ship a motor back and it costs me more to send back than buy new my cost it gets me fired up. Just to repair the wires. Plus on the exchange you are not getting your motor back. I like how I take care on my motors and how they run. Long post sorry.

Last edited by Victory Side; 08-12-2008 at 04:22 AM. Reason: wrong wording
Old 08-12-2008, 08:14 AM
Company Representative

VictorySide

PM me if you want us to take care of any of the old Novak motors sitting around. Motors returned for service cannot be repaired. They are completely disassembled and rebuilt---all damaged parts including the rotor, end bell and sensor boards/harnesses are replaced with new. They are RMF by the same employees and undergo the same testing as new motors. So you are not getting someone's old motor back.

Our standard policy is to substitute a new product for a service transaction if RMF is not available. Therefore a considerable number of replaced/exchanged items are brand new which speeds up the service time. If we do not have a RMF replacement within @3 shop days, we replace it from our new products inventory. Our flat service charge is not per item, but for the entire number of items serviced at the same time.

Give us another chance to replace the old motors that you have.
Old 08-12-2008, 04:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

losi 13.5's and hackers are the fastest i've seen.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

i feel the best motors are by far the LRP 13.5 stock spec, if running an lrp speedo theres no other option than to run an lrp motor, they match up perfect.
I've been running this setup in my RDX PHI and it's blazing fast, i currently have the track record on our local track up here in Vermont, and i've been messing with gearing every week and it only keeps getting faster!