Fukuyama Batteries

Old 03-31-2004, 10:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

You should equalize before the first run of the day. No need to do so after that and at the end of the day just discharge the pack to 5.4v. I like the Rayspeed but any tray with a .9v cutoff will do fine. I'm thinking about the new Novak one too. Looks nice.
Old 03-31-2004, 08:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You should equalize before the first run of the day. No need to do so after that and at the end of the day just discharge the pack to 5.4v. I like the Rayspeed but any tray with a .9v cutoff will do fine. I'm thinking about the new Novak one too. Looks nice.
So what's the longest you can leave your packs at the .90 volt cutoff in storage without hurting them?

racer-oZ
Old 03-31-2004, 08:22 PM
Tech Addict

^^^ good question
Old 03-31-2004, 08:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I don't think that's really a problem. How long are you talking about? I've had some packs that I'm saving for the Reedy race sitting for a couple of months. You may need to cycle them once or so. If you're going to be storing for long periods of time, a month or more, you may want to pull the bars off so the cells don't draw off each other. That's what Dan had me do with a couple of my packs.

Dan- Correct me if I'm wrong on that. BTW, I'll call you in the morning.
Old 03-31-2004, 08:33 PM
Tech Master

I don't think that's really a problem. How long are you talking about? I've had some packs that I'm saving for the Reedy race sitting for a couple of months. You may need to cycle them once or so. If you're going to be storing for long periods of time, a month or more, you may want to pull the bars off so the cells don't draw off each other. That's what Dan had me do with a couple of my packs.
Thanks! I'm hearing a consensus that you can store them at that voltage for a month, maybe a little more, but longer than that it seems most people are suggesting putting some charge into them and then cycle before using again. Your comment about taking off the bars is very interesting, I always wondered how those new cells could sit on the shelf for months on end at .90 volts or less and not be hurt. Thanks again!

racer-oZ
Old 03-31-2004, 11:58 PM
Tech Elite

Last night, I hit the track for the first time with my new 1.160-1.164 Fuk cells.

I charged as recommended with my new CDC 6.0, and both packs peaked in the 131-135 deg F area.

It was their first run ever, and even I read that the first couple of runs wont be at the top, they impressed me. Punch was quite good, but what impressed me the most, was the power for so long time. I race purely stock class, and they lasted much longer than my older packs, before they flattend out.

Unfortunately I only had time for one practise with each pack. So now I'm quite excited to see how they perform the next time. If plans work out as they should, it should be first coming sunday

One question though: WIll they perform noticably better, if I increase the temp. a little or am I just doing fine?
Old 04-01-2004, 12:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by dimples
I can't wait to give them a try. I'm curious to see if the high 1.16's perform like others 1.17's. I even got one pack of 1.17's to boot. Now that I think about it 4 packs of batteries was a bit much for a test but oh well, they should be good As far as pricing, they are pretty much even with everyone else or better. Pro match and SMC seem to be the two big dogs for true competition packs now adays but Fukuyama is right there with numbers and pricing. I know I liked talking to them and ordering with them direct and you can't do that with another large company. Now on to the battery question, do you guys at Fukuyama recommend equalizeing the cells? And if so what tray? I probably won't deadshort but their is no guarantee since I will probably run stock and maybe very little mod.
Thanks
Rob
I'll also recommend using an equalizer - just ensure it has auto cut off. It doesnt matter much if it's a slow one, if you also have a fast discharger for use in combination. This one should also have auto-cutoff.

For equalizer, I'll strongly recommend getting one with a control light for each cell. This way you can ensure that all cells have proper contact. If one cell dont..... There's a great risk of damaging that particular cell.

I use this one (1 amp, 0,8 volt cut off)

Old 04-01-2004, 09:49 AM
Tech Master

Thumbs up STILL GOING STRONG!

Guys,

We've held back for weeks and looks like oiur 1.17 is gonna continue being available! the new process we use ensures that these cells have better runtimes and last longer. This batch of GP in itself is also a GREAT batch! get yours before they're sold out!

Thanks for your excellent support! we will continue to do our part in offering what YOu as a consumer want! Quality product, Support, support, and more support along with awesome customer service!

Thanks

Dan
Old 04-01-2004, 09:52 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by racer-oZ
So what's the longest you can leave your packs at the .90 volt cutoff in storage without hurting them?

racer-oZ
Believe it or not, you can actually store these cells for months with out any charge in them as long as they have been brought down to .90v per cell. The reason is, since the chemicalls in it will hold enough charge in the cell itself without any load. I've had cells stored for 4 months with just .90v and just recently place them on the matcher and voltage and runtime went UP!

Dan
Old 04-01-2004, 09:54 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally posted by Cole Trickle
One question though: WIll they perform noticably better, if I increase the temp. a little or am I just doing fine?
Glad you like your cells Cole. No need to increase the battery temperature, I've noticed no noticeable gains from increasing the peaked temp. just make sure your getting a good peak voltage and over 3300 mahr in runtime.

After two or three race days, the packs should start to show some nice punch.
Old 04-01-2004, 10:02 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by RCBuddha
After two or three race days, the packs should start to show some nice punch.
Thanks. Cant wait, yipiii
Old 04-01-2004, 10:33 AM
Tech Elite

Get your 1.17+'s soon guys. They'll be sold out soon! Only a couple dozen packs left!

Happy racing and thanks for all the support. We really appreciate it!

John
Old 04-01-2004, 10:41 AM
Tech Elite

John. Your one post shy of becoming Tech Master!!!

Muahshahahaahahah

Old 04-01-2004, 10:45 AM
Tech Elite

Not anymore man.. Hehe, 1000
Old 04-01-2004, 10:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by John Fontaine
Not anymore man.. Hehe, 1000
Tech Master J...can you rap a few bars for us...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.