Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fukuyama Batteries

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2003, 06:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

how about a pack for racers outside US??? For those who havent got a chances to order due to no dealer in their country yet??
ummm..... Jimmy,... get me a sample pack.....
Old 10-15-2003, 07:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default free batts...

idea for giving away batteries...

1. Racers post pics of race results. those placing 1st in the A Main win (I know most tracks around here print out results and if you have a digital camera you could snap a pic).

2. Best paint scheme on a race body incorporating the Fukuyama decals or logo.
Old 10-15-2003, 07:16 PM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Oh shoot!

Originally posted by Maj. Teeth
Holycow,

What charger are you using?
DAn
Hey Dan... I was using an older Tekin BC 67 that I bought back in 2000. (there is no "flex" option) I pulled the pack off before it really even got that warm.. maybe 90 or 95 degrees.

I just got my integy 16x7v6 today, so I can cycle them once or twice tonight.

I assume I can set the peak detect (delta?) to .03 volts? Then set my discharge to exactly 5.4 volts? Im sure its all in the manual. I will let you know how it goes tonight.
Old 10-15-2003, 08:05 PM
Tech Adept

Talking Re: Special Deal Ends

Originally posted by Jimmy Fukuyama
Just to let you guys know, this "Step Up" program will end at the end of this month. Unfortunately, we cannot offer the step up to 1.175~1.179s simply because there just aren't enough to go around. These cells are only 20% of what we get and most times, racers would email us and pre order these so by the time they are done and labeled, they're out the door and into the Fedex trucks.

We have done a great deal of passing on the savings to our fellow racers and supporters. Considering just the free shipping alone is worthwhile and runs us anywhere to $6~$12 depending on the location. That is $6~$12 less then what you would pay on top of the Super low prices we're offering. Then, there is the all time lowest price for our racers and add the upgrades, we're really not even making money of some of these lower priced cells. But again, as a racer myself, we want to extend this to all the racers so they can feel the differences and still afford a great pack of batteries. I would say on the average a racer will save between $20~$50 dollars per order. Some even more so PLEASE DON'T LET THIS DEAL PASS! It won't be this deal ever again.

Now back to bed..

Happy Racing

Jimmy Fukuyama
Hope you didn't take that wrong... I was j/k. You guys have GREAT prices and Free shipping as well... Keep up the great work!!!
Old 10-15-2003, 08:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quick question...Are the current crop of chargers pulse, or linear? A buddy of mine is looking to delve into making a charger, and has no current (NiMh) charger with which to experiment with.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Ron
Old 10-15-2003, 08:33 PM
Tech Regular

Most of the higher end chargers do linear for NiMH and pulse for NiCad. The chargers that do both automagically use linear charging to the best of my knowledge.

-dave
Old 10-15-2003, 11:20 PM
Tech Addict

Hey Dan,

I just put one of my gp3300s though my 16x7v6, and it all went just like you guys said it should. I set it to 6amps, with 3mv peak detection. It charged to just a tad over 9 volts (maybe 9.1? I forget now), then i saw it start to drop a tad, and the charger kicked off. The battery was warm, but not hot. Im going to let it rest/cool for a while, then discharge it at 30amps, down to 5.4v.

Do you guys know of anyway to set up my 16x7 so that it automatically stops at 5.4? I can't seem to find a away. I just hit stop right at 5.4

I will cycle my other pack tonight, then run each pack twice on Saturday, and let you know how they performed.
Old 10-16-2003, 12:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Finally had a chance to put together my batteries,( college sucks ), im going to get a chance to run them this friday hopefully. From the first two initial cycles numbers looked very good, one thing i was impressed about was how the resistance dropped after each cycle.

By the way thanks guys for the free bars and shrinkwrap.
Attached Thumbnails Fukuyama Batteries-jtc3.jpg  
Old 10-16-2003, 12:14 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Johnnytc3
Finally had a chance to put together my batteries,( college sucks ), im going to get a chance to run them this friday hopefully. From the first two initial cycles numbers looked very good, one thing i was impressed about was how the resistance dropped after each cycle.

By the way thanks guys for the free bars and shrinkwrap.
Good deal! glad you like them. The IR is awesome ain't it?

Dan
Old 10-16-2003, 12:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by holycow
Hey Dan,

I just put one of my gp3300s though my 16x7v6, and it all went just like you guys said it should. I set it to 6amps, with 3mv peak detection. It charged to just a tad over 9 volts (maybe 9.1? I forget now), then i saw it start to drop a tad, and the charger kicked off. The battery was warm, but not hot. Im going to let it rest/cool for a while, then discharge it at 30amps, down to 5.4v.

Do you guys know of anyway to set up my 16x7 so that it automatically stops at 5.4? I can't seem to find a away. I just hit stop right at 5.4

I will cycle my other pack tonight, then run each pack twice on Saturday, and let you know how they performed.
Good job! now we're talking! the voltage dropped close to .9 volts which is great! now after a couple of cycles, it may come down even further to 8.9 or 9.0. From the looks of it, you didn't kill the pack but had some false reading from the old Tekin NiCad charger so you're pretty much set on this. Just remember that after you finish cycling and re-training your cells to let them rest at least a good couple of days or you risk the runtime lowering itself. This is a common thing with NimH.

Lastly, I wouldn't know where to tell you on the setting of your new charger as I've never used it. Maybe someone who runs our batteries and own a similar charger can offer you some help?

Good luck

Dan
Old 10-16-2003, 12:28 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by AZ_Ron
Quick question...Are the current crop of chargers pulse, or linear? A buddy of mine is looking to delve into making a charger, and has no current (NiMh) charger with which to experiment with.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Ron
Dpaton is correct.

Dan
Old 10-16-2003, 12:29 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: free batts...

Originally posted by Nexus

1. Racers post pics of race results. those placing 1st in the A Main win (I know most tracks around here print out results and if you have a digital camera you could snap a pic).

Nice idea Nexus, anymore?

Dan
Old 10-16-2003, 12:31 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Special Deal Ends

Originally posted by schdp
Hope you didn't take that wrong... I was j/k. You guys have GREAT prices and Free shipping as well... Keep up the great work!!!
Thanks and I don't think Jim is offended either. He's a honest guy always takes critizism as a way for improvements that I know for sure!

Dan
Old 10-16-2003, 01:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: free batts...

Originally posted by Nexus

Maybe you should give it the ones not winning the A-final because they probably didn't get the Fukuyama Batts

I think the second option is a very good/nice one!

Maybe you should award it to the best Fukuyama t-shirt design?
(or is this already covered?)
Old 10-16-2003, 04:17 AM
Tech Addict

Default Holy Cow

I think your charger shuts off at .8 volts per cell instead of .9.

try telling it its a 7 cell pack then it will shut down at 5.6 volts.

You will also have to tell it to charge at .007 volts (7mv) per cell delta peak because it will peak at .049 v. Or 49 mv for the pack.

David Root

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.